It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Food Shopping Online?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just found this site and I'm thinking of using it. www.usgrocer.com/ It has free shipping for all purchases over $25.

Anyone ever do this before?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Prices seem too high, the supermarket is cheaper by far. Maybe if you lived in Alaska it may be reasonable.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
my mother shops online and loves it but you need to watch the sell by dates on the food as this is how they get rid of the stuff that is going out of date soon .

but it is a great way for older people who cannot get out or have no family to shop online or if you live a three day camel hike from the shops

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Yes. Just looked up some of the items I buy at the store, and the prices at the website above are at least double of what I pay per item. No way would I order from that site.

edit on 7-7-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I looked up a random item and got hotsauce. It's like $.67 where I live and nearly $4.00 per bottle on that site. I don't even remember AK having prices that bad.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by jiggerj

Prices seem too high, the supermarket is cheaper by far. Maybe if you lived in Alaska it may be reasonable.

I have no transportation and my legs are shot to hell. A taxi to and from the grocery store would run me $14. So, for the past few years I've been picking up food from the local store (a three minute walk). The prices online are comparable, with some cheaper than the store, and offer more of a variety for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I get my shopping online here in the uk from tesco every week.

Asda do it here too which is Walmart in the US

Are you in the US?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just checked they do delivery:

delivery.walmart.com...

Walmart is the same company as Asda in the UK

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by jiggerj

I have no transportation and my legs are shot to hell. A taxi to and from the grocery store would run me $14. So, for the past few years I've been picking up food from the local store (a three minute walk). The prices online are comparable, with some cheaper than the store, and offer more of a variety for me.
you are paying in dollars what i pay in pounds $1.5 =£1 so it shows how dear europe is the only thing i found expensive was dog food but 6 rolls in my local shop are nearly $3 or £1.89 in english money

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

My wife uses Peapod. We like it. Saves time and no impulse buying.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm in the uk, I buy organic so a little more expensive, but NO delivery charge!

Oh, and my food doesn't poison me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
I looked up a random item and got hotsauce. It's like $.67 where I live and nearly $4.00 per bottle on that site. I don't even remember AK having prices that bad.

I just picked up a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew (20 OZ.) at my local store. I paid $3.99.

If I bought a case online it would come to $3.94 per can. Plus, I wouldn't have to lug my groceries all the way home. It's a definite plus for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I'm in the uk, I buy organic so a little more expensive, but NO delivery charge!

What I'm more interested in is if anyone's ever gotten screwed by these companies?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Wow thats expensive!

www.tesco.com...

12 rolls for 0.40p

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Just checked they do delivery:

delivery.walmart.com...

Walmart is the same company as Asda in the UK

Free delivery? In order for me to access that site I have to do something with cookies.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What I'm more interested in is if anyone's ever gotten screwed by these companies?

I've been doing it for years, I've never been screwed but I did get a wrong item once, it was low fat cheese instead of full fat, not bad considering I've ordering thousand of items over the years.

Usually the delivery comes from the warehouse and the pickers go around with a shopping list, anything they don't have they usually substitute with something similar, very rarely happens though...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
double post
edit on 7-7-2013 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Just click yes or accept.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jiggerj

My wife uses Peapod. We like it. Saves time and no impulse buying.

Just heard of that earlier today. Gonna check it out on your say-so.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Bilbo....something or other up ^^ there was about on the nail, in the uk anyways. Super markets pile all the goods that are almost past the sell by date into the online shoppers basket. They also switch brands on you claiming they've run out of the brand you wanted.
Looking at the prices on the site you linked to It would probably be cheaper for you to bulk buy localy and use a taxi, or pay a neighbor to take you to the shops?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join