It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I have a query...hope someone can help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hi, my name is Ron. I found this site by accident a few months ago and thought it was pretty intriguing. I have come back to this site and joined to see if any of you could help answer a question. My brother in law came down with a serious undetermined illness over the summer. He requires large quantities of blood transfusions and medications. His spleen has even been removed, but to no avail. His wife and her family have a history of mental illness and her 2 brothers are in prison for murdering thier step-father. We were wondering if any of you knew of any poisons that could cause his symptoms. His symptoms include loss of red blood cells, jaundice, fatigue, high white blood cell count and dark urine. The doctors are at a loss to identify the cause and we have become suspicious of his wife. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ron

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hi Rad you say he is your brother in law. So would that not make his wife your sister?
And her two brothers your two brothers as well? Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
lol Actually, he is technically my fiance's brother and although I am proud to be "related" to him, that is not the case with his wife... This idea of him being poisoned by her was brought to me by his mom and sister (my fiance) and I would like to at least explore the possibility all the while hoping we are wrong.

Ron

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ron,

If you can't get law enfocement or the doctors to look into the poison possibility,
you might try a private test for unknown substances. I found one link that is included below.
-good luck

www.thecarlsoncompany.net...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sounds like leukemia to me. And I do not know how that can be induced other than radiation.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They have ruled out leukemia twice. As for involving law enforcement, that could alienate us if she were innocent. We are working on contacting his doctors confidentially.

Ron

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sounds like Babesiosis to me: caused by a parasite found in the US. Symptoms fit almost dead on. Dark urine, mental changes, jaundice... In New England by any chance? The scientific name is Babesia microti and its transmitted through deer tick similar to Lyme's Disease. You mentioned he got it in the summer, and thats when people are most around deer ticks carrying nasties. Incubation is about 7 to 21 days. The good news is that it's treatable: with clindamycin and quinine, and often survived with people have their spleens, and a lower rate in those without, but not often fatal.

Were the transfusions before or after he started with the jaundice, dark urine, and changes to mental health? If the transfusions were BEFORE all these weird symptoms, then I change my vote to Hepatitis B unless the transfusion was in the northeast.

At any rate... good luck with that :/

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The transfusions came after the initial onset of the symptoms. I will check into babesiosis.

Thanks

Ron

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the more it does NOT sound like poison.

The blood cells and liver are involved. The body is fighting something - don't see that kind of reaction with poisons.

What kinds of "medications" does he require?

I'd really put money down on Babesiosis. Have that doc run a giemsa-stained blood smear if he can. It'll look similar to malaria with the lil rings, but it'll be missing some brown spots (hemozoin).

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have had Lymes since 98 and it does not kill it tortures slowly. Some say it is a man made biological weapon delivered in the early 1900's on the backs of minks from Russia [nkvd].Beria, bad guy.

Polar Bear
search.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So... what's the latest?

Hear anything more? I'm curious now...

new topics

top topics

join