It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is a freakin thankless job being a parent...!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ah, when they were little they were so cute. They loved their mommie to death. They painted and colored her pictures, gave her hugs and kisses, worshipped the ground she walked on...so on and so forth.

Now, they are monsters. They don't appreciate anything. You are the total reason for all of their frustrations. When the crap hits the oscillator you are the one that caused it.

I still love them, but I want to kill them

My youngest is switching schools right now. I have done all the work to get his transcripts transferred over ect, ect... He plays baseball. He thinks he is this big adult yet he directs mom to do all the grunt work. Then he gets mad at me if I don't do something perfect.

Wanna have a laugh. He called me yesterday and asked me to make him an appointment at the DMV for the next day during his lunch hour.
He is a dork!!!!

He is a good kid, he is working 40 hours a week this Summer. But I just want to kill him

edit on 17-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
murdering your children is the dream of every parent...

but then who would we yell at?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Ha ha ha. Yeah, aint it the truth. I could still do it you know. I could get into one of those group therapy deals where they pillow fight and scream into pillows and feel so great when they leave their sessions

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Granted... OHHH... how the sympathy i have for you is so unbelievable...!

A couple of days ago there was a post here about a parent who wanted to "Punt"... i love this American expression : Ohhhh how i wanted to "punt" my kid... as i think every parent secretly wishes (but would never do so..."normally")

When they are at a certain age and stage in their and especially OUR lives of course they can be DORKS as sometimes we can be too... for not understanding them !...

BUT... then again, nothing that a good detailed explanation (for/against whatever issue crops up) would not resolve an issue... otherwise a good scut (not a baseball bat with a rusty nail added) off the back of the head (depending on age of course!) followed by an explanation as to why you scutted him/her off the back of the head can sometimes sort an issue out when our kids have pushed it too far... (in my opinion!?)

I have only raised my hand once to my 2 kids (one is now 22 the other 14)... the ONLY time i raised my hand was when one of my kids was 5 and was going through the phase of NO... i warned and warned and warned and explained that if he continued to say no that he would get a spank on the bum if he continued...

After 2 weeks continually saying NO, he said it for the last time... he got his arse smacked for every single step leading up to his bedroom (24 steps but he was wearing a nappy)... And for all you anti bum smacking people out there... get real!!!

Just don't let her/him get the better of you... you are the person who is educating your child (i guess that she/he is an only child?)... If that's the case... beware of the Child /King/Queen as they say over here in France.... Or spoilt child if you wish?...

He might be a dork right now, but you will notice after a couple of years or two... or 3 or maybe 15...
that he/she will one day turn around to you and say...

"Mum, thanks for calling me a Dork..." I love you...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Extremely crap spelling

edit on 17-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Even crapper spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I'm sure the animal kingdom an the realm of insects laugh at us that they have more of that right then you.
I'm so glad I don't have any children, well none that anyone knows about.... Shhhh..

Well said.
S's&F's. great thread!
edit on 17-7-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ha ha. Yes they are challenging to say the least.

The only time I ever have raised a hand to the youngest was one time I was with him while he was riding his bike and he rode it out into the street. I was yelling at him to not be there, right. He never even looked at me. So we got home and I swatted him on his butt. OMG he got so upset. Then I found out a couple of weeks later, he couldn't hear. He was just 5 years old. We had to have an ear surgery for him where they put in these tubes.

I felt like the worst mother ever.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll be inundated by trolls wagging their finger at you for saying you want to kill your kids on the internet (despite how obvious it is to anyone with half a brain that you did not mean it literally). I practically had the full force of ATS come down on me for joking about wanting to punt my toddler when she was having a really bad day, so I can only imagine the cries of self righteous indignation this thread will incite.

In regards to your OP, It is a thankless job indeed. I was just commenting to my lady (today in fact), that the problem with children is that they eventually turn into teenagers. I have 2 step daughters (one of which is 14) and their 2 cousins are currently staying with us for a week (one of whom is 13). Having the teen factor in the house multiplied by the addition of another teenager was a questionable decision in my opinion, and it didn't take long before my girlfriend conceded her error. 2 days down, five to go...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Oh no!!! You poor thing!! Are they all girls??

I got so lucky in that I had boys.

My sister had girls and they were just like my sister and I when we grew up.

Knock down drag out fights over a sweater.

Whew...I lucked out on that deal

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Rodinus

Ha ha. Yes they are challenging to say the least.

