It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving the zombie apocalypse..and other useless household tips

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Have you ever gotten in a fight with that roll-over ad in front of the new topics tab? I have, and that was a sign that I needed to make better use of my time. If you're bored like me, I recommend this neat youtube channel full of how-to "life hacks" and household tips. There's hours of quality youtube entertainment to be had here!

www.youtube.com...

No, most of them aren't very practical, but they are neat parlor tricks that are sure to entertain.

Here are a few tips from a larger playlist for zombie apocalypse survival:
www.youtube.com...

And if that doesn't do it for you, maybe winning bar bets is more your thing. Don't worry, he's got you covered!

I believe I promised some useless household tips. Here they are:

And for teh kittehs!

I found this to be one of the most entertaining channels on youtube. I hope you enjoy it as well.

edit on 24-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I absolutely love the cat tent! Thats so freaking cute its ridiculous!

Heres a household tip for the end of the world:
Maintain your blades. Anything with an edge on it will be valueable beyond belief, so get hold of a good whetstone that you can carry with you, and keep your knives away from surfaces which might dull the edges, until of course the moment comes where someone or something requires thier attentions.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Most home interior door locks have no tumblers, and can be "picked" by simply using a pair of scissors or a steak knife, inserted as a key and turned. (which is why I replaced any interior door locks to rooms I'd actually want to lock, with exterior door locks that would require a key).

I've learned a lot of neat little tricks around the ranch for things, but am hard-pressed to put them to paper. Will have to think about it.

Cheap animal fencing: Get cattle panels (they are about $1 a foot, typically 18' long panels, 4' high, so $18) and put them up with 4" diameter posts (7' high (they say 8', but never are), so you put about 3' in the ground). Each post is around $4. Never have found a cheaper option. They are a 4 inch by 4 inch grid (though smaller on the bottom). We fenced in a large dog area way cheaper than any other way. Gates are gates though, and can't skimp much on them.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

As a matter of fact, I have preformed battle with that roll-over ad.
Very frustrating!

Cool thread. Thanks for the tips.

edit on 7/30/2013 by sled735 because: DARN TYPOS! AAARRRRGGGGG!

top topics

join