It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Events over Sibiu, Romania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Two hours ago i was with a group of friends outside when all of a sudden lights started flashing in the coulds. The way i can describe them is like camera flashes or lightning that went on and off multiple times a second in the exact same place.

After this went on for 5 seconds maybe more (i think they were going on before we noticed them) they stopped and thought they were falling stars that lit up the clouds.

Fifteen, maybe twenty minutes later we started noticing them again but this time there was another one, separated from that group, to the west but when this one flashed it sent something i could describe as a greenish-white laser from west to east. This event went on for 3 minutes.

I tried to capture footage with my phone but i didn't get anything on it and neither did the others who were filming, only our voices.

Forgot to mention: there were a total of 6 to 7 lights.

Has anyone seen anything like it before?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Are you near any military training areas? Did you hear any sounds, normal or unusual? Was there any sort of "ozone" smell in the air? Did the hair start to stand up on your arms? Any answers might help narrow down the possibilities.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
What you describe is consistent with inter- (or intra-) cloud lightning, probably quite high up in the atmosphere. You probably wouldn't have heard any thunder because it's so far away. Lightning like this can appear very eerie, with strange colours and strobe-like effects.
I remember an event on a summer night in the English Midlands about 20 years ago, when hundreds of people called the police, airports and the military reporting strange lights in the sky. Many people thought they were seeing UFOs, but they were actually witnessing a high-level electrical disturbance in the atmosphere about 120 miles away on the ground and five or six miles in the air.
Then again, your sighting may be nothing of the kind - it's fascinating whatever it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

your location would really help OP

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am on my phone right now .. i will reply with more details in 2 hours

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Exact location where we were: 45.772271, 24.142236 (use google maps)

There was no noise, no smell and there should have been at least sound if it was thunder because the cloud front was really low and close. The cloud front was just beyond the city limits to the east. One other thing that seems strange now is that the coulds scattered in a matter of minutes, but that could have been just the wind sending them away from the city ligts and made them less visible.

top topics

join