It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indianapolis "Officer of the Year" attacks man in under 16 seconds of conversation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonMoon

I would like to give you a star for your post but thers a ~ where the star outline should be.

I myself will refrain from writing how I feel about this scum bag JBT cop.

It would surely get me an ATS timeout.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's a good thing he didn't do that to someone I love. I'm one of those crazy people who will do something outrageous just to prove a point and not give a damn about the consequences.

There were people standing around, so, wtf? Chalk this up to the pussification of America... They do this BECAUSE they know people won't do a damn thing. If they KNEW otherwise...well, then they would show a little more respect I can promise you that.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I feel very sorry for citizens of the U.S that they have to live under this corrupt brutality acting as law.

At least now there are cameras to film it all.

Like an earlier comment said these police are just thugs who are collecting taxes.

Police state for sure. This behaviour is no better than Hitler's thugs in Nazi Germany. How sad.

You need to deal with this somehow citizens of the U.S. It requires collective action. Everybody needs to stand up to those who are making this kind of brutal policing strategy.

Don't know what more to say. Just ugly thuggery and it sickens my stomach.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

This really shows the extent of the problem.

Even with the VIDEO EVIDENCE right in front of him, the superior officer is STILL trying to protect his officer and trying to brush aside the false report.

It's video evidence, and yet the superior officer is refusing to accept it, and refusing to outright agree that this was excessive force and battery. It's right there in front of him and there's a camera in his face, and he STILL cannot admit that this was criminal and an abuse of authority.

Now imagine what it's like when there is no camera in his face, when they don't have to answer to anyone, and when they can just brush aside any accusation or complaint.

They'd already done that in this case, and that older gentleman would have nothing to support his claim or those of others involved. What about the reports from witnesses? What about the report from the Hotel staff and the man who was recording it all? Were they just ignored or not asked for their version of what happened?

They immediately accepted the lies of the officer, over and above the reports and versions of the incident by several witnesses.

I'm sure there's going to be a "good cop" along here any minute to tell us that the old man was "resisting arrest" or that he failed to "immediately comply" with instructions, thereby justifying the violence of this officer.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
Could it just be systemic steroidal use? Or something more sinister? I dunno...

It's a psychological thing in my opinion.

I recall experiments conducted where individuals are given absolute power and control over others, and no system of accountability. Many of those participating become almost psychotic in their treatment of others.

This is what happened in Nazi Germany, where officers were given absolute control over communities and minorities. It happens in war zones, where men become psychopaths because they can get away with it. They create victims out of entire populations, and they become sadistic as a result of it.

There was an experiment carried out in the 1970's as part of a College Psychology course where students were split into inmates and guards. There were no measures in place to hold the guards accountable for their treatment of prisoners, because no one expected the severity of what happened. Within a couple of days the guards (who were just regular students controlling other students they previously considered their friends and colleagues) became sadists, abusing their inmates, humiliating them, taking enjoyment out of attacking them. The experiment was called off, and many of those who took part in it needed considerable counseling afterward. It caused a bit of a scandal, but even though it was shocking, not many people hold it as an example of this ego complex and unaccountability leading to psychopathic behavior.

That is what I think is happening in police departments all over the world. Many of these officers go into this job because they already have a desire to have respect of others, and this is so close to wanting CONTROL of others, that they slip by. Combine that with a system designed to protect them from ever being held to account, where their word is trusted over those of the public, and you have the perfect environment for the development of this sadistic and psychopathic behavior.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
have no fear, at this rate the intellectually challenged cops of today, will have every municipality broke in no time with huge settlements.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Hopefully this will be the Indianapolis cruiser of the future.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That's a severe incident.

Look at the whole scene. There are 2 hotel guys and an officer. But then there are other people in the lobby watching the scene, on guard. There is one guy by the door, and another guy at closer range, blocking the exits. Plus the women at the concierge, and other customers, who are mostly normal.

So the business partner went to his hotel room, tried the key and it didn't work. From his wit in relating to the concern, I guess the angry man had scotch. Feared a robbery upon hearing people in his hotel room, got police involved. There's nothing wrong with calling police if you think something's wrong. It's when they arrive without invitation, and hang out in the room next door, and maybe use the phone and talk about people who "work with us" and people who need to be out of the neighborhood, and hover around the doors, and use a walkie talkie to talk with other people at the hotel who might be searching your car in the hotel garage, and peep on your vehicle to wait for your friends, when there might be a problem.

Obviously that officer works with the hotel management, upon just a nod. In a situation like that, he who is dressed the nicest wins, and the managers were better dressed. Plus it's sort of like the house always wins.

Those other guys in the lobby might be undercover investigators, federal snoops even. The people in the man's room, snoops. Some investigation teams just do that, they seem to break the rules and snoop without permission, without some publicized idea of a warrant. The hotel management is cooperative with that, but they also can't give any explanation to their client as to why things were awry. He was a businessman right? So he has corporate intelligence, business plans?

My experience says that the people who peep are first related to the Associated Press, who work in tandem with Homeland Security style spies. There's never any evidence of legitimacy it seems with these kinds of investigations. It's a sneak and peek of hotel rooms. And that's the scene someone gets when they're being snooped on by federal investigator and newsmaker types. And the officer was distancing the man from proof of any investigation. Even more distance when it comes to having a hearing about how the laws were enforced. Lesson learned: cops don't solve business problems.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Sandalphon because: his buddy didn't get tackled

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone found this but i did a good bit of digging and
this article came up, apparently the police have had THAT FOOTAGE
for five MONTHS and have not done anything about until this
hit the news!!!! think about what that says.......

www.usaprepares.com...
edit on 12-8-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join