It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most complete article on future robots and policing I have ever read..good luck world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
www.scribd.com...

There will be much more autonomous functioning to reduce costs and free police officers for more human tasks. Humanoid walking robots would be more in use for crowd control at games, strikes and riots. Robots will patrol city centres and trouble spots where fights are likely to break out. Robots will have reasonable speech perception and be able to ask questions and respond to answers.

Powerful soft bodied robots will be developed that can restrain people without danger of hurting them. These could then be used asrobot bouncers and security guards at nightclubs. There could also be radio tickets so robots can tell if humans have tickets and eject or detain those without. Robots will be able to spray a crowd with RFID tag darts or some futuristic equivalent so that people can be tracked after the crowd has been dispersed. They will always have a human operator on call to assist with ambiguities and to give instructions about the use of physical force.

QUOTE:
The first autonomous police cars will have appeared – they have no need for adriver. These will be able to stop violators or use their cameras to identify the licence plate and automatically deduct fines from bank accounts. There are already a number of autonomous cars in 2008 but it is not possible to get them in operation on the roads because of insurance and legislative difficulties. Many competitive companies, not to mention the military, are working hard to overcome all of the difficulties and that should happen by this period.Robots will use ultra high speed networks to communicate with each other as if they were a single machine so that they can act in concert. Each robot will be able to“see” what all of the others can see. Their computers will be just another node on the network so that information sharing is almost instantaneous. They will be able to search integrated internet databases at very high speed and access visual information from networks of survellience cameras or even access other robot visual systems anddata banks. Another development will be the use of swarm intelligence technologies either with small or large robots to make escape from capture impossible. When set in automatic mode, the robots will be able to collectively plan at very high speeds and communicate directly through their computers without giving anything away to suspects. END QUOTE:

People always wonder about the future and IMO this is one possible future I am glad I will not be around to see.
Some of this stuff is right out of DARPA's hand book on crowd control IMO.. On a positive note maybe it will stop the corrupt flesh and blood cops from doing their planting, stealings, and beatings....It maybe a total green light for all kinds of bad things or good....you decide... "glad I will be dead and gone before the full program is possible"...

edit on 25-7-2013 by 727Sky because: .....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Robots will have access to integrated databases of all information on citizens and their friends and associate circles including bank accounts, tax, motoring,shopping, criminal records and movements These will be similar to but much more advanced than the US Total Information Awareness (TIA) and MATRIX (MultistateAnti-Terrorism Information Exchange) programmes that were cancelled due to public outrage. A suspect’s movements for particular dates will be checked on the network of surveillance footage.There will also be many tiny polymer robots equipped with cameras that can besprayed into populated areas or private dwellings and that can then self-configure into larger robots to constrain criminal activity.

The ground work is being laid today, not tomorrow, for this future....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Seems like a plot for a sci-fi movie, yet technology truly is becoming the muscle to usher in this tyrannical system. Is there anyway to stop these chain of events without some war , EMP ,solar flare or major natural disaster ??

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how well insulated these future robots might resist a stun gun or taser while their back is turned?

Unassisted robots that aren't true AI are disasters waiting to happen.

Granted, they'd be cool and novel in some respects, but, giant targets of little value compared their cost.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The future has the possibility to be amazing. Unfortunately we tend to hurt ourselves by always using an idea for its absolute worse and dismissing the good aspects of ideas so the bad goes unchallenged. We could have a world college in our pockets but we don't and most likely wouldn't buy one if that is what it was. What we have is, a colorful, distracting, interactive, potential multi-monitering, tracking device. Nearly everybody I know, would react worse without their phone than I would with out my cigarettes.
I would love a future where I could print my food, clothes, prescriptions, first aid, ect. Recycle my house and print it out again. Be able to mobilize automated with nearly no energy consumed. Interact with friends in artificially generated environments. Living in a non harmful EM environment and have sleep enhanced. The problem is, we can only have it after we survive molesting ourselves with robots, be watched from everywhere but from inside ourselves, and polluting everything with ignorance, stupidity and evil from our ecosystem to our genetic pool.
Pizza delivered by drones will be soon. Master that and the rest just happens.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
in reality you either have about a 20 year window to get out of north america and move to some small country or you might end up being enslaved beyond anything you thought possible.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
in reality you either have about a 20 year window to get out of north america and move to some small country or you might end up being enslaved beyond anything you thought possible.

Oops, too late for you!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If I had the money I'd probably and they were selling droids I'd probably buy one. It would be handy for so many things. And if it's super hot you could probably bang it. But just the sheir volume of things you could get it to do from work to house work to cooking, arrands, etc etc. Just make life a lot easier I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I think the real innovative and dangerous aspect to robotics are the types that can fly. I think that swarm intelligence is probably the creepiest thing of all. It creeps me out more than walking robots. These things won't allow criminals to escape. They'll be able to observe you without you knowing. They'll be able to kill you simply by landing on you and injecting something. They'll watch you from all directions. You can't fight 1000 bots effectively without having your own. Etc.

Walking robots is nothing compared to all the other things coming our way, like nanobots. There're things we don't yet predict. I wonder what those things will be.

Imagine if we could neutralize any person on the planet from a satellite. You think it's possible? I'm thinking of special detection schemes that can penetrate walls and underground. Once they know where you're and are tracking you, they send hte microbots to attack you.

Oneday, nobody will be safe on this panet unless they're buried deep or not on earth.

Here's a taste of what's coming:
www.popsci.com - Inside The Swarming Quadrotor Lab Of KMel Robotics...

Have a look at this section in the linked article:

But it will. Congress has mandated that the Federal Aviation Administration slowly open up the U.S. national airspace to non-military commercial and civilian drones, culminating in a complete integration of unmanned systems into the national airspace by 2015. Whether or not the FAA will hit its deadline is anyone’s guess (probably not), but legally speaking the groundwork is being laid.

In light of this, a potential market is emerging as well. Civil engineers have toyed with the idea of using camera- and sensor-equipped quadrotors and other fixed-wing drones to inspect civil infrastructure like bridges and dams. Utilities and energy companies likewise have explored using similar systems for pipeline and power line inspection and security. Various government agencies would like to use drone technology for everything from traffic monitoring to environmental sensing to wildfire spotting and wildlife tracking. Then there are applications like wide-area security and search and rescue--spaces where autonomous swarms of multiple aerial drones would make a huge impact.

“I think we’re going to see an explosion of small aerial vehicles for a wide range of activities,” Mellinger says. “There are a lot of cool applications for vehicles like these, and opening the airspace is going to enable them.” But, Kushleyev adds, we still don’t know what the killer app--the one that’s really going to push this technology into the mainstream--will be.

“We talk to venture capitalists, and they’re interested in million dollar businesses,” Kushleyev says “They come to us and tell us their point of view and how things should be happening. They do their own market research. And they’re still trying to figure out what this killer idea or application is, some product or some service.” But thus far, he says, these angel investors haven’t produced a million-dollar idea either.

edit on 26-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

join