The only time I ever have raised a hand to the youngest was one time I was with him while he was riding his bike and he rode it out into the street. I was yelling at him to not be there, right. He never even looked at me. So we got home and I swatted him on his butt. OMG he got so upset. Then I found out a couple of weeks later, he couldn't hear. He was just 5 years old. We had to have an ear surgery for him where they put in these tubes.

I felt like the worst mother ever.

Sheesh... know what you mean my dear!!!...

I won't go into details but one of my sons has a particular handicap that has put his mum and myself in quite a few embarrasing situations and made us like like complete and utter child bashers!

At one stage i actually thought that the family doctor was going to call the police to arrest me during a routine health check up!

We all go through it... and in a way, i am glad that we do!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Yes, they are ALL girls. There is our 3 girls, and now 2 more, so a total of 5 girls in the house ranging in age from 3-14, + my girlfriend. I had to laugh at the meltdown over a sweater comment, SO TRUE

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

You have my utmost of sympathy

You poor man. I would suggest luggage or tranquilizers. Ha ha

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

What you do is this.... you sit them down and be very frank with them. You say, listen, I love you to death and I always will. I'll always be here to help and support you in whatever way I can. But I need you to understand something. You're getting closer to that age when you'll be an adult. When you become an adult what happens is you go out on your own and go and create your own life. So generally what that means is you go find a job somewhere and then you go and rent a small apartment to start and you find a job to support yourself. And you're not alone, most every person on the planet your age goes threw the same thing. And I'll help you to get set up. But you need to start preparing for this now, so that when you turn 18 you'll be ready to take on adulthood. Because when you turn 18 you can no live here anymore, and by that time you'll want your freedom and independence in life. Just think when you get your own place you can start to do your own thing, and you can always come visit me anytime, and I'll come visit you as well. But I'm doing this for your own good, because I love you and I want to see you succeed in life and build a life for yourself. So I want you to start saving up as much as you can right now, so that when you turn 18 you can afford to move out on your own.....etc etc...

Like explain t them that they might have to just rent a room somewhere to start and then build from there.

This will do 2 things.... 1) worst case scenario it will instill the fear of God back into them and they'll start to behave realizing that you could kick them out at anytime if they're not behaving. or ... 2) they actually do get encouraged enough to spread there wings and try to fly in life, and you can watch them at last take off!

The mother bird will push the young birds out of the nest physically if they don't try and fly on there own. So should you, if you love them. Caudling them in not loving them. It's stiffling there growth and enabling them to failure.

Just my option but from what you described you need to start telling them what's coming.... adulthood, where they move out, get jobs, and start there own lives. Anyway you might be facing this soon enough, so you might have to start prepping them for this in one way or another.
edit on 17-7-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

What you do is this.... you sit them down and be very frank with them. You say, listen, I love you to death and I always will. I'll always be here to help and support you in whatever way I can. But I need you to understand something. You're getting closer to that age when you'll be an adult. When you become an adult what happens is you go out on your own and go and create your own life. So generally what that means is you go find a job somewhere and then you go and rent a small apartment to start and you find a job to support yourself.
reply to post by spartacus699

I suggest you start this conversation on their second birthday. These moochers need to get with it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Otherwise... may i suggest a good old fashioned "KRAY" style punch on the chin?

Just Google the "Kray twins"

Hugs

Rodinus
edit on 17-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Nasty but respectable buggers they were!?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ha ha. You are funny Rodinus.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

If you think they're frustrating now just wait until they start popping out grandkids! You will look back in nostalgia on these days I assure you! I have mentally "strangled" my eldest to death dozens of times at least over her choices in mates and the raising of the grandkid- how my parents made it through these years without needing a straight jacket is a mystery!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I have one of those. He's 15. Except he does it to both me and the wife. Well, more her. I tend to laugh and tell him to shut up.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I want to punt my son too. He isn't a toddler, he is bigger than me. So i am not likely to get much range out of the effort. May not get him off the ground. BUt I won't know till i try.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

As you say, he is a good kid. He'll thank you and probably apoligize for all the grief he put you through when he gets more mature.

Probably even more so once he has kids of his own.

What is that parental curse?

May you have children just like you.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Do not... i repeat... DO NOT ask Littled16 to babysit under any circumstances...

She has wooden rolling pins

Better to use a wet telephone book wrapped up in a pillow case as they don't leave bruises

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join