It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NDAA is back on the radar. Betcha didn't hear about this while Zimmerman's trial ruled the media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Didn't I say the whole Zimmerman thing was another distract & divide tactic?

God knows what else is passing the house while this ignorant race war continues to grow.

It's the blind leading the drunk.

You can always believe that whatever main story is occupying the media and the public is an absolute smokescreen to get what they need done. How many times will these stories appear on here. It happens every time.

People keep saying people are waking up and starting to see the truth, well I call B.S. All I see is the same ole crap just different puppets and muses. Egypt overthrows a president, Brazil riots and protests over bus fare, Americans do nothing but get taxed at almost 40% while their freedoms are stripped right in front of them but hey we sure do look good and have nice cars and crap like that. Ignorance is bliss!

edit on 17-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Well, I do believe Obama was overheard saying "Never let a good crisis go to waste".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

see what i mean?

did i not say in my thread about the zimmerman fad that the worst crimes committed against us are done when we're distracted?

now...queue 16 pages of "how/why they will/should use 1021 powers on zimmerman"...many stars and flags to you sir...
edit on 18-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Man, I'm so glad you brought this up. I fully agree, this whole race case is nothing but a distraction. I love how the Zimmerman case magically reappeared back on the radar right around the time that the Snowden revelations surfaced. I remember turning on the news to see what the general consensus was on our friend Snowden. Not to my surprise,EVERY channel was fixated on the Zimmerman case. My exacts words to my girlfriend was, "what a great distraction from the NSA leaks." It was so blatantly obvious to me. So this news regarding the NDAA doesn't surprise me one bit.
The NDAA is some scary stuff. Especially to free-thinkers. What's scarier to me is most folks don't have a clue to what the NDAA is. Interesting side note, I posted a few comments( separate topics) on Yahoo a few days ago and one of them I referenced the NDAA. Again, not to my surprise, that particular post was taking off of Yahoo. Scary times indeed

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

which is ironic, given that the trial is over...

dude, seriously, you should do that....make a video of you asking people at the march what they know about the NDAA.....if they're intelligent enough to let you get close, without beating you to death, you may be able to make your point....

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And People still think that America is a free country, we are not free, our Democracy only works for the elite and our constitutional and civil rights are define this days under the patriot act provisions.

What rights we have lost this days? everything under the Patriot act.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

My point there was if it is getting reported here in Australia, then I can't see any excuse for people not knowing about it.

So perhaps, like I said, they just don't care.

There's a Martin march coming up in my area, and I guarantee you, if I were to turn on my camera phone, follow the march, and ask each of them what the NDAA is, none of them could tell me.

Perhaps this the platform you've been looking for to get the word out.

These people care enough to march for something at least.

More than what most do.

ok, so it was reported in australia.....sad bit is that more people in bloody AUSTRALIA probably know more about the NDAA, than the people of it's native land...

that was his point....virtually nobody in AMERICA knows what it is, what it does, and don't much care to know, either......

the simple, sad, infuriating fact of the matter is that people ALL OVER these united states get all worked up, and commit violence, and hold marches and protests over something as idiotic as a jury verdict they didn't like, but won't show that same fire, and passion, and conviction when the federal government oversteps it's constitutional authority, and attacks it's own people.....can't have marches over no-brainers...that'd make too much sense...
edit on 18-7-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Well, I do believe Obama was overheard saying "Never let a good crisis go to waste".

no, that was his former chief of staff, and current scumbag mayor of chicago, Rahm Emanuel

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If I did not come on here, I wouldn't know what the NDAA was. The MSM in America doesn't like to report on things of this sort, I find RT is a good news source to watch.....On a side note, RT was off air yesterday from like 6 am to 8 pm for scheduled programming???? I raised an eyebrow, then realized it was over night there. but why not on a Sunday?

Back on topic, The Zimmerman thing is being blown way out of proportion. Just imagine if it were a white guy that did it.

The NDAA is a very scary thing. There was a thread on here not to long ago, that the SkepticOverlord was all over. "our country, founded by geniuses, ran by idiots." Kinda a Jeff Foxworthy spin on a few things. might want to check it out.

As for Facebook, I haven't been on there for at least 3 years. I can not see the point of a couple in the same house having a conversation on the computer. Or "Hey, guess what I did today!!!!"
You know how it says in the box "Whats on your mind?"
My last post was "How could you know what is on your mind if you have lost it?"

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NONPOINT21

Didn't I say the whole Zimmerman thing was another distract & divide tactic?

God knows what else is passing the house while this ignorant race war continues to grow.

It's the blind leading the drunk.

You can always believe that whatever main story is occupying the media and the public is an absolute smokescreen to get what they need done. How many times will these stories appear on here. It happens every time.

People keep saying people are waking up and starting to see the truth, well I call B.S. All I see is the same ole crap just different puppets and muses. Egypt overthrows a president, Brazil riots and protests over bus fare, Americans do nothing but get taxed at almost 40% while their freedoms are stripped right in front of them but hey we sure do look good and have nice cars and crap like that. Ignorance is bliss!

edit on 17-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

They do the same thing here, Monday, (or is it friday)
is usually bury bad news day with something else. Although Zimmerman was always going to be a high profile case. In fact on 9/11 a high profile staffer for the Labour party in power at the time sent an e-mail suggesting because of 9/11 "this would be a good day to bury bad news" although she did get her marching orders eventually, but likely only because vested press media got wind of it. But the implications are there, there are some controls over a broadcasting media, if they can get away with it.
edit on 18-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Anyone ever catch the irony in facebook?

