It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Video: Zimmerman verdict protest in Oakland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hi,

abclocal.go.com...

It looks peaceful so far but Oakland has a history of violence breaking out during protests.

I think the video is being shot from a helicopter. I'm a little surprised it doesn't look like too many people are protesting. Hopefully it'll be a quiet night / weekend with no riots.

Has anyone heard about or witnessed any protests turning violent?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What's there to riot? An innocent man was found innocent in the court of law.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

I agree but there were a lot of threats on social media during the trial. Not everyone shares your opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The banner reads F the police. What does that have to do with the verdict?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
They are destroying a police car right now!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

I think common sense would say they are protesting the verdict. Not sure why else they would be marching tonight. I guess it could be a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
These people look like the (I think they were calling themselves) Black Flag 'anarchist' group that rioted in Oakland before. It seems they are using this as an excuse to tear stuff up again, just like they did several months ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

That is what i said my question is what does it have to do with the verdict? Smashing cars and breaking bank windows will not bring bring back Trayvon.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Yes, I saw them in the video. To be honest I feel they would just peacefully protest and try to act tough. I believe a lot of people would capitalize on the Zimmerman controversy for themselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
meh, well so far this "protest" has no steam. There is like 20 people there, so that's good.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nice Banner BRO ! ! !

People are just looking for a reason to get a new set of shoes for FREEeeee.....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Riot police are blocking the street!!

*gets popcorn*

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
People are protesting over this?

Are we as Americans truly that daft?

NSA is exposed for spying on us. Nobody bats an eye. Crazy ass conspiracy theorists.

Verdict is reached on cherry-picked murder that happened months ago that was blown out of proportion and was based on poor reporting, race baiting, and a social media frenzy. Everyone freaks out and acts as if this is the first murder to ever happen on American soil.

Un-real. Un. Real.

Does anyone see this massive elephant sitting in the room or is just me? Anyone? Buehller?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
AWWWE SNAP

@#$! about to pop off

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

America is a very weird country. When Hostess went out of business everywhere people freaked out over fating processed food. It's both funny and said when people only care about things like junk food over trying to make the country a better place.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Oh I see the "F the police" banner now. Now, I'm not for police aggression and bullying by any stretch.. and I'm for protests even if I disagree with it.. but they (the police) had NOTHING to do with the Zimmerman case..Zimmerman got his trial, and he won his freedom. The police didn't give him that, the jury did. Should it say "F the Jury" ?.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think they dispersed and are regrouping outside the Foot Locker store....

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Saw the firecrackers and got excited..
2nd

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Lets hope the crowd doesn't get violent.

All you need is one provocateur to use as an excuse.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This riot/protest is boring

edit on 14-7-2013 by parkwoods21 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join