It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sure do miss our once friendly yellow sun of yesteryear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well as my post stated the trees are the same. I believe changes in the atmosphere have changed the sound, we have ruled out pretty much everything else unless all tires are now made of a new material.

Okay

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Hey man I'm not that old I'm only 20 but I remember the sun being yellow and definitely now white. An it might just be me but it seems a hell of a lot hotter. You know the feeling of pulling a pizza out of the oven? I swear sometimes it feels just like that if I'm outside in direct sunlight.. Sometimes..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Na it would take a lot more for trees to change in any way. If its our atmosphere changing the trees would change faster than if it was the sun growing in strength. Say the sun is getting hotter an stronger. At first the trees would enjoy it up to a certain point then they would slowly fry. Kind of the opposite of what your trying to say. Nice try though... You can't debunk fact. It's getting hotter and stronger for some reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Meant to reply to Char lee sorry

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Agree. Sun was warm, yellow. Sunny days were so cheerful looking, now they are cold looking and blinding, but the sun on my skin is sooooooo hot. It's uncomfortable almost immediately, not warm and soothing as it had been.

It can be 65 F with a breeze, and I'll need to head to the shade because my skin feels as if it's cooking after a few minutes...while in shade, it's feeling very chilly.

So it's the heat and the color. It's as if we all shifted over to another planet with a different sun

But then again, to me, the moon looks different too. And clouds.

The "goldenness" (is that how you would spell it?) is gone. The green of the trees and grass is less "yellow" looking. The sky is not the same blue.

I miss my "real" earth and sun and sky of my childhood.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Originally posted by Char-Lee

One odd thing we have noticed for a few years now there is a change in the sound of cars coming down the highway. You now hear a different sound and the cars can be heard way far off. Nothing has changed they are using the same paving the temperatures and amount of trees are the same,so the only thing I could think is the atmosphere is somehow different.

Or the tire material has changed the last few years to make them last longer, and to make the remains better for the environment.

www.genencor.com...

Yes I mentioned that possibility in the post above yours.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
add one more tickmark to the yellow sun of yesteryear, and a white sun of today and tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It could just be nostalgia speaking but I also tend to remember the sunny days of my childhood in the 70s as much less intense for sure. Growing up in Colorado the sun was always bright but it has definitely changed in intensity as of late, at least it feels like it, even on milder days.

If this is an atmosphere shift from global warming then we should all hope that there is a method to start to reverse it - this is what our scientists should be focused on with full intent.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Can't really say about the Sun being yellow seems always yellowish to me.Could be your eyes getting older or the fact that you people are looking at the Sun lmao,use your thumb at least to cover it up.

I'm whiter then white and I never needed SB as a kid,now I burn in 10 mins or less and the Sun definitely feels different,it's like a stinging feeling.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
People who say there has not been a change in the appearance, seem to not have been as dumb as some of us to look up and gaze into the sun.... well i have, and i do remember a yellowish "aura" to it, i was born in 85 and i clearly remember looking into the sun in the mid nineties in middle school. Nowadays, it has more of a strong whiteish light to it, around it and "in front" of it. There most definitely have been some changes, whether it be in the suns chemistry, or in the atmospheric changes as described by others on this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I too remember the sun being yellow and less intense. Now a days your liable to get scorched if out too long. These days the sun looks white. My theory is higher UV radiation coming from the sun and a weak magnetic field around the earth. The sun is not hotter, but perhaps more UV radiation is coming from it. This could cause the pain which people experience

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

I also remember a yellow sun in the summer as late as the early and mid 1990s. The sun definitely seemed hotter and brighter in the past than today.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I have lived above 2000 m in the north-central Colorado Rocky Mountains for 23 years. For about 20 of these years, never once could I see the headlights of cars traveling down the dirt road along my property. But starting about 4 years ago, I began seeing short flashes of car headlights between the foliage. This trend continues and I can now follow cars traveling the edge of my property when 20 years ago I could not even tell if a car was on the road at all.

Your observations could be consistent with mine, less foliage would allow more light and sound to reach an observer.

It would be reckless speculation for me to suggest a cause; nevertheless, I have noticed one wide spread change in Colorado. Fungus appears to have an ever greater role in foliage stress than I have seen at any time before.

I hope my comments help you find the answer for your situation.

est regards,
Z

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I remember the sun looking white as long I remember. I am born in 78. I do feel a difference when I go outside. When I was a kid, I was outside in the summer a lot and play in the pool. I also got pretty dark. I do not remember any burning feeling I feel now. It felt nice and it didn't feel painful. Now these days, it feels like I am being cooked alive in the direct sun and it is hard to tan, I just get burned. I am not sure what the heck is going on with the sun and I like being outside.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't ever remember the sun being yellow. I stared at it as a child. Something I rarely do now. It was always as it is now.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I will await Phage to tell you the science, hopefully he will drop by..

Pathetic....truly pathetic.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I think the blame is not with the sun, but with our atmosphere. That is why our perception of the sun has changed, imho. I will await Phage to tell you the science, hopefully he will drop by..... Some argue we have changed our atmosphere, I will just say there is a lot of evidence it has changed. To me the sun does feel more harsh. Damaged ozone?

I think we're all thinking this ... as when I'm outside, it's actually cold. But somehow, the sun feels radioactive if that makes any sense.

We're not coming into a hotter period as some people have said, but instead we're likely to be going into a colder period ... a period which is periodic, about every thousand years. The bottom of the lat period was somewhere in 16-17 hundred and it started somewhere between 950-1150.

But right now, being in the sun my skin gets sticky. How we experience the sun, is quite different than we did before ... and it's took a dive around and after 2000. And people aren't aware of it, but the beeches are drying up of tourists. Of course, they say it's the economy ...

But ladies and gentlemen, our "economy" and our social structure has always taken a dive and a rise, in periods over the thousands of years we existed. We are not the masters of our existance, as we imagine ourselves to be ... our economy is as it is, because our environment has changed ... and that changes us ...

It's good to know that there are others, who are aware of it ...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordaqua
If this is an atmosphere shift from global warming then we should all hope that there is a method to start to reverse it - this is what our scientists should be focused on with full intent.

Mini Ice Age

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I wonder if the different changes, above and below, could be related to chem-trails in any way? I certainly don't believe whatever they've been spraying is in any way healthy, for anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Our sun actually is white and has been all along. Our sun hasn't changed one bit in human history nor, as far as we can tell, since it's birth. Our atmosphere is what affects the color we see the sun as.

Being as I'm not an idiot, I never really look at the sun, just let my eyes pass over it every now and then. Sometimes it seems white, sometimes yellow. If the sun is looking different than people remember on a regular basis I would think that would tell people that the atmosphere is different from that of their childhood, not jump into woo woo notions that the sun could actually change that dramatically and leave Earth intact.

Wow.

Actually, you don't have to be an idiot to look at the sun, Isaac Newton stared at the sun for an extremely long time and almost blinded himself, just out of curiosity. He had to be left in a dark room for days for his sight to heal. I don't think we can call such a man an idiot...

Anyway, there is definitely a change, whether that be in the atmosphere or the sun. But remember the sun does change over time, and even a small change can be dramatic for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join