It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida deputies shoot at SENIOR CITIZEN 15 times! Blame Victim

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Police are a contradiction to societies.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Maybe they need to start carrying 6 shot single action revolvers.

How about muskets?

Honestly police should be made to have something like Google glasses where everything they do is recorded.

Cameras on their pistols that start recording as soon as they are drawn.

I believe that will be the future in law enforcement but only after there is pressure from the populace.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

How about muskets?

Frightening. That might mean the plot of the movie Looper actually happens.

edit on 7/31/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Florida home of the killer cops and retarded juries.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Im I following this correctly? The Police scum fire on the Man 15 times, managing to hit him twice(Back to the firing range i imagine), then claim they done so because the dude allegedly had something metallic in his possession which turns out to be a cigarette!!!

One has to wonder how many points these Police Lucifer's get for an unarmed senior citizen! LoL

Hope the dudes' ok!

And I hope the retarded rednecks aka officers of the law responsible for said atrocity are made to answer for there actions, of which I imagine there is a snowball's chance in hell!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCJustJ
Why are people so quick to say things like "Sue them for everything they've got" how does taking tax payer money help the situation? If anything it just makes things worse. I understand suing for lost wages, and medical expenses, and any lawyer fees you acquire but this idea that people should be trying to get as much money as possible is one of the biggest flaws in the system.

You aren't hurting the police by doing that, Well, you are, but you're also taking tax payer dollars and putting it into another person hands, despite them not really deserving nearly as much money as people tend to get in these situations.

i can see your point. it SHOULD HURT the cops, one of the points of suing to make people/organizations either fix something or insure it does not happen again. and victims (or surviving family) DO deserve something TANGIBLE for what happened, especially in a case like this where there was an EXTREMELY GOOD CHANCE OF DEATH and PERMANENT HARM. and this OLD MAN HAS had PERMANENT HARM done to him. "a metal rod was placed inside his shattered left leg." is NO JOKE. he will likely suffer pain for the remainder of his days from it. he may not have full, unrestricted use of the limb. that limb is now a "weak spot" for further issues like rebreakage or other problems (2 out of 2 people i know who have had recent "metal pins" placed in their bodies for repair, both of whom are MUCH younger than this gentleman have had SERIOUS PROBLEMS as a result, one requiring yet more invasive surgery, the other not only requiring more surgery but has had the fun of living in GREAT PAIN for THREE YEARS as a result).not to mention the older you get the harder it is to heal properly (one reason why a broken hip can be deadly to an older person). so surely this man deserves SOMETHING to help offset not only the fact that his life was risked for no reason and injury taken from those that are supposed to serve and protect US. but the pain and SUFFERING, as well as limitations he will now have due to this IMPROPER SHOOTING.

but you are right, it SHOULD NOT be from PUBLIC MONEY. perhaps instead of taking public monies for things like this, it should come first from taking everything the officers and their immediate families own, and the rest from the police retirement funds. put the hurt DIRECTLY on those who caused it and not the public. at least that way it is something FELT by the police not just "oh well doesn't effect me", and cause police to act more responsibly so as not to loose everything they own.

I don't think taking their money is the way to fix the system, if anything it probably just makes the cops angrier, and the last thing we need is a bunch of angry cops.

we ALREADY HAVE OUT OF CONTROL ANGRY COPS. this is NOT the cause, the MENTALITY, TRAINING, and lack of any real RESPONSIBILITY for their actions is he cause of this.

I feel like a lot of these lawsuits contribute to that whole us vs them mentality that the bad cops tend to have.

the "us vs them mentality", is more a result of HOW they are TRAINED than anything.

But despite all that I can't say I wouldn't consider doing the same if I was shot by a police officer, so I don't think any less of the people who do. I just feel conflicted about the whole thing.

that i can understand as i feel the same conflict about it. especially when we all know that there are those who are sue happy, and want to sue for millions because THEY spilled hot coffee on THEMSELVES, or tripped over THEIR OWN TODDLER in an "overcrowded store", and the like.

in cases such as this it becomes rather apparent that cops need to ALL BE RETRAINED, go through continual MENTAL EVALUATIONS, and generally become more facilitating of those they interact with and FAR LESS AGGRESSIVE, or be TERMINATED.

i have said this many times, yet every incident like this brings such a thing a bit closer to reality. i can see one day (probably sooner than later), where someone sees a cop apparently approaching them, knocking on their door, or asking them to stop. and the SHOOT TO KILL claiming "PREEMPTIVE SELF DEFENSE" as they were JUSTLY SCARED FOR THEIR LIVES. it is something i NEVER WANT TO SEE, but the way cops are OUT OF CONTROL makes this outcome more likely. something NEEDS DESPERATELY to be done to FIX this PROBLEM. people keep on saying that these"bad cops" are the exception, and not the rule, and not to paint ALL COPS with this brush. but what ARE THOSE COPS DOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Honestly police should be made to have something like Google glasses where everything they do is recorded.

Cameras on their pistols that start recording as soon as they are drawn.

