It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United 'Police' States of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
While I'm not a big fan of Huckabee, one has to watch and realize that this problem is being recognized.

What are you expected to do when confronted by these thugs?

Do you sit back and wait for the "Just-us" system? Do you fight back?

At what point do WE THE PEOPLE say enough?

Watch and determine for yourself.

United Police State of America - Pt 1

United Police State of America - Pt 2

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Sure, they haven't busted down your door......YET.

United we stand, divided we fall. They count on our division as their means of control.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Fair enough questions, I dont see your answer though.

As for myself, I think way too much is made of this 'police state' fear being peddled around ATS.
I've seen it from my first day here, seen it in the community long before ATS...but never have I seen it actually materialize.

I know many police officers, some do fall under the 'thug' category as you so eloquently characterized.
Most do not, most that I know actually care about protecting and serving the people in the community.

I have had a fair share of run-ins with police officers as well. I am always respectful and do exactly as they ask, and never have been afraid of what may happen.

United we stand, divided we fall. They count on our division as their means of control.

I think fear of a police state is a better means of control.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I was married to a policeman and never ever feared any one of them.

However after seeing the G20 police excesses in Toronto and after the killing of a knife-wielding youth in a contained street car in Toronto last weekend, times seem to have changed in Canada too. When one of them shot our 20 year old dog without a second thought, it removed from our family the privilege of accompanying him in his last moments whenever we felt the right time would be. That cannot be undone and when other police rush to defend such an action by one of their own instead of reporting it, it tells me that they are entering a "them versus us" type of mentality which should alarm their leaders and cause them to pause and do a rethink.

I believe that we as a society have to make it clear that the brotherhood in blue has become excessive in meting out its brand of policing and that the "we VS them" is dysfunctional. The only way they will re-examine their policies and their training practices is if we the public keep on exposing each and every single excess. We do not need nor want a police state.

Here ya go, OP

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem
Sure, they haven't busted down your door......YET.

Exactly. Why do you think the media is in full race baiting mode?

They want us to hate each other, while they come in and kill us all.

Everyone must cast aside their manufactured prejudices that are a result of this predetermined paradigm.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I've seen it from my first day here, seen it in the community long before ATS...but never have I seen it actually materialize.

You must not be paying attention then, my friend. You don't see it because the conditioning is working on you. There's a reason they don't make these broad, sweeping changes to the law like some sort of Nazi-style roundup. It's because making slow, steady, and subtle changes allows us to adjust to and accept our reality without red flags being raised among the masses.

Were there massive domestic surveillance programs 30 years ago? Or even 20 years ago? Were the police as heavily armed and militarized as they are now? Were they locking down entire cities in response to criminal activity? Was there such a thing as a "free speech zone"? Were you being forced to purchase health insurance under threat of a penalty, regardless of if you want it or need it?

With all due respect, I think you need to open your eyes. Just because you're free to leave your home, go to work, and get drunk on the weekends doesn't mean the country we're living in isn't rapidly heading towards a police state.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Since we got a new Republican governor here in NC,

The weekly "Drivers license checks" have returned....

Doesn't matter what time of day it is, or how busy a 2 lane road is either...

They should at least give out cookies for the inconvenience.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Fair enough questions, I dont see your answer though.

As for myself, I think way too much is made of this 'police state' fear being peddled around ATS.

I know many police officers, some do fall under the 'thug' category as you so eloquently characterized.
Most do not, most that I know actually care about protecting and serving the people in the community.

of the most that "do not" how many turn in the thugs? come on and give me a quality answer?

you're just fooling yourself buddy, there aint no "good cops" just thugs and the rest who say "NOTHING" just like gang bangers wouldn't you say?

I have had a fair share of run-ins with police officers as well. I am always respectful and do exactly as they ask, and never have been afraid of what may happen.

you're naive, nothing more and nothing less.

edit on 3-8-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The police are just another gang like the bloods and the crips. The only difference is uniforms instead if gang signs and they carry in the open and are funded by the state instead of through drug sales(though in some instances even that wouldn't be a differing tactic). All gangs are run by thugs no matter where their secret hideout is. And they always take care of their own over the community at large. I don't see a big difference between any of them.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think a lot of the cops and military are waking up to what's going on and they will side with the rest of the citizens.

Unfortunately there won't be an civil uprising or revolution until you take away the Fast food, internet, and cable TV.

But once those three are taken away, you better watch out!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity

You must not be paying attention then, my friend. You don't see it because the conditioning is working on you.

On the contrary, I've been paying attention for a very long time, I will agree to disagree with you on the conditioning, the same can be said of either side. I still think that the fear of a police state is much more debilitating.

Were there massive domestic surveillance programs 30 years ago? Or even 20 years ago?

Actually if we count back 50 years ago, it lands in smack dab in the middle of Senator McCarthy's era. I think we will find that era just as troubling.

Were the police as heavily armed and militarized as they are now? Were they locking down entire cities in response to criminal activity? Was there such a thing as a "free speech zone"?

I believe that the armament of police forces is in direct relation to a number of factors. 1) The available technology at the time. 2)The affordability of said technology. 3) The technology carries by the criminal element. Here is an article showing that the FBI was using Thompson submachine guns back in 1935. Definitely one of the most casualty producing weapons of its time.

FBI and Tommy gun

Were you being forced to purchase health insurance under threat of a penalty, regardless of if you want it or need it?

That's a social issue, not a police state issue, and it still remains to be seen if this will take effect. If it does then we are both on the same side on that one my friend.

With all due respect, I think you need to open your eyes. Just because you're free to leave your home, go to work, and get drunk on the weekends doesn't mean the country we're living in isn't rapidly heading towards a police state.

I thank you for being respectful, too often members here at ATS forget that we are all here for the same reason and allow their behavior to devolve into name calling and personal attacks. We have our differing points of view, but I still disagree. I simply dont see it happening any more rapidly now than I ever have. Definitely not since McCarthy, not since the 1930's GMen. I could probably walk back through western history and find the same similarities throughout.

new topics

top topics

join