It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So...what are your earliest memories?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think it would be fun for us to reveal our earliest (and then, in chronological order) our later memories.....!!!!
you guys wanna???

One of my first memories is from when I was a preschooler....seeing a Roadrunner in the sandbox.
Another one was when my aunt (only 7 years older than I am) tried to flush a bunch of paper towels...
I said, "That's going to clog the toilet!".
And, it did!!!!

I thought maybe we could relate our memories....we all have memories...

edit on 19-7-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ok this is my earliest memory, and I only recalled it very recently. It happened nearly 60 years ago.

A few weeks ago as I was slowly waking up one morning I was in a semi dream state. I could hear a voice up above me, or more accurately it seemed like I was below the voice. The voice filled me with a wonderful feeling and I was reaching up to where the voice was.
As I woke I realised it was a memory of being in a cot and my mother standing over it talking to me.
Why I should remember that after all these years I have no idea.

Other than that I think my earliest memory would be sneaking down stairs early on christmas morning, I was probably about 4.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Cool! Thanks for your post!!!!!

(I am turning 55 in November.....so, not very far behind ya).

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Not sure how old I was, but my earliest memory is a female cousin looking through our kitchen window at me. My Mother was giving me a bath in the kitchen sink.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
i can remember being in a pram and have told my mother things which shocked her as i was that young she did not think it possible i could remember them .

don't ask me what i was doing last week though as i would not remember

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

i can remember being in a pram and have told my mother things which shocked her as i was that young she did not think it possible i could remember them .

What kind of things?????

What did you remember?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Not sure how old I was, but my earliest memory is a female cousin looking through our kitchen window at me. My Mother was giving me a bath in the kitchen sink.

How humiliating!!!
I remember when I was like 10 or 11, I was taking a bath (there were 5 of us living in the house, with ONE bathroom), and the 'plumbing' was accessible from a small, floor-level door to the plumbing. I saw my brothers WATCHING ME bathing through the little holes for the pipes.

!!!!
I don't have any sisters.....just two younger bros.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The colours black and white.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

My earliest memory is of being on my cousin's bed with my mother moving me into different poses while my cousin took pictures. I never knew how old I was when that happened until I was grown and my mother and I were looking at childhood pictures in an old shoe box and saw the pictures- I was a year old and wearing a cloth diaper and a smile!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It's amazing, isn't it??? To see pics of yourself.....
after I was born, they put a picture of me (as a little tyke) in the Chicago newspaper.....
Mom tells me the maternity ward people called me "smiley"......I won some sort of 'cutest baby' picture contest.
yeah, right!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Playing Zelda 2 at my grandma's house with my mom when I was maybe 2, 3-4. The earliest.
edit on 19-7-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

i can remember being in a pram in my grandmothers house when i was just over one and could tell my mother things about a house we stayed in when i was two we left there soon after but it shocked her to know i can remember the colour of the door panels etc .

it is not that uncommon to hear of children that can remember being born i used to date a woman who had a lad that had a memory of this she said

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Oh, Zelda was the game my son wanted when he was about 8 or 9!!
The weird guy I knew at the time got it for him......
the FIRST Zelda....(Occarina of Doom?) jk.....
something about an Occarina. Which, a few years later, I found to purchase.....little 'clam-shaped' pipe with holes...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Black and white? What circumstance do you recall??
In your crib? (cradle?)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Laying on a floor next to a heating vent. I just woke up and remember wondering why I was there. I couldn't have been that old because an adult picked me up right after I sat up, as if they didn't expect me to walk anywhere.

I remember tarot cards and candles on the table.......people coming and going with somber looks on their faces........hushed tones and the sounds of the wind chimes moving in the full moon night as people opened and shut the screen door.......the smell of the rain......... Just kidding. I'm in a creative mood right now.

I'll be 50 in November WT, I'm right behind ya.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I'll be 50 in November WT, I'm right behind ya.

What date? Mine is the 17th......
scary, isn't it???? Or, at least, unnerving. Or no....rather...just......REALLY?!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I remember playing "Caspar and Wendy" under the weeping willow tree in our back yard.
Do you all remember 'Caspar the Friendly Ghost, and Wendy the Witch'? (EDIT: Was it spelled "casper", or "caspar"?)

I also remember having a dream that I was marrying "Mighty Mouse" and when I woke up, I had the sheet over my head like a wedding veil!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have 4 vivid memories from early on

1. standing in my crib calliing my dog "Linda" who always stayed close to me, usually the same room, I recall shouting her name the way a toddler would pronounce it.

2. sitting in my stroller in front of the grocery store in Miami, most likely Opa Locka shouting at the Cuban Ladies to " hey you....stop that talking funny" I remember they laughed and kept right on talking funny. (who knows it could have been one of their daughters or neices I, in later years would have a crush on! beautiful people and culture)

3. most likely Hwy. US1 In Miami, I remember seeing the Military 6 bys pulling trailers with SAM missles and my mom and dad having a serious discussion in the front seat of our Falcon while I rode in the back. (No child seats back in 62-63 Cuban Missle Crisis.
I would have been about 2 1/2 y/o then

I also remember hurricane Donna and how the eye came right over our house (can't recall the date one that one) water blew through the cracks in the concrete block seams and the wind howled like crazy everthing got calm we went outside and move everything to the other side of the house. The sky look like a big black donut with the sun shining right over us. Then the winds picked up from the opposite direction.

I remember trying to leave home at 3 y/o to hunt alligators in the everglades, My dad let me get to the end of our block

I'm 53 I'll be 54 in Feb. I got memories of my life that go on and on.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I remember being a kid learning to walk and I hated shoes. I would love to take a bath in the sink and then walk barefoot outside carefully on the pine needles and stare at trucks driving on the road. I was smart enough to not go into the road. But I still walk around barefoot a lot. Which I never understood why. I guess I just don't like flip flops and sandals. That would explain Mitt Romney and John Edwards.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I have 4 vivid memories from early on

It's amazing to think back, isn't it?????
Thanks for participating!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join