It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Skunk Ape' filmed in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

What do you guys think? I've only just started researching into bigfoot etc and then I stumble across a skunk ape? Could this new evidence be a hoax? Or some sort of ape like creature/escapee? There's a video at that link which shows some imprints in the ground.,.. but nothing looking like footsteps.

Worth checking out nonetheless.

Michael.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Infest

All I can say is the images are not good enough to make any conclusion.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Infest

Could this new evidence be a hoax? Or some sort of ape like creature/escapee?

I can't say for sure it is a hoax, but I grew up in that area during my HS days and can guarantee one thing, if that is real someone would have either trapped it or shot it and had it stuffed by now.

I do have to wonder though as to why they didn't try to stay at the park and get some more footage, as camping is allowed...

Myakka River State Park is known the world over as a haven for abundant wildlife and natural scenic beauty. One of the best ways to experience this large wilderness area is through the solitude of a remote campsite, reachable only by hiking or biking (map). Staying overnight in one of the primitive areas provides campers with one of the best ways to see wildlife in a natural setting.

www.myakkariver.org...

I would think bigfoot investigators would have done this if this sighting was that credible..

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
here's the vid

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
S&F.

Thanks for this. Living rural down here, I know several people who claim to have seen something. Most of these I wouldn't trust with a water pistol, and their stories tend to mutate in the retelling in proportion to the amount of alcohol they consume. I've never seen anything myself, but I've had those weird moments when you feel eyes on you, and you just shake it off.

There is one guy I used to go target shooting with who said he saw something while turkey hunting. He would name off what he was positive it wasn't such as another man, or bear, boar or deer, but when I'd suggest skunk ape he'd just smile and tell me "You said that, I didn't." He was a sober guy, an older Vietnam vet who did data and communications contracting, and a solid, well grounded man, who was not prone to flights of fantasy or flying off the handle.

He never would tell me what he thought it was, just what he knew it wasn't. I think since so much of his work depended on his reputation, he didn't want it getting out that he might have seen something most people won't even consider as possibly real.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Between cougars, bobcats, snakes, peacocks, seagulls, deer, armadillos, opossum, alligators, parrots, pelicans that I have seen in Florida, I have NEVER seen of or heard of a skunk ape in Sarasota. Its strange how the video starts and we see nothing for a minute or so. You can barely see the item as he has it zoomed on his camera so the thing running is distorted. I mean, he must have the eyes of a bobcat in order to see this thing hiding in some bushes 1/4 mile away, unless i missed it.. How did the guy know where to aim his camera to record because nothing shows up for a min or two on the footage. If that is a chimp we are in deep trouble. The strength of a 8' chimp would be the strength of 6-8 men!!! I say quarantine Sarasota now.. i have been there many times in Myakka, i live about 20 miles from it and this is fun to hear..I may have to get a camera and head out there as an ATS exclusive.

Bud316

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well........Its either Bigfoot or a guy in a suit of some sort. Cant really say anything else about it one way or the other. Its pretty bad video footage really, like every bigfoot video unfortunately. Id love to see something more compelling on video one day.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Need some better pictures at-least. But interesting to say the least

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Nope...Nope....it is legit...during the day, that's where the deer and hogs are bedding....they're real....just go 5 miles south of !-90 at hwy 18 east of Seattle maybe 25 minutes.....to that intersection....it's impossible walking back in there.....and it just happens to center on the map shown on TV all the time of the sightings in Washington state...That's the center of where all the dots are...Go in there and blow a predator call.....take about 6 friends.

That's Rattlesnake Mtn. there....named for never a rattler seen in there...go south west of Rattlesnake Mtn. Enter through the logging gate....they allow bikes.

edit on 15-7-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Im from florida and let me just say I have seen some really big feet here.
Better watch your toes

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
here's the vid

Sounds like those guys were more interesting in trying to establish that there is a cover up than to actually take any photos. And an iPhone as a camera. Cmon.

top topics

join