It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least two, possibly more wounded in Knoxville shootout

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by DaMod

Judging by the fact that you are using an act of what is almost certainly gang related violence to push a gun control agenda........

Am I? I thought I was using the pro 2nd Amendment advocacy argument throughout this thread. Odd. Is pushing for our 2nd Amendment rights as Americans now considered gun control arguments?

Well...

Just "Law abiding gun owners" exercising their constitutional rights to bear arms.

Guns are good, guns are safe, everyone should have several guns on them at all times. An armed society is a polite society.

That sounds more like sarcasm than advocacy... I could quote further... but I think that one pretty well sums up the rest of your posts.

-------

I do think it is laughable that you think that any sort of "gun control" legislation will do anything to prevent gang members or just generally violent criminals from obtaining firearms. It would prevent me from obtaining those firearms.... of course in that case I'm sure the coyotes will feel much safer..

Felons cannot legally own firearms... They can't... That's already the rule... any argument you make with that.. is idiotic...

Idiot point still stands.
edit on 16-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Really?

Cause it would seem that you are advocating gun control for a specific group of people based solely on the location in which they live. Even though if you had read my other posts the NRA actively tries to restore gun rights for convicted felons.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

Really?

Cause it would seem that you are advocating gun control for a specific group of people based solely on the location in which they live. Even though if you had read my other posts the NRA actively tries to restore gun rights for convicted felons.

When did I ever say that I am a member or a supporter of the NRA?

Oh yeah I didn't...

Gun owner / Advocate does not equate to NRA member or supporter.

Do I really need to say the next part....

-----------

Edit: Oh yes the NRA may attempt it.. but that's all it will ever be... an attempt.
edit on 16-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

The NRA IS the national gun lobby. Being an firearms supporter is the same as being an NRA supporter.

If you want gun regulations changed in favor of deregulation, It's the NRA that you go through.

Oh yes the NRA may attempt it.. but that's all it will ever be... an attempt.

If you follow the link I provided you will see they do more than just attempt, they do get violent felons their gun rights restored. Including 4 people who were convicted of homicide.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by DaMod

The NRA IS the national gun lobby. Being an firearms supporter is the same as being an NRA supporter.

If you want gun regulations changed in favor of deregulation, It's the NRA that you go through.

Oh yes the NRA may attempt it.. but that's all it will ever be... an attempt.

If you follow the link I provided you will see they do more than just attempt, they do get violent felons their gun rights restored. Including 4 people who were convicted of homicide.

Friend,
you have a bad case of group-itis.

Just because someone has made a "National Lobby"
doesn't mean that the Real America, or Real Americans
are going to check their life experience, and legal knowledge
at the door. You are beating people in this thread over the head
with a sock puppet, and demanding that they defend said sock puppet.

Shooting is an Olympic sport.
You are trying to cower us
with an Olympic sport.

Get a grip.

Mike

edit on 16-7-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Listen, I understand the importance of gun rights.

I really don't want to take anyone's legal guns away.

Hunting is a very legitimate use for firearms. The reason it is, is because it keeps a balance of nature intact, as we humans hunted the natural predators of game animals to near extinction. Without that balance of nature in place, prey animals overpopulate, spread diseases amongst the whole heard, and more starve than is really necessary,

However, far too many gun rights advocates mistake the real reason that the 2nd Amendment exists in the first place. It's a national defense tool.

Many gun rights advocates think mistakenly that the 2nd amendment only consists of 13 words. And those 13 words are the only ones they repeat with a fervor. They forget that the true purpose of the 2nd Amendment is national defense, defense not only against outside invaders, but from inside insurrections, which many of these same gun rights advocates are trying to bring about.

They mistakenly feel that the Declaration of Independence along with the 2nd Amendment is their licence to kill Constitutionally elected officials in a coup to overthrow the government and install a government of THEIR choosing without the general will of the people.

You want a gun to go out hunting, or sport shooting, or self defense. Fine by me, go at it. I don't want to get in your way.

Want a gun to take out the government elected of the people, by the people, and for the people? I got a major problem with that. And it's those people that are why gun control measures are desperately needed in this country. People who would take away the rights of the people to elect a government of their choosing and instal a fascist regime where only they with the guns make the decisions on who is in power aren't people who have freedom in mind.

This thread also shows a racist disconnect that people don't realize. I hate to throw the race card, I really do, but, in this case it's true.

The people involved on both sides of the OP gunfight were armed with the intention of protecting themselves from the other side of whatever issue started the shootout. People in this thread automatically assumed that the people involved because of their race were felons and didn't have the constitutionally protected right to bear arms in self defense.

Nowhere in the OP article did it indicate that anyone involved had a felony. One person according to the report was in a wheelchair.

But people hear housing project, and automatically placed not only blame, but automatically assumed that the people involved were ALL felons.

Which is the textbook definition of the word Prejudice. They pre judged the situation. They determined the race of the people based solely on the location of the event. (black) then pre judged that all involved must have been felons solely due to their race.

Nowhere in the article was the race of the people mentioned, but people assumed because of where the event took place, that all involved were black and they also assumed because of where the event took place that all involved were pre existing felons.

White people aren't the only ones that have a constitutional right to defend themselves.

And people are mad at me for this. They claim that these people are my "pets" because they can't grasp that a person of african decent can be their own person, they can't conceive that African Americans can't be anything other than violent street thugs.

Gun rights have to be gun rights for all, or they aren't rights, they are privileges, and privileges can be taken away.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

That's like saying all Democrats belong to the workers unions.. or all republicans are Tea party...

It's like saying all libertarians are elderly OBGYNs......

Seriously man...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we've cleared that up.... Can we get back to talking about a gang shooting in the projects yo?

You know before we completely derail this thread.. oh wait..
edit on 17-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join