It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankenstein food firm 'quits' Europe: U.S. giant surrenders in face of public suspicion over its

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thank Goodness for this!!
I am in the Highlands of Scotland , UK
And gladly welcome this news

Monsanto are a horrific company and they really ought to 'get disappeared' altogether for the good of humanity.
What are the thoughts of you folks??

Peace and love to all fellow ATS'ers.... Its been a while

More threads to follow soon

Frankenstein food firm 'quits' Europe: U.S. giant surrenders in face of public suspicion over its pesticide-resistant GM crops Only a quarter of Britons support the introduction of GM crops But the Government has thrown its weight behind their use
GM giant Monsanto is effectively pulling out of Europe after years of delays in trying to secure approval for ‘Frankenstein food’ crops. The US-based company is dropping all of its requests to launch insect and pesticide-resistant forms of corn, sugar beet and soya beans. Campaigners said Monsanto had simply realised that the vast majority of people in Europe would not eat the foods.

Click Here to Go to Article ->

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If government officials want these plants grown then let them and them alone eat it if their so sure that it's harmless. But let me grow my own non-gm foods.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Power to the people!!! good on us for saying "NO!".

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We should all remember that Prince Charles, the guy who owns all that ORGANIC land!! and keeps the elite supplied with healthy food!!! would have found his (and theirs) food supply contaminated had gm been allowed to be grown here.
He's not as daft as he makes out ya know!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As Han Solo said to Luke Skywalker: "Don't get cocky, kid."

They're lying to you. They're getting you all to drop your guard. DO NOT believe them. Look up the TTIP trade treaty that's being fast-track-negotiated as we speak.

Of primary concern is the EU, where regulators have been busy fighting off aggressive biotechnology interests that are hell-bent on forcing public acceptance of GMOs. Under TTIP, so-called “regulatory barriers” that leaked drafts have dubbed “unnecessary” would be lifted in order to take advantage of “the untapped potential of a truly transatlantic market place.” Among these alleged “barriers” are current EU restrictions on GMOs, which the European public has made very clear it does not want in its food supply.

According to Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO), a cohort of corporate lobbying groups has already made its collective voice heard on how it wants TTIP standards to be crafted, and the Obama administration appears to be in full agreement with the agenda. Put simply, the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries, in conjunction with the biotechnology industry, have made it clear that their ultimate goal is to “harmonize” EU policies with those of the U.S. in order to promote a system of agricultural trade with few rules and regulations.

“EU-US trade negotiations will offer many US firms a second chance to get their interests implemented effectively in Europe,” writes professional lobbyist Andreas Geiger for TheHill.com. “US seed companies that for a decade have been struggling to break the deadlock over the authorization for the cultivation of their [GM] seeds now will be presented with the ultimate opportunity to change the entire process to suit their needs.”

Source

The author offers several additional links at the bottom of the story. Read them and heed them well. DO NOT put your blinders back on. It's the oldest trick in the book: They are lying to your face and working behind your back....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Is this really about food or economies? I am totally for the evil monsanto empire leaving the EU. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. I don't want GM food & I want to have a choice. I also want to know the origin of my food [labeling] (make it traceable).
I think that the EU has many small farm holdings compared to the US giants. If these small farm holdings chose not to grow GM & their crops became contaminated with GMs they would be liable to pay monsanto. This would cause much upset especially to already weak economies & disgruntled people.
I don't have anything good to say about cameron for doing this so I wont.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
dont believe the hype bud all the major supermarkets have for years fed their animals on gm corn .

they fly chickens in from asia ? ps where in the highlands are you

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by supamoto
Is this really about food or economies?

[...]

This is about both. It's about control, just like they're doing to us here in the US. We can't get rid of the toxic bastards. Obama's willing to go to war for Monstanto. I'm not going to dig them up, but there are plenty of threads on ATS concerning the Wikileaks diplomatic cables recommending that the US declare "economic war" on European countries to force GMO down their throats.

You have to understand that the US fiat dollar is being severely threatened by the 180-nation BRICS alliance. The US is trying to replace the "petro dollar" with the GMO "food dollar." They are determined--and I mean determined to the point of clinical insanity--to force GMO on the world. They are NOT going to just give up and go away.

I pointed all this out in another thread recently. Let me see if I can find it....

Yes. Here's the thread

Looks like Putin is serious about ridding the world of Monsanto & Syngenta! AWESOME!

... and here's my post:

reply to post by Imightknow

It all starts to make sense when you consider the following.

One of the things that Secretary Fitts suggested during the course of this stimulating conversation was that there had been a concerted effort to reorient the basis of the US dollar as the world reserve currency from petroleum, to food, and patentable GMO seeds were to have been the basis of this shift from one form of dollar to another. However, as the above article indicates, the growing worldwide opposition to this new – and very toxic – form of food imperialism has backfired, and it will only continue to do so.

The move itself was – from the point of view of the Western financial oligarchs and DARPAcrats – a reasonable one, for both forms of “backing” for a dollar reserve currency status were based on finite, and controllable, resources. But the GMO food basis was a reasonable choice because it was (1) renewable (2) ultimately more valuable than petroleum, and (3) was something America actually made. It could be exported.

Make of it what you will--but it would explain a hell of a lot about why the Gov't is so insanely protective of Monsanto/Syngenta/duPont/etc.etc....

ETA: Forgot to source.
Russi a: Mon(ster)santo Must be Stopped (pt. 3)...

Keep your eye on the dirty SOBs. They do not give up, no matter what they're saying....

edit on 7/19/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Keep your eye on the dirty SOBs. They do not give up, no matter what they're saying....

I think they've given up for now, but will try again in the future when they've accumulated more power and political pull in the EU. I think what they will most likely do now is redirect a lot of the resources they were wasting on the EU towards nations where they already have a lot of control over the government, and make those places even more dependent on GMO's. They were trying to expand their tentacles too rapidly and now they probably realize that they need a stronger foundation from which to extend those tentacles.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

If the European voice is so strong at kicking out Monsanto GM foods...what is stopping US and Canadian people from doing the same?

*weak, careless, and polluted minds*

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't follow the Monsanto debate as closely as I should and I'm tired, but I seriously thought for a second that the Europe side of Monsanto was actually called "Frankenstein food firm." I thought that would be hilarious.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Good posts and thanks for sharing the info.

I tend to agree with your assessment, the 'elites' are not known for just giving up so easily.
But they are known for intrigue and deception.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

This is about it. I believe its all a diversion. They make it appear you've won in a way, but it all goes on as usual. And you think its not so, its ended. But it hasn't. This is always how they operate.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

If the European voice is so strong at kicking out Monsanto GM foods...what is stopping US and Canadian people from doing the same?

What is stopping the US?
Umm a full endorsement from the president
and " Money.. Money...Money..M O N E YYY"

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
If government officials want these plants grown then let them and them alone eat it if their so sure that it's harmless. But let me grow my own non-gm foods.

Oh my goodness no, the MP's don't want the food the grockles get to eat, they were quite specific that any food served at Parliament would not be GMO.

Monsanto know that if any crops that were grown on EU fields were to drift across to Russia, that would likely start a war.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

What is stopping the US?
Umm a full endorsement from the president
and " Money.. Money...Money..M O N E YYY"

Umm...the US president was voted in by the people....how about voting a president that promises to ban GMO foods instead?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Umm...the US president was voted in by the people....how about voting a president that promises to ban GMO foods instead?

You keep thinking that, considering the last 3 elections proved we didnt..

But ya know... He who votes decides nothing, he who counts the votes decides everything...

new topics

top topics

join