It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated TOS/Rules search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Would it be possible to create a dedicated search engine for the TOS and posting rules?

There have been many times I have had a questions about not violating the TOS here on ATS. I go the search feature and try looking up my query, only to find pages and pages of non-related search results.

Being able to filter the TOS/Posting rules from the plethora of other material here on ATS would be of great help.

Just an idea... thanks

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

At the bottom of most pages on ATS you will find a link named Terms and Conditions that will take you directly to them.

While the whole T&C is relevant, for most issues "Section 15" should cover all the questions you might have.

ETA: Should you ever have a question that the T&C doesn't seem to make clear... just go to your "myATS" and use the "complaint" button to ask the staff. We are always happy to help!
edit on 8/2/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thanks Heff, I appreciate it

Looking for the "My ATS Complaint Button" right now.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I misspoke - it's under "tools".

Here is a link directly to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There's a rule of thumb that will serve you well...

Imagine you're attending a reasonably nice adult party with a wide range of different types of people all engaged in conversation. You strike up a chat with someone you've never met before. If you would hesitate to use certain words, show a certain time of photo, or play a certain type of video to this new acquaintance, than such is most-likely not appropriate for ATS.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Your "rule of thumb" is a matter of perspective. Everyone is different and finds different things acceptable or offensive.

So what good is your "rule of thumb"?

As an example: use of the phrase "rule of thumb". As it originally referred to being able to beat your wife with a stick which was up to but no bigger than the thickness of one's thumb... some women might find it offensive.

You should be ashamed of yourself Bill. Tsk tsk.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thank you Heff and SkepticOverlord. I found the magic button and sent off an inquiry about one of my threads. I just don't want to step out of line (again).

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

In addition to the T&C itself, you might find this thread Index of Important ATS Related Threads handy in sorting out the little details to various parts of the T&C.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Thank you Ahabstar! That is treasure trove I never knew existed

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMoon
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Your "rule of thumb" is a matter of perspective. Everyone is different and finds different things acceptable or offensive.

So what good is your "rule of thumb"?

As an example: use of the phrase "rule of thumb". As it originally referred to being able to beat your wife with a stick which was up to but no bigger than the thickness of one's thumb... some women might find it offensive.

You should be ashamed of yourself Bill. Tsk tsk.

I would say that those who don't "get it" within the context that ATS is intending are not likely ATS material.

If i were to hazard a guess.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What is this "get it" you refer to? And as for what they "intend"... isn't the road to hell supposedly paved with good intentions. Perhaps if good ole billy boy can't express himself in a coherent, yet inoffensive manner, he should just shush eh?

And were I to "hazard a guess", I'd say the guy who comes to the defense of the bossman... is a brown nose. Just my 2cents

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

What is this "get it" you refer to? And as for what they "intend"... isn't the road to hell supposedly paved with good intentions. Perhaps if good ole billy boy can't express himself in a coherent, yet inoffensive manner, he should just shush eh?

And were I to "hazard a guess", I'd say the guy who comes to the defense of the bossman... is a brown nose. Just my 2cents

Luckily, there are no "boss men" on the Internet.
You should look at my posting history. I have been everything short of just plain nasty in my critique's of ATS and the execution of its TOS. Your lame ad hominem is duly noted.

In any event, if you aren't getting it, you may not belong here. "Get it" means that no one has to explain to you how to interact in polite society. I a redneck. I am oilfield trash. At home every 4th word is an F-bomb when the wife and I talk. So good ole billy boy doesn't get a free pass. Either he can interact in polite society or not. If not, there is always GLP.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I a redneck. I am oilfield trash.

You're not furry?

Damn. There goes my mental image.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If you are not, indeed a brown nose, I do humbly apologize good sir. It was as ill thought out as your suggestion I may not belong here. Which was just a semi-polite way of saying "if you don't agree... leave".

Funny... this could be a good example of two wrongs making a right. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you are not, indeed a brown nose, I do humbly apologize good sir. It was as ill thought out as your suggestion I may not belong here. Which was just a semi-polite way of saying "if you don't agree... leave".

Funny... this could be a good example of two wrongs making a right. Go figure.

Fair enough.

To clarify, however, I am hardly about agreeing. Being a businessman, i am a fierce believer in speaking your mind (if your mind isn't full of hate) so that matters can be settled and progress can be made.

SO: i used to have hair to my lower back. Before i moved into the current industry where appearance seems to matter to clients. But i am about as hairy as you could expect a Hungarian to be. Sometimes when I sneeze it looks like a party favor.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Sometimes when I sneeze it looks like a party favor.

You could sell those on Etsy!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
As Hefficide noted, Section 15 of the T&C is the major plce to look. But, as SkepticOverlord has reminded us, posting is a privilege. Glance at Section 22:

A portion of Section 22 of the T&C reads:

"We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict Posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever."

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

You're in a business where people see your lower.back a lot? Underwear model perhaps?

top topics

join