Facial recognition technology? Putting everyone's faces in an information storing data-book?

No....?

Well, no more messaging or texting important stuff for me.

Unfortunately now your face has been named on facebook, you will forever be captured on facebook, updating the face record as you get older, via other people photos that may have you in them.

"There is no escape, so if you would, please go back to work and pay your taxes.

Enough of all these questions, please, citizen, we will take everything from here, oh and dont forget to vote, not like it matters anyway sucker LOL, we own you forever" signed - The government. (xxx)

edit on 18-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Facial recognition technology doesn't work that way.

Your face changes a little as you age, and the only picture of myself I've ever put online was taken four years ago, when I was sixteen. In about five years, my present face wouldn't match the face they see on facebook... and that's given that they have some reason to look for me particularly, which, as of now, they don't.

I'm not too worried.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What do you expect from an administration that writes illegal executive orders not sanctioned under the constitution, like some con artist that writes bad checks.

source : fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com...

I trust this government, about as far as I can spit.

F.T.G.

edit on 19-7-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"NDAA is back on the radar. Betcha didn't hear about this while Zimmerman's trial ruled the media..."

The Zimmerman trial did not rule the media, rather, the media ruled the trial, the mood, the implications and continuously attempted to 'feed the fire'. And now that the trial is over, it continues. "The Media" seems hell-bent on not letting this die, as it should, until we have full fledged riots and rampant hatred flowing in the streets of America.

"The Media" has taken it upon itself to determine from what and where our collective outrage should manifest and be applied. Myself, I much prefer to pick my own source of outrage. Heaven knows, there's no shortage.

Without the media interjecting this incident as 'earth-shattering' news and running with it, most people would not have known about it or cared about it....... This kind of stuff happens every day. Why should any one event be held up to national, international, scrutiny, and not the others? Who determines this, for us?
edit on 7/19/2013 by be4ne1 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

no, that was his former chief of staff, and current scumbag mayor of chicago, Rahm Emanuel

Well, seems like Obama listened, because true to that statement, he hasn't let a good crisis go to waste yet.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
And Obama has the nerve to speak to the country with the notion that, "Trayvon Martin could have been me thirty-five years ago..."

Thanks for riling the Martin activists more, idiot.

Way to keep everyone distracted from the NDAA and other laws he breaks.

Stop with the Stockholm syndrome, folks. There are bigger issues than Zimmerman's trial...

I know its hard to believe, but Trayvon Martin is not the first innocent person to ever be killed (if he actually WAS innocent, not that I care).

Like the thousands Obama kills every day...

edit on 19-7-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And People still think that America is a free country, we are not free, our Democracy only works for the elite and our constitutional and civil rights are define this days under the patriot act provisions.

What rights we have lost this days? everything under the Patriot act.

Quite right, and what it demonstrates is that the 'domestic enemies' of the US Constitution are far more virulent than the 'foreign enemies'. Indeed, it seems the ONLY danger to the document comes from our elected and appointed representatives.

We have met the enemy, and he is us.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Some will say they will only use this for our benefit, for the safety of the community, to root out terrorists. To those people I would say that they consider ALL of us terrorists, you and I and our neighbors when we do anything to express dissent at the ever growing authoritarian control of the federal government.

De Facto marshal law and door to door searches have been implemented and enforced, suspending Constitutional rights.

The NSA, Homeland Security and other clandestine agencies are able to pull, sift through and store your personal communications at will with unjust power granted to them by the Patriot Act in direct violation of your Constitutional rights.

You are surveilled by unmanned aerial drones flying domestically over American skies, across the entire country. You are tracked, recorded and tagged by millions of cameras all over the nation, in every major city on HD and on ever traffic light.

The military has stated openly that they do not need presidential authorization to quell domestic disturbances violating long standing American policy and law.

The IRS and other government agencies can and are being used to intimidate political dissidents and those that reject the status quo of current agenda.

Our entire police force has been militarized to the point that it is hard to tell the difference between tactical officers and seasoned war veterans (Probably because they are the same people) and there has been a dramatic shift in attitude and policy regarding citizens in most major cities.

CISPA, NDAA, it just keeps on coming and still there are those who think they haven't lost any rights here in this mans America and everything is just fine............................. They will keep going and going, soon they may kick down your door, shoot your dog and man handle your wife for making a negative post and execute you for violating another fictitious interpretation of the interstate commerce clause.

They could get away with it too because you don't really have to be guilty of anything anymore, you just have to arrested and defamed as some form of terrorist and people demand you are thrown to the lions without another thought, like witch burnings only in modern day.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The Global War On Terror is a fraud of epic proportions. We are so screwed!

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

":Americans can once again “legally” be snatched off the street and detained without trial",,,whatever happened too Zimmermans buddy,the one who "was" dragged away?. in the Bar,,or whatever it was?,,i think it was bought up at trial.?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluginkid

I love how the Zimmerman case magically reappeared back on the radar right around the time that the Snowden revelations surfaced. I remember turning on the news to see what the general consensus was on our friend Snowden. Not to my surprise,EVERY channel was fixated on the Zimmerman case.

pretty much, the msm coverage is borderline offensive in terms of blatant distraction and covering something that is hardly covered in other similar scenarios.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join