I believe that will be the future in law enforcement but only after there is pressure from the populace.

i posted an idea like this awhile back. i like your idea "camera glasses" and "gun cameras. my idea was something more like a "badge" or "name tag" camera. making it a firing/chargeable offence to cover it or the mic. let EVERYTHING the officer see's, does, hears, and says be recorded and public record any time the cop has on his uniform, carries his badge, or gun. this "might" help, as long as they severely punished ANY infraction the officer makes. also make it a LAW that a cop CAN NOT, wear his uniform, carry his badge or gun, or do any "law enforcing" while OFF DUTY, let the most he can do is call 911 like the rest of us and let an ON DUTY COP handle any issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have a pretty jaded opinion of the current breed of LEO. My son in law is a cop and he tells me things that would make your hair turn grey (-er in my case!).

The modern herd of cops are revenue collectors for their city, county and state. They are profit and population generators for the private prison complex...and they are the personal security teams for the elite. The rest of us are just pockets and wallets to be plundered and extorted.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
NOTHING is going to change until qualified immunity is removed from cops.

iow nothing is going to change.

Also agree with the poster that mentioned lawsuits.

they use bullets, you use PAPER.

yeah, that'll show 'em.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Why does it not amaze me that it's Escambia County?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan

IS THIS HOW THEY TRAIN OFFICERS IN FLORIDA? Shoot first and ask questions later?

I'm not sure we can define police indoctrination taking place in the US as "training".

They sneak around like burglars & rapists, looking over the property and possessions of people. They shoot first, shoot last and shoot some more. They kill people and animals that are no threat to them. This is not the conduct of legitimate police. This is occupation and pacification conduct.

With their collective nationwide behavior, it's no wonder why some departments have been asked about "hardening" their police stations.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The deputies were in fear for their own safety

I'm so sick of hearing that excuse.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

He then backed out of the vehicle with his hands raised, he said. He later told his mother that he had his car keys in his hand with a metal flashlight attached.

In a press conference Monday afternoon, Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan said his officers reported that Middleton lunged out of the vehicle and spun toward them.

That's when they opened fire.

www.usatoday.com...

Hands raised, then turned around. Seems reasonable.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ah this just a new part of QUIT smoking campaign.

Ban smoking in restaurants and clubs.

Ban smoking in public areas such as Train, tram and bus stops, then move the ban to beaches.

After making some money from fines

just get the governments gang to start legally shooting smokers going out for puff in their driveways at night.

The number of smokers will drop,

whether by their own choosing or the barrel of our guns.

These officers must of been highly trained in these new tactics.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by Visitor2012

When a cop usesvthat excuse it should be cause for termination.

How can you be an effective cop if you're so afraid of everything?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

But the keys weren't even loaded!!

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Its pretty sad how useless todays police seem, even though Barney Fife was a bumbling idiot, I would take the local good guy cop any day. Ones who adhered to the notion of "To Serve and Protect" not "Fine, Enforce, and Imprison". The whole make up of police forces these days seem like mentally unstable people with an ax to grind. Then again when you are dealing with imbeciles, at least as far as education requirements are concerned I guess you end up with what you are looking for.

I live by the fact I will protect myself and my family or at least try with what ever means I have possible before I will ever call the police. I fear the "GANG" in blue far more than I fear any criminal. Criminals you stay out of there business they leave you alone. The police on the other hand feel your business, is always there business, and in most instances they will treat you as a criminal before they treat you like the person they are sworn to protect, before they treat you like the one who pays there salaries.

Advice to all get certified buy your own weapons and protect yourself from criminals and the gang in blue alike fact is your more than likely to get shot by the later.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I wonder what would have happened if a neighbor had shot him while checking out the light and noise outside and then shot his neighbor when he saw a metallic object (flashlight and/or keys) in his hand without recognizing him? Do you think the police would just say it was a terrible accident or would he be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and second degree murder if he died? Why, then, do the police get carte blanche for these shootings? Because they knowingly put themselves in harm's way for a living? What about "equal protection" under the law?
edit on 1-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have had a terrible experience with police. Not in the sense that I've been harassed, but in the sense that I've worked with former LEO in the private military world. I would say on the whole, most guys in the PMC world would agree with me. Former LEO are the least professional "soldiers" I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are extremely cocky for how little practical skill they have, they boast the most in the chow lines, many have extremely poor fitness, despite good outright strength. Incapacitated after a mile because they're so winded, that sort of thing. They treat any foreign soldiers we encounter, especially ones we are training with a condescending attitude and overall contempt. It has really left a bad taste in my mouth and will continue to do so as long as I happen to work with them in any capacity. The good thing is you hardly see any in maritime contracts. Other than the huge staffing problems PMCs had several years ago, I have no idea why any were/are hired.

My overall feeling about this news is the following: Whenever I hear about police misconduct, which not only includes going against that department's protocols, but also breaking the law and or infringing on other citizen's civil liberties, I immediately think that any and all officers who belong to that department are just as bad and just as culpable as the perpetrating LEO when they don't officially and loudly condemn the perpetrating officer, ostracize them, and fire them.

If you belong to a department that has had bad cops and haven't filed official complaints, haven't called for action, conspicuously and unambiguously, then you are are just as bad as the offending officer in question.

All I'm asking for is a little integrity.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
that is just sick! ! 5 times is so uncalled for.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join