It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Friends, Need help with some computer tech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Sorry about leaving the other thread blank, Pressed enter by mistake and GF came she can't find out im spending more money on my PC.

I have these items in my shopping cart, so far I've checked the spec and the all fit together except one thing
The case and the heatsink fan might not fit, on the page it says no bigger then 90mm (the CPU cooling), but some people say that is not true. some people say they want to buy a 92mm but doesnt confirm if it fits.

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

Another question I have is if I would have to re install windows 7 or would Windows reject the new hardware because of license problems

edit on 9-7-2013 by ^anubis^ because: had to ride out before GF saw what I was doing

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

its your key board its not working lol

plug in keyboard or get new 1

xp

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

i starred and flagged ya cos i couldn't have said it better.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wish someone on the ATS staff would bring up the issue of banning this type of thread...

Useless... pointless.... crap...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

NEEERD RAAAGE

get over it, maybe someone was trying to just say hello

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
reply to post by Akragon

NEEERD RAAAGE

get over it, maybe someone was trying to just say hello

Then say HELLO damnit!

:bnghd:

Glad you edited it though

edit on 9-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

LMAO thanks, I had to abort mission because then GF would bitch like no tomorrow, she hates my PC and my gaming

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
reply to post by Akragon

LMAO thanks, I had to abort mission because then GF would bitch like no tomorrow, she hates my PC and my gaming

Ahh... Good call man... I'd probably dive for cover too...

I guess you'd have to know where im coming from... There was this one thread that was called "this is it" in the joke section... it got 80 some odd flags and thousands of replies...

Completely blank thread... and people loved it... Thought it was bloody hilarious...

And it made me physically ill...

And theres been like 20 of the same style thread...

I think I was traumatised by it...

edit on 9-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

lmao I feel you its all good. I just wanna make sure I dont have to re instal windows when I install all the new hardware on my pc xD

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I wouldn't think so... You're keeping the HD that the operating system is on right?

Should just snap together...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

yeah same HD

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You might, MIGHT, get by without a re-install, if you boot the machine up in safe mode first, and let it sit there for several minutes, after you reconfigure the system. However, I would not count on it.

At the very least, you WILL have to re-activate Windows. And MS may demand a call-in re-activation. Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

thank you, will try

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If it was me id be more worried about the current operating system not being able to reconfigure itself correctly rather than having to re-enter my key code. Sometimes when you change a lot of hardware without reinstalling a fresh operating system the old OS can become a bit buggy.

But there is a built in system engineers tool in Microsoft Windows that will allow you to strip out the old system configuration and still keep all your installed programs. After doing this you will get an Out Of the Box Exerinence (OOBE) where the OS will cleanly recongiure itself on the first boot just like it did when you first installed windows. But you will have to re-enter the key.

edit on 10-7-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hello,

I have tried this many times. I'd say 1 out of 15 times it will work. If your able, turn on machine, enter bios, set all settings to default, save and exit. Let windows load then shut down properly. Insert old drive in new computer. Enter bios, set all settings to default. Reboot machine. It may take. When windows reloads back up it is going to try and connect to internet and find drivers for some things like co processors, USB, motherboard stuff, etc..

Another way that i found successful is to uninstall every piece of hardware from the device manager list on the original machine. This will delete them from the hard drive theoretically . Leave the video drivers handy and USB stuff.. After that's done then you place the old drive in new computer and the new computer will install new drivers for the new mobo... Now remove hard drive from old computer and pray it makes it to windows just once.

If you can not get into the bios, open up side of computer, unplug machine from wall, use small screwdriver to pop out the dime sized watch battery. Remove battery. Hit power switch a few times to ensure draining of all power from the computer.. wait about 30sec to 1 min, pop battery back in, put in old harddrive, and turn it back on!

Thank you, hope this helps!

Bud316

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

ahhh-the closet gamer!

Been there before.

Don't want to aggro the she-beast!

top topics

join