It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*video* What's really wrong with education and how it could change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We all know the education system sucks , it doesn't teach us anything useful and just attempts to churn out mindless drones. Did you ever get the feeling that school was just holding you back even trying its best to stop you from realizing your full potential?

This video explains why that is and offers some possible solutions to the problem.

edit on 25-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Exceptional video. What this person says is mostly true, but this goes against the present conditioning that is now being done. If we allow people to work together and not to restrict them too much, it can have a very synergenic boost to our societies. But as this stated, the present tendency of people in society to polarize is a very big problem with this system. I can't see this happening.

We need jobs of all kinds in society, not just jobs for the intelligent. The problem is that everyone deserves to work if they want and the present system causes a monetary class division along an intellectual division pattern, with those who finish college thinking they are better than those who don't and a corresponding feeling that their value is more. It really only means that a person is better because they are smarter, it only means they can do a kind of work that others can't or don't desire to do. A person working at NASA is no better than a person working at a farm or in a factory in reality, although many with degrees think they are.

I have learned many things since I left school, I never stopped learning. My daughter was in college for five years and was stuck on the idea she needed a college education to be anyone. She still had a couple of years to get a degree. She wanted to go to India to study Yoga, I told her she should go instead of college. She did it for three years for about six weeks and got a nice flexible job in the meantime and has been working at that for about five years, making more than she would have made if she finished college. She also gets to travel all over the country and meet new people and learn. If she would have finished college, most likely she would have hated her job after a few years because she is like me...She loves learning and gaining new experiences.

I give a star and flag to this thread. I feel that some of this should be incorporated into education but I also feel that it may be nearly impossible to accomplish in a few years because of the polarized nature that has consumed this country and others. Technology has not made us smarter, it has made us dependent on technology and narrowed our vision. It takes millions of dedicated neurons to operate a remote control. Although we have billions of neurons, think of how many it takes to run an Iphone and memorize patterns in X-box games. Unless you can successfully dump this processor hungry stuff, the kids will suffer in school.

Only complaint....The last twenty or so seconds the voice ended abruptly
Makes you wonder what the conclusion of the video says, if it said anything at all

edit on 25-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I feel that some of this should be incorporated into education but I also feel that it may be nearly impossible to accomplish in a few years because of the polarized nature that has consumed this country and others.

I think it would take a long time too. Starting with firing obama.

join