It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! What a turnaround! From Racist to well ordinary person

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have to say after a few hours of butting heads with those who seek to justify racism (or to deflect its impact) here on ATS this is an incredible and heartwarming tale. It only goes to show the effect of education on fundamentally decent human beings and how toxic thought can be purged. My thoughts are with this brave young man as he challenged HIMSELF and his decency won.

I just hope that none of his ex-colleagues start harassing him. Now all we need is the handful of cretins that are the New Black Panther Party to remove their heads from their anus and this massive rift called racism will get a bit smaller. .

Enjoy

www.splcenter.org...

edit on 19-7-2013 by Tiger5 because: Checking link

edit on 19-7-2013 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2013 by Tiger5 because: edit

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Hell of a hole to crawl out of since he's been indoctrinated into that thinking, as a child, by his father. Another proof positive that racism is learnt.

Btw... you might wanna read through your thread and do a 5th edit.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Careful accepting what the SPLC has to say, they're one of the biggest race-pimp orgs out there. The more "racist" they can deem people/groups, the more funding and salary there is to go around, same as the ADL and NAACP. If racism was to go away tomorrow, they'd still keep churning out the BS, it's their gravy train and a major political tool.

It would be nice to see a new grassroots org show up that's transparent and pro-active, rather then condemning. As for the person in the article, I don't really know who that is, but more power to them, just wish he and others would do it through other avenues so the scam artist couldn't politicize it.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Great post, really good to see something positive rather than the negativity most of us usually embroil ourselves in.

I have some skinhead friends who used to be quite right-wing leaning but who are now quite open and active SHARP Skins.
www.thesun.co.uk...

One friend got involved in some of the most extreme right-winged hate driven bollocks but he gradually did an about face and whilst being strictly apolitical he is now vehemently anti-racist and has become good friends with some of my Black and Asian mates.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well in these dark days it is nice to get some hope. It must be hard to loose the programming from parents and peers. I was not sure what the link to the Sun was meant to convey however.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
He's only 24. He hasn't even lived life yet.

I do respect his approach and the road he's headed down.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

The link to The Sun is meant to show that I'm a blithering idiot who can't provide the correct link.

The one I intended to provide;
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Tiger5

The link to The Sun is meant to show that I'm a blithering idiot who can't provide the correct link.

The one I intended to provide;
en.wikipedia.org...

Or are you a secret "Currant bun" reader lol. I see the skinhead link now. Back in the day when i was a streetfighting man the skins were a hell of a problem as you had to read the badges to see if they were friend or foe. Sadly skins were just another "music tribe" before they got into politics.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Most Skins are more or less apolitical and align with no particular political movement, party or ideology.
I've been around them most of my life, same as Punks and a bit later Casuals - like any group of people there's good 'un's and there's bad 'un's.
I'm a big fan of the music associated with Skins - Oi, Ska, Bluebeat, Trojan etc.

Unfortunately the Skin 'movement' got hijacked back in the mid-70's to mid-80's and that's the image MSM still like to project.

Had some great times with them - and one or two not so great times.

ETA

As for reading The Sun - got to say I do like Page 3, Striker and it's horse racing coverage and tips - apart from that I hate the thing with a passion.
edit on 20/7/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

top topics

join