It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pal-V flying car..Yes it flys video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Pretty interesting concept based on the gyro-copter and the 3 wheel car that leans into the turns making it more stable on the ground. With the price of aviation fuel being well over $5 a gallon at most FBOs and hanger space costing what it does this might work for some people who know what they are doing. I am not sure I like the folding rotor system in that there have been a few people killed by slinging a blade in flight with a gyro-copter so that would be one thing I would hope that is well over engineered.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That is pretty cool! Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The handling on the road seems impressive, and the aircraft format looks good, but the one drawback that I can see, is that it seems to have pretty limited space for passengers and luggage.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That looks really nice and swish and functional.

Considering we have trikes and gyro copters already Im shocked is taken this long, but hey its here!

My motorbike loving and helicopter flying father is going to LOVE this when i share it with him, so thank you very much for finding and posting.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I would preffer something aerodynamic when I am on the air... so i rather wait for this

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Pretty cool stuff, F&S for the OP!

It sure beats the hell out of any of those other three wheeled motorcycle type vehicles I've seen advertised. Now if they can just get down into my price range, that would be great, Thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Pretty cool.

I can remember being a kid and when my family asked me what kind of car i wanted when i get older, i would say "none of them im going to have a flying car by the time i drive". The funny thing is i wasnt the only one who said that i think the reason i started saying that is because one day i was talking to my grandma about driving and she said "by the time your driving everyone will be flying their cars". I think most people will say the same thing about when they were younger,i feel like alot of people 20 years ago would sware wed have flying cars by the year 2000.

Its funny how wrong we all were. Im not going to speculate whether or not we have the capabilities to mass manufacture a flying car or not (or how the government would handle that, having civilians in the sky at all times seems like a perfect setup for their famous line that would sound something like "having civilians in unrestricted airspace is a threat to national security!"), but i will say that the first video of that car/helicopter is very very cool. I really like the design for it and i love how the video actually shows it being flown and not some computer generated simulation. I would like to know more about its safety features though, In the video it seems that guy was reaching very high altitude and id like to know what kind of safety measures are in place incase something goes wrong.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Me WANT!

I would, however, rather enjoy something with VTOL, or VSTOL to facilitate a whole new world of remote far-away from everyone and everything wilderness camping.

I could find a good clearing, touch down, camouflage tarp my ride and be hiking even further into unsullied, unspoiled far away places.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I love the chassis design. The wheels and rotating blades are old, that you'd need a road to use it that way. It flies, but that's not what I think of when I say flying car. Add 2 million dollars worth of equipment around that thing, propel it without blades using something... newer, then you might have something that would make me squee and say take my money. See the idea is that you don't want to be running around town in a very expensive garbage disposal that requires wearing a helmet to operate. I've seen prototypical models like this 15, 20 years ago with the folding blades and stuff. Meh; future cars don't need blades.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'll take one. As long as it comes (optional) with

"Ballistic Recovery Systems (BRS) are giant parachutes fitted to the exterior of small aircraft that can be deployed in the event of non-fixable mechanical or structural failures while the plane is in the air. The basic idea is very simple: Instead of having the pilot wear a parachute, the parachute is attached to the aircraft itself. In an emergency, the entire aircraft falls to the ground at relatively safe velocity."

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

"Ballistic Recovery Systems (BRS) is very problematic with rotor blades. You can blow the rotor mast with a charge and then deploy the chute but without removing the rotor blades you would come down like a Fat June bug in a tangled spider web only much faster, harder, and probably not survive.

edit on 25-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You can blow the rotor mast with a charge and then deploy the chute
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes, of course.

Optional model would do just that.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adamkgonz

We will only have flying cars when:

1. A safe (or lawsuit-proof), mostly automated, and big brother trackable infrastructure is in place.

2. It becomes more profitable than conventional cars.

My opinion anyway, and we all know what they say about opinions...

top topics

join