It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Dies After A Cow Falls Through The Roof and Crushes Him.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I came across this totally bizarre incident today and I couldn't believe what a sorry and ridiculous way it is to lose your life, such a shame....

A 45-year-old Brazilian man died after a one-tonne cow fell through the roof of his house and onto him while he was lying in his bed.

Joao Maria de Souza was in bed with his wife Leni when the animal fell through the ceiling of their home in Caratinga, southeast Brazil, narrowly missing his wife.

The cow is believed to have escaped from a nearby farm and climbed onto the roof of the couple’s house. The corrugated roof immediately gave way and the cow fell eight feet onto de Souza’s side of the bed. Reports said his wife and the cow both escaped unharmed.

Rescuers took de Souza to hospital with a fractured left leg but no other obvious injuries, reporting that he was conscious and talking normally, local media reported.

However, hours later, he died from internal bleeding while still waiting to be seen by doctors, his family said.

“Being crushed by a cow, in your bed, is the last way you expect to leave this earth,” de Souza’s brother-in-law Carlos Correa told Brazil’s Hoje em Dia newspaper.

“I didn't bring my son up to be killed by a falling cow,” his grieving mother, Maria de Souza, told a Brazilian TV channel. Police have launched an enquiry into the bizarre death.

The owner of the cow could be charged with involuntary manslaughter, the report said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mr Joao Maria de Souza

Roof the cow fell through....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Awww.... You scooped me! lol... I've literally had this story on an open tab since last night, figuring I'd wait till this evening when traffic was high to pop a really bizarre story out there.

Great catch and what a deal eh? mooooove over because the big cow is coming to bed! lol....

Sorry..Death should never be a funny thing I suppose ...but of all the deaths I've read about, this one is the exception to that rule in my mind. I can't help it. Someone asked 'Where's the Beef' and like a sign from heaven, this guy found over a ton of it, delivered on bedside! (you can't beat the mother's statement at the end either... priceless)

...I'm going to hop off now before I really have too much pun with this.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

This is the second cow falling through a roof story I have read in the last few weeks, how weird!

cow falls through garage roof

In that story a cow fell through a garage roof and became wedged in the vehicle inspection pit, fire services had to free the cow, they say it is unknown how the cow got onto the roof.

so cows think they can fly these days?
or maybe the alien tractor beams just arnt what they used to be lol

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
or maybe the alien tractor beams just arnt what they used to be lol

Economic cutbacks. Things are so tight now that even otherworldly beings are on a fixed budget

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Awww.... You scooped me! lol... I've literally had this story on an open tab since last night, figuring I'd wait till this evening when traffic was high to pop a really bizarre story out there.

Great catch and what a deal eh? mooooove over because the big cow is coming to bed! lol....

Sorry..Death should never be a funny thing I suppose ...but of all the deaths I've read about, this one is the exception to that rule in my mind. I can't help it. Someone asked 'Where's the Beef' and like a sign from heaven, this guy found over a ton of it, delivered on bedside! (you can't beat the mother's statement at the end either... priceless)

...I'm going to hop off now before I really have too much pun with this.

Yeah, even though it is a great shame, the first thing that you do when you read the headline is re-read it again to make sure that what you read the first time is for real....even though this person had died in a totally bizarre incident a little laugh does try and crack between your lips............but as they say, wherever there is tragedy comes comedy.........

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have a friend I worked with who raised dairy cows. Out of jest, I would always e-mail him bizarre stories involving cows. You know this story will be forwarded to him.
I recall one story I sent him about a cow walking off a cliff and falling down on a passing car.

new topics

top topics

join