It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble spots azure blue planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Look at how that sun squishes the colors to boiling.

I gather we'll find more, yet something disturbs me with this photo. I've heard of cloud watching but this is eerie. If you rotate the photo so the bright side is on top, then in the lower viewer's-right corner of the planet there is the appearance of an alien grey head. It's imaginary but it's creepy.

This is one of the more inhospitable planets. It's like I've seen it somewhere before as a child when my mind was "out there" without self-consciousness as it is today. There are a few more, a brown dirt one that's too cold with some moons to the left of this one, then "down" from that one is a few more, submerged in the deep of space. You get enough gravity you can twist the visibility of valleys of space from view, one day maybe astrophysicists will own up to that. Most of the near planets, humans can't handle, that's the humble truth. That's what makes this place Earth so worthwhile to be human in. I feel so small.

But you know, in some parallel universes, like onion skins, what is inhospitable in this universe, a few redshifts/blueshifts over to another universe there are planets that haven't been vaporized by cosmic decisions. And we might all have 12 fingers or something.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by 0bserver1

That's awesome!
For a minute there I thought the pic you posted was the actual Hubble picture, had to go read up to make sure, as it is an artists impression, but still very cool.
According to your link it rains glass sideways at 7000 km an hour...

That's crazy!

S&F!

Hold the phone on my last comment in the thread. It's a NASA artist rendering?!? Dagnabbit I thought they'd get real with this one. One of these days NASA is going to get in ...hot water... for doing all these renderings. It's hard disinfo! That's a nightmare of a psyop to put upon a "scientific" audience, here's a photo of something that is a fraud, a lie. Grrr.
So the alien head is intentional, not a coincidence of photography! I guess this is the last time I take NASA graphics for anything professional. Frauds...

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This planet's transit has been observed in X-rays by Chandra space telescope. www.nasa.gov...

(artist's impression)

NASA's Chandra Sees Eclipsing Planet in X-rays for First Time

For the first time since exoplanets, or planets around stars other than the sun, were discovered almost 20 years ago, X-ray observations have detected an exoplanet passing in front of its parent star.

An advantageous alignment of a planet and its parent star in the system HD 189733, which is 63 light-years from Earth, enabled NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory and the European Space Agency’s XMM Newton Observatory to observe a dip in X-ray intensity as the planet transited the star.

"Thousands of planet candidates have been seen to transit in only optical light," said Katja Poppenhaeger of Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA) in Cambridge, Mass., who led a new study to be published in the Aug. 10 edition of The Astrophysical Journal. "Finally being able to study one in X-rays is important because it reveals new information about the properties of an exoplanet."

The study with Chandra and XMM Newton has revealed clues to the size of the planet's atmosphere. The spacecraft saw light decreasing during the transits. The decrease in X-ray light was three times greater than the corresponding decrease in optical light.

"The X-ray data suggest there are extended layers of the planet's atmosphere that are transparent to optical light but opaque to X-rays," said co-author Jurgen Schmitt of Hamburger Sternwarte in Hamburg, Germany. "However, we need more data to confirm this idea."

And here's some interesting news:

The main star in HD 189733 also has a faint red companion, detected for the first time in X-rays with Chandra. The stars likely formed at the same time, but the main star appears to be 3 billion to 3 1/2 billion years younger than its companion star because it rotates faster, displays higher levels of magnetic activity and is about 30 times brighter in X-rays than its companion.

"This star is not acting its age, and having a big planet as a companion may be the explanation," said Poppenhaeger. "It's possible this hot Jupiter is keeping the star's rotation and magnetic activity high because of tidal forces, making it behave in some ways like a much younger star."

More on planet HD 189733b - en.wikipedia.org...
I like how they concentrate on this planet to gleam all those interesting things, and it's amazing how much we have learned so far. They released the temperature map for this planet back in 2007, the first map of any kind for an exoplanet! www.spitzer.caltech.edu...

<< 1   >>

join