It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV that works with iPad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm looking for a webcam or similar that I can put near a window that I can see and operate with my ipad2 if anyone has or knows of one. Possibly one that can move from side to side. I have CCTV front and back but can't check when I'm out and these cameras won't work other than the receiver it came with.
Any suggestions would be welcome...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Cyberlink YouCam5 is the software I use and it has security aspects built into it for broadcast in live stream or updating stills to any source you'd like. Personally, I went a little fancy and have a local Apache/Linux virtual server set up and running with AMPPS, then using a Dynamic DNS to route the domain name directly to my home computer. So when I type "www.mydomainathome.com, I get the "web site" (which is, to anyone loading it), actually running on the same machine I'm currently writing this on.

End result? I have feeds off my Webcams available off an internet address from anywhere I'd like. The ability to literally run and host my own www services is just a side bonus and temporary...but the arrangement for vid feeds will remain for the long term. It'll take you a good solid day of reading, toying a bit and playing with it to get it all working the first time, if you've never done it before ...but it's not complex. Just time consuming on the first go through.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I will have a look to see what I can get but will definitely look at your suggestion which seems a good one. Looks like it will work on my iPhone as well. Many thanks for the info, appreciate it...

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I currently use a Swann All in One ADS-440.

It has 30' of night vision, sound and 2-way communication abilities, as well as recording. You can also have up to 64 on the same network, and is accessible with iPods, iPads, and personal computers.

It works through my router, wired or wirelessly, and can be viewed over the net.

My wife and I have one at the moment, and we use it as a nanny-cam while we are at work.
edit on 7/21/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: added text

new topics

top topics

join