It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Radar Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything with the current geomagnetic storm we are experiencing? Kind of scary that is happened over Washington D.C. though!!

www.unknowncountry.com...

E_T

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Is there anywhere what those colours mean?
What data they represent?

It could be somekind of equipment or software malfunction.
(you can't cover big areas with one radar so effect of that shows only in detection area of that radar)

BTW, I'm wondering why there's so much numbers above each other on close that "blot" when on elsewhere they arent' on top of each others.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Intersting, cause that morning around 7 am on way to work on route 29 North (about 25 miles south of I-66 (see map ->maps.msn.com...(i2xs3n453hd0jaezvzukq045)/map.aspx?L=USA&C=38.56230%2c-77.80132&A=7.16667&P=|38.56230%2c-77.80132|1|US-29%2c+Remington%2c+VA+22 734|L1| ) I experienced the weirdest thing ever! I saw what I think was more that a million small birds (don't know what kind) flying over the road and diving into the fields around the road and then shooting up and repeating the process in a very disorganized way up and down up and down, and making a lot of noises. I discounted the what I saw as perhaps the birds were eating seeds from the ground. But now I doubt, any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Could it be related to EW (Electronic Warfare) activity?

Here is a picture of strange radar activity that is theorized as EW but one thing is certain....these aren't natural patterns. There was another thread about something similar to this....here.

The fact that this is over DC is what bothers me. If it is related to electronic warfare, is it eminating from DC or is it targeting DC? EW can cause things like earthquakes and severe weather, which don't necessarily show up right away. And it can disrupt electronic equipment although I would think this would be immediate.

Related link.

Also related.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting links Harmony....Thanks!! Really makes me wonder!!

ET, I cannot tell you why the numbers are on top of each other in the black part of the blob, but in the blob to the right of the black one, the reason the numbers are on top of each other is because the isobars (circular lines) are very close together, which means high winds. The numbers are the actual wind speed. The colors could be air temperature, or cloud top temperatures...Depends on what kind of map they are showing.....

join