It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials report “troubling discovery” at Fukushima: Cesium levels rocket 9,000% over 3 days in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Officials report “troubling discovery” at Fukushima nuclear plant: Cesium levels rocket 9,000% over 3 days in groundwater — Tepco “can’t explain it” (VIDEO)

enenews.com... in-it-video

Cesium levels soar in Fukushima plant groundwater
NHK World, July 9, 2013

Officials at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant say they’ve made a troubling discovery…” Cesium levels soar in Fukushima plant groundwater [...] On Monday, TEPCO recorded 9,000 becquerels of cesium 134 and 18,000 becquerels of cesium 137 per liter of water at a well between the No. 2 reactor building and the sea. Both radioactive substances were up about 90 times from the level logged 3 days ago. [...] TEPCO officials say they do not know why cesium levels have risen suddenly, or what effect the spike is having on the nearby ocean

www3.nhk.or.jp...

okyo Electric Power Co. said radioactive cesium levels in a well at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant on July 8 were 90 times higher than those measured at the same site just three days earlier. TEPCO said July 9 that cesium levels of 27,000 becquerels per liter, the highest cesium levels found since the onset of the March 2011 nuclear disaster, were detected in water samples a day earlier from a well on the seaward side of the No. 2 reactor building. [...] “We do not know why only cesium levels have risen,” a TEPCO official said. [...]

ajw.asahi.com...

Fukushima radioactive groundwater readings rocket

AFP:Toxic radioactive substances in groundwater at Japan’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant have rocketed over the past three days, its operator said, admitting it did not know where the leak was coming from. [...] “We still don’t know why the level of radiation surged, but we are continuing efforts to avert further expansion of contamination,” a TEPCO spokesman stated

www.foxnews.com...

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant now says it has detected a huge spike in radioactive cesium levels at a series of wells that recently drew attention for elevated levels of the radioactive element tritium. [...] the latest spike in radioactive cesium levels raises new questions about where that water is coming from. Cesium tends to bind with dirt, so it’s less likely it would seep distances along with groundwater.

blogs.wsj.com...

edit on 10-7-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Reply to post by MariaLida

I can not remember when i had my last seafood.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Tepco Finds Higher Radioactivity in Fukushima Plant Groundwater
Jul 10, 2013

Tokyo Electric Power Co (9501). has found levels of radioactivity in groundwater at its crippled Fukushima nuclear station at levels 244 times those considered safe for an atomic plant.

www.bloomberg.com...

TEPCO: Levels Of Radioactive Cesium Have Risen More Than 100 Times Those Recorded ON FRIDAY!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
My husband and I are both Pescetarians, and this has really had an impact on our diets. We've been monitoring where our seafood has been coming from or just going without. We've been trying to substitute with soy meats but I'm not that keen on artificial food.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Tepco says they don't know where it's coming from or why so much cesium....... but they are taking steps to avert further contamination.
If they don't know where it is coming from, it must be a pretty hard thing to try to avert further contamination.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Maybe if they face reality and accept facts of physics they will deal with fixing the problem and not whitewashing it so badly, they're murdering their own countrymen. At least the Russians had the humanity to keep people away from Chernobyl and not tell them it was safe to come back.

There is a special level of hell for TEPCO exec's who made the decisions on this. They'd contaminated half the world in minor levels and pretty well condemned a % of their own population to a slow and hard hard death. All they need to really get it going is for some of that melt-down fuel to shift just a hair....so it becomes active again.

...kinda like it JUST DID... Oh, but they're confused because they've come to believe their own B.S. that they could click their heels and make these nightmares stable by sheer will alone.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I find it strange TEPCO say they don't know where the contamination is coming from...
...being they are standing next to multiple, nuclear reactors that exploded and went into melt down, with all their fuel melting into the earth.

I rek'n I have an idea where the contamination is coming from!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just out of interest

The nuclear power plant chief who led the life-risking battle to stabilise the crippled Fukushima reactors in Japan two years ago has died of oesophageal cancer.

Masao Yoshida, 58, died on Tuesday in a Tokyo hospital, a spokesman for the nuclear plant's owner, Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) said.

Officials said his illness was not connected with radiation exposure.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Officials said his illness was not connected with radiation exposure.

How the heck could they make that statement?
It is impossible to verify what caused his cancer, making it just as impossible to rule that one thing out. A heavy smoker can get lung cancer, but you can't prove that smoking caused the cancer. There are too many other carcinogens out there that could have caused it also.
edit on 10-7-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I absolutely agree and not only that but apparently this is a "very rare" form of cancer! That was stated in the article I quoted BUT that particular little tidbit was edited out by the time I went back to it to see if there was any other relevant info that I had missed!

Masao Yoshida, may he rest in peace!
edit on 10/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Japan atomic watchdog suspects Fukushima ocean leak

National Jul. 11, 2013 - 06:54AM JST ( 38 )
Japan atomic watchdog suspects Fukushima ocean leak View of the unit 3 reactor at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, on March 15, 2011 AFP

TOKYO (AFP) —

Japan’s nuclear watchdog said Wednesday the crippled Fukushima reactors are very likely leaking highly radioactive substances into the Pacific Ocean.

Members of the Nuclear Regulation Authority voiced frustration at Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), which has failed to identify the source and the cause of spiking readings of radioactive materials in groundwater.

“It is strongly suspected that highly concentrated contaminated waste water has leaked to the ground and has spread to the sea,” the authority said in its written review of TEPCO’s recent announcements.

The giant utility that services Tokyo and its surrounding regions has said groundwater samples taken at the battered Fukushima Daiichi plant on Tuesday showed levels of possibly cancer-causing caesium-134 were more than 110 times higher than they were on Friday.

www.japantoday.com... ource=jt_newsletter_2013-07-11_AM

Japan Expert: New radioactive leaks from Fukushima Reactor No. 2 may be underway; Concern about ‘vertical streams’ — Tepco: Impossible to completely prevent it from spreading (VIDEO)

enenews.com... fficial-seawater-contamination-going-on-since-disaster-bega

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

TEPCO does not deserve to even exist anymore! What is it going to take for the Japanese authorities to close down this inept power company? They have been covering up since day one! The entire management of TEPCO should be forced to fall on their swords!
edit on 11/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
english.kyodonews.jp...

Where do you put the intensely radioactive water? Well if you are Japan, you put in a river that is used for agriculture.

Ever heard of such a thing? Impossible! Unbelievable! Under Who's Order???????

Though there has to be hope, for it may be that something else is harming our health, from GMO's to other things, because this is something.

Five men at atomic ground zero

Most lived to old age and one is still alive.

I'm not sure how that compares to the ongoing radiation of Fukushima, but it does mean I'm not giving into their meme that we all need to get sick from this.

top topics

join