It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take it to the Streets? Gorilla actions for UFO awareness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's been about 60 years since Kenneth Arnold reported on "saucers skipping on water" and we are still no closer to knowing the truth. Even foreign governments are admitting to the reality of UFOs.

My Question:

Is it wise to consider taking the issue to the streets? Literally. I mean, what about posters, stickers, signs, street art, letters to the editor, performance art, and even urban gorilla tactics to improve awareness of the UFO mysteries? I can imagine people putting up signs depicting UFOs or aliens with a note, like "They're real."

The question is whether or not that idea has any value, or would we (once again)
just be making fools of ourselves?
Sincere question. I welcome your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Grassroots movements are notoriously hard to organize and maintain. Without financial backing the activities become very small and un-even across the various places doing it.

As different groups start doing different things, schisms within the groups start to form and eventually the original intent, or meaning of the entire thing is change.

Ask the Teat Party.

Another problem is that like it or not, there is no real evidence of UFO's that are actually alien in nature. The media, Hollywood and the government have done a great job of making these subjects "popular culture", which in a lot of ways means not true or fictitious.

Also, attempting something like this in today's climate, both political or economic means that you expect people to care more about Aliens & UFO's than they do about the state of foreign affairs, domestic policy and the economy.

Even the people who believe these things, will put human issues above alien ones, 9 times out of 10.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's better than disclosing on ATS, where they have these same certain users who surround someone and take them down, here. They demand (documentation), then when the claimant puts it, they mindtwist and accuse the discloser of manipulation motives, with like, "It's as if....your trying to make us see blablabla. Toxic, toxic, toxic, I think anonymity should no longer be allowed in this site, STARTING with these oppressors.
(Or more accurately,....bullies.)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by UncleVinnys

I think any time someone tries to convince everyone else that what he believes is right without the ability to provide even a tiny shred of evidence that would stand up to scientific scrutiny - regardless of what the truth is - is making a fool of him/herself.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What's an "urban gorilla?" Is it a cousin of the mountain gorilla?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I can imagine people putting up signs depicting UFOs or aliens with a note, like "They're real."

The problem is we don't know that Alien UFOs are real , Aliens are undoubtedly real but the evidence for them ever visiting this planet is flimsy at best .

I mean, what about posters, stickers, signs, street art, letters to the editor, performance art, and even urban gorilla tactics to improve awareness of the UFO mysteries?

It would probably raise a slight smile but people would just go on with their lives and the problems they face living their lives , my experience is people believe in other life in the Universe but it doesn't rate highly on their list of things to care about .

If Steven Greers Disclosure Project conference didn't make a difference [and it didn't) with all those witnesses with their apparently credible stories I don't see what else will .
I think we just have to face the fact that nothing other than ET showing up in our skies will save this subject from its terminal demise .

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
What's an "urban gorilla?" Is it a cousin of the mountain gorilla?

Same species, I believe.
The urban ones just live in the city.

I have seen no credible evidence that UFO's are extraterrestrial in nature.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Perhaps it's some kind of Bigfoot.Either way, don't mess with the Urban Gorilla, man.

edit on 18-7-2013 by GrandCourtJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
GREAT responses so far . . . Thanks.

BTW, the Urban Gorilla (in this case) refers to the tactics of street artists, not violence or warfare.
It refers to something like painting a UFO over a No Parking sign, or confronting an official who
claims a sighting is due to "swamp gas." Heh, heh, NO calls for anything illegal, please.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The alternative ways of informing people are always welcomed.
But even then the mainstream media will do it's best to present the alternative informers as "nutjobs" and the majority of people have a tendency to believe the mainstream media, so you would have to be prepared to take that risk.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For some reason that I can't completely understand, the population is largely unaware of the alien/UFO reality. They have been programmed to dismiss as science fiction, and as a group, the programming has been immensely successful.

Many of those who are believers, are generally apathetic towards the subject. It doesn't affect their material world, so they choose to ignore.

This subject is missing passion, and needs a spokesman and a leader. Someone who will be taken seriously and tear down walls that prevent some from seeing this reality.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think the the OP means guerrilla?
As in Guerrilla Art, Guerrilla Action, Guerrilla Warfare, etc.

Then again, they could very well mean Gorilla. With webspeak being so common, who knows?

As to doing anything, talk is cheap.
Go out and DO.

It won't matter one bit. Still, you'll feel like you're doing something, even if it doesn't matter. If you feel like you're doing something, and it makes you happy, then, have at it.

Meanwhile, the only things that anyone really actually cares about is what's going on on the screen of their iPhone. UFOs and aliens are such an ingrained part of the collective consciousness and media archetypes that they're just Bugs Bunny cartoons.
No one that is anyone really actually cares much.
Sure, there's some fringe interest, but, until Aliens actually show up, land, sit down for some coffee, tea, sammiches and polite discussion, they're cartoons and the stuff of Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

This subject is missing passion, and needs a spokesman and a leader. Someone who will be taken seriously and tear down walls that prevent some from seeing this reality.
edit on 18-7-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

AGREED!
Who are the nominees?
Edgar Mitchell (former astronaut) is a good candidate, but maybe too old,
( www.bloomberg.com... )

or maybe Leslie Kean, author of "UFOs" featuring former military men.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I think the the OP means guerrilla?
As in Guerrilla Art, Guerrilla Action, Guerrilla Warfare, etc.

YES, I DID mean that - the artistic version.

Pardon my lack of literacy.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Awww. So excited when I saw the title of the thread.
Now disappointed.
No monkeys

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by metamagic
Awww. So excited when I saw the title of the thread.
Now disappointed.
No monkeys

Yeah. I know!! I was sooo much more interested when it had to do with large great apes roaming our cities, painting on sidewalks, stealing bananas, dining and dashing, skipping out on cab fares, getting "stopped and frisked" disproportionately to orangutans, chimps and Benobos....

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Big SIGH! Back to the drawing board.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I can see what you are saying, or should that be hear what you are saying, anyway! I don't think such a movement would force any issues as far as the governments are concerend Like yourself there are many sincere people involved in this topic, but there are also a lot of numb sculls too, and I think they would get more fun out of such a stance than the people who are sincere in their thinking and probing of this subject. Also the truth for what of it there is, is there for all to become aware of for themselves, quite a few people are lazy and don't bother to educate themselves about anything in particular, so it's up to them to make themselves aware. but it's a nice thought and thanks for sharing

join