It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candlelight vigil held in wake of Zimmerman verdict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Candlelight vigil held in wake of Zimmerman verdict

www.wbir.com

(WBIR - Downtown Knoxville) Around the country people held rallies on Sunday in response to a weekend not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial.

Most of the organized response has remained peaceful including a candlelight vigil here in East Tennessee for Trayvon Martin.

More than 50 people attended the vigil in Krutch Park in Downtown Knoxville.

Some in attendance said this vigil was an attempt to stand in solidarity and worked as a peaceful outlet to express their frustrations with the verdict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
When it is all said in done their are no winners here. My heart goes out to the families invovled in this tragedy. I only wish that sometimes in life a chance can be taken not to go forward with your instincts. I realize Zimmerman had a job to do but why be a hero and jump out of the car and risk confortation.
I only wish he would of just persued Trevon by car and at least waited a few minutes for the police to get there. But my question to all of you is what would have happened to Trevon if confronted by police and he did not comply to empty his hands from his pockets? Would they have tased him or thought he had a gun and shot him.
It is always easy to back to the tapes, ect., but a policeman could have been scared of what was in his pockets also and shot him. This stuff should not happen in this day in time but it does. The whole trial baffled me but I did get tears in my eyes when I looked at Trevons dad. So sad. Everyone loses here if you ask me.

www.wbir.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I see no need for a vigil.

Too many times blacks kill other blacks, and there is no outrage, marches, protests, etc, and all of this "Rally for Trayvon" is absurd to me.

I'm black by the way, and I supported George Zimmerman based off the facts of the case.

For some reason, a black life is only precious and is worthy of national outrage ONLY if it is taken by a person of another race.

join