It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW Mushroom cloud in Homs army. WWIII ? Updated now Reportet on Sky news.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
HI all. just found this on twitter. check it out.

i will post more pic in a moment. from the Video.

just look like a mushroom cloud, in Homs army. from today 08/01-2013.

i don't know more then what we see in the tweet and video.

LATEST NEWS:

Originally posted by wiser3
Report just now on Sky News "Huge explosion kills 22 in Syria's Homs, at a munitions factory!" Basically that's all info they have at this stage!
edit on 1/8/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2013 by kadara_dk because: (updated with Pics and Quote with sky news )

edit on 1-8-2013 by kadara_dk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What? Where is this? When?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No they are not nuclear.

They are very large conventional explosions.

Nuclear blasts have signatures.
Namely the first part is where if you look at it when it goes off, it blinds you.
We are talking ultra-bright.

link   
Looks more like an explosion from a refinery or something of that sort. Maybe a fire that got out of control and got to some tanks?
Can anyone translate for us?
edit on 1-8-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

link   
every large enough explosion will make a mushroom cloud....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Mushroom clouds are not a unique feature of nuclear weapons. A sufficiently large conventional explosion will give a similar shape. This one looks like it could be an arms storage area going up.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I am presuming the guy filming the video is part of the terror group setting them off (in a city? disgusting!).

He kept praising his religious icon while filming intently on the exact spot.

Really amazing though how NATO tricked all these terror groups into focusing on Syria right now instead of on..well...NATO.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Looks more like an explosion from a refinery or something of that sort. Maybe a fire that got out of control and got to some tanks?
Can anyone translate for us?
edit on 1-8-2013 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

He kept saying Praise God while filming the incident.

He panned to the exact location before the explosions (although there was what seemed to be smoke billowing from the area already).

IMHO he looks very guilty and involved in the plot.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes your right that guy would probably be screaming in agony from 1st degree burns.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It doesn't even require a large explosion to make a mushroom cloud.
They are mostly a function of where the explosion occurs.
Nuclear weapons detonated high in the atmosphere do not form mushroom clouds.

The mushroom shape is formed when the detonation of an explosive device is on or near the ground. The explosive force and debris carried with it is free to travel upwards and outwards, but not down. Thermal convection carries smoke and debris further upwards until it loses heat and gravity takes over pulling the upper layers down. The cooling upper portion has to fall over (and outside of) the lower and warmer smoke, gases and debris that is still rising. This is what forms the characteristic shape.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am presuming the guy filming the video is part of the terror group setting them off (in a city? disgusting!).

Really amazing though how NATO tricked all these terror groups into focusing on Syria right now instead of on..well...NATO.

I don't speak muslim but to automatically group him in with a terrorist group just because he is praising his God is wrong. I'm sure if this was on my land you would be hearing me say "Oh God" or "Jesus Christ". That wouldn't mean I was celebrating what was happening.

edit on 1-8-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I don't speak muslim but to automatically group him in with a terrorist group just because he is praising is God is wrong. I'm sure if this was on my land you would be hearing me say "Oh God" or "Jesus Christ". That wouldn't mean I was celebrating what was happening.

He wasn't saying it like that.

The phrase he said is a praise, a celebratory thanks for victory.
"God is the Greatest" to be literal.

He isn't speaking Muslim either, because Muslim isn't a language.
The language is Arabic.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I wonder if it is just a coincidence that in the last 12 hours many news outlets have been reporting "US analysts predict future Israeli air strikes on Syrian arms cache"

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That is a ridiculous presumption. The man filming the video is obviously terrified: he was screaming for God in the end.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo

That is a ridiculous presumption. The man filming the video is obviously terrified: he was screaming for God in the end.

Psychic too huh because he just happen to pan onto the area before the blasts?

Cmon folks add all the info up and tell me what it looks like?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

He is saying "God is great. Homs is burning. On the 23 rd day of Ramadan." I believe this happened this past Sunday. From what I have read and heard, it was a car bomb that exploded under (garage or parking area) a building. Many innocent people, mostly children lost their lives. Not to mention the injured and others still in shcok. My heart and prayers goes out to the families.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That's a Big Bang but not a nuke IMHO...

As mentioned before, Nukes emit MASSIVE bright flashes on detonation and if you are unlucky enough to be close then you will have a suntan for the rest of your life (however long that might be?)

Here is a link to a clip for a shell fired tatical nuke from Nevada

www.youtube.com...

interesting to see a similar shape and fireball but flash gives it away..

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nrthstar
reply to post by DAVID64

He is saying "God is great. Homs is burning. On the 23 rd day of Ramadan." I believe this happened this past Sunday. From what I have read and heard, it was a car bomb that exploded under (garage or parking area) a building. Many innocent people, mostly children lost their lives. Not to mention the injured and others still in shcok. My heart and prayers goes out to the families.

Thanks I was trying to look up the other part of that statement.
Was doing some translations but not making much progress.

This happened right before the blasts went off just a few seconds.
Uncanny coincidence I might say.

Perhaps he is just an observer than?
Some of the comments in the youtube video claim it was some sort of fire before the explosions.
Then there were tons of posts blaming various parties, mostly religious themed groups.

Him filming the exact spot while yelling God is Great sure does throw me off.
Considering I have watched 100s of ambush videos that are exactly like this (in terms of how things play out).
edit on 1-8-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I was looking at Homs the other day from these photos being passed around...

The whole city is practically in rubble now...seriously Google photos of Homs and check out the wide-scale devastation.

I asked myself just a few days ago...who would stay in this place?
I would assume more than half the city if not the vast majority already fled to anywhere but there.

A lot of the pics I have seen in recent weeks do make it seem like it's a bit of a ghost town now aside of the battles going on around there.

I don't know but I figure that both "sides" of the war treat everyone and everything as enemy combatants in that hellhole by this point.

So now you can understand my view on why I am so quick to this the photographer of the video could have been either involved in it, or knew about it before hand.
If he is innocent bystander, than he needs to get the hell outta Dodge asap!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The term " Alah Huwa Akabar", "God is great" is used by many in Arabic, it is used in many different situations. From what I gather, he is using it in "Oh my God" Vs. the homer Simpson episode or Ahmad the dead terrorist would be using it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join