It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Evolutionists and former Creationists

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
reply to post by TucoTheRat

Originally posted by Barcs
^He's confusing the origin of life with evolution. What else is new?

You don't seem to even know what biological evolution is. You keep talking about amino acids and what not but that has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is about genetic mutations and environmental changes. It has nothing to do with how the first life got here. How can you argue against a scientific theory when you don't even know the basics about it? The ego is crazy. Intelligent Design is a guess, not a fact. Random mutations that are measurable and observable from parent to child prove your entire idea wrong. No ID necessary.

What that guy said......

But yeah, how could you possibly know that??

Oh that's right, by reading books other that weren't written by UFO conspiracists....
edit on 3-8-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, what dat guy said!

He knows what's up! Evolution it like the Brontosaurus evolving into Apatosaurus, and I read that in a real book.

So take your ET voodoo mumbo jumbo somewhere else dude, we are to smart for ya. teachers and text books know everything man, didn't ya know that, you froob
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm talking to children.

edit on 3-8-2013 by TucoTheRat because: do daw do be do bade doooowap oh oh yeah yeah

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Your argument is akin to saying that Santa must exist in the context of a jolly fat man that delivers presents to all the good children of the world on Christmas Eve because I saw him at the mall last December. There's a huge difference between saying that there's historical evidence for the existence of Jesus of Nazareth and claiming that "He" is the son of God made man, result of a virgin birth, performed miracles, was crucified and rose again from the dead, etc. Or, to put it another way, a huge difference between the man who existed and the costume Christians have clothed him in as their divine messiah.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

It's a generally well accepted truth that Jesus of Nazareth did in fact exist. Even atheists concede that much

You lost me with 'even atheists concede that much' can you quote an atheist who agrees the the historical Jesus has been validated via the archaeological/historical record? Because last I checked, there were no contemporary accounts of Jesus. Tacitus 'Annals" cover roughly from the death of Augustus until the end of Nero's reign which if memory serves me is 14 CE until 68 CE without any mention of Jesus. it wasn't until early in the 2nd century CE that Jesus starts to be mentioned.

I mean, have you ever lost someone, a family member perhaps, who you loved; but then stopped loving them because they no longer existed?
edit on 3-8-2013 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

apples and grapes...not even close enough to be apples and oranges. comparing the loss of a loved one with the theoretical existence of someone who allegedly lived 2 millennia ago is silly on a good day. those loved ones who have passed on and were known personally were known to have existed and were a part of your life. A magical man in a book you've never met can not be a remotely comparable loss. you don't stop loving people you cared for because they're no longer with you.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Your argument is akin to saying that Santa must exist in the context of a jolly fat man that delivers presents to all the good children of the world on Christmas Eve because I saw him at the mall last December.

Sure, ok. I don't see how it's even remotely the same, but ok. I'm not here to argue.

There's a huge difference between saying that there's historical evidence for the existence of Jesus of Nazareth and claiming that "He" is the son of God made man, result of a virgin birth, performed miracles, was crucified and rose again from the dead, etc. Or, to put it another way, a huge difference between the man who existed and the costume Christians have clothed him in as their divine messiah.

Yeah sure, and that's perfectly fine. Like I said I'm not here to argue and I didn't invoke Jesus the god who turned water into wine. I'm referring to Jesus the man. And the poster who I was asking the questions to said himself that he deeply loved Jesus at one point in his life...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TucoTheRat
Dude can you please at least follow the rules of your own little 14 point image? Give me an example of this fact. Show me ONE, just one, fact that proves evolution happens without intelligent design.

All we need for evolution to happen are the 14 points of the picture. Which one of those steps requires an intelligent designer? Post proof. Thanks.
edit on 5-8-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Dude can you please at least follow the rules of your own little 14 point image? Give me an example of this fact. Show me ONE, just one, fact that proves evolution happens without intelligent design.

All we need for evolution to happen are the 14 points of the picture. Which one of those steps requires an intelligent designer? Post proof. Thanks.

For evolution that happens outside of intelligent design, I have no proof what so ever. That is to say, I have no proof that things that have theoretically evolved out side of human meddling stem in their origin from an intelligent designer.

We would not be having this conversation if I did have proof that you ask for.

But this in turn resembles why evolution is mistakenly called a theory when it is a fact.

Evolution happens Fact, Humans have, by intelligent design, caused evolution Fact.

The idea that evolution can happen outside of intelligent design is irreverent and of no importance to the theory of evolution happening with out intelligent design. It says so right at the bottom of your 14 point image. That why I use the word obtuse. Evolutionists like yourself have a theory that says things evolve with out intelligent design and at the same time state "We don't know the origins of life and how it started and don't much care". How is that science?

How can you have a theory about something you don't care or need the answer to? That my friend is the definition of being obtuse, and is so far from scientific reasoning as things can get. Especially when you have facts and evidence that Evolution happens quite easily by inept human hands.

Just look at how our simple human mistakes change the evolutionary tracks of so many lifeforms around us. Look at how people in such a short time have set in place a chain of events that will change life on this earth as we know it. look at science itself and the men who brought it to you, how they accomplished what the did by simply trying to reach the mind of a creator. Darwin himself believed in intelligent design.

But all this is speculation and opinion the fact is you have a choice intelligent design or not there is evidence and facts for one of those choices and theory for the other.

The Rat.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Evolutionists like yourself have a theory that says things evolve with out intelligent design and at the same time state "We don't know the origins of life and how it started and don't much care". How is that science?

What is an evolutionist? Is it a person who understand the theory of evolution? If yes, do you call people who understand Newton and Einstein gravitationists? If not, why? Look, the double-helix structure of DNA was only discovered 60 years ago. The third major domain of life was only discovered 20 years ago. Currently, there's a lot of debate if a 4th domain of life exists. There's also debate if Eukaryotes really make a domain of life, or are just a phylum of Archaea. The first signs of life are about 3.7 billion years old. You think it's so easy to find out what exactly happened ~4 billion years ago? Anyway, we've already uncovered so much. For example, it's almost certain that in the early genetic code, only the first two letters of a codon carried meaning. Likewise, in this genetic code, there were only a few amino acids (while the rest were incorporated into the code later). It's almost certain that RNA world and then RNA+protein world, preceded current DNA/RNA/Protein world. There are many feasible theories for the beginning of life. My personal favorite is autocatalytic RNA molecules, but my mind is open for other options, just as long as they are backed up by logic and are testable (can be falsified)..
edit on 6-8-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

For evolution that happens outside of intelligent design, I have no proof what so ever. That is to say, I have no proof that things that have theoretically evolved out side of human meddling stem in their origin from an intelligent designer.

We would not be having this conversation if I did have proof that you ask for.

But this in turn resembles why evolution is mistakenly called a theory when it is a fact.

Evolution happens Fact, Humans have, by intelligent design, caused evolution Fact.

The idea that evolution can happen outside of intelligent design is irreverent and of no importance to the theory of evolution happening with out intelligent design. It says so right at the bottom of your 14 point image. That why I use the word obtuse. Evolutionists like yourself have a theory that says things evolve with out intelligent design and at the same time state "We don't know the origins of life and how it started and don't much care". How is that science?

How can you have a theory about something you don't care or need the answer to? That my friend is the definition of being obtuse, and is so far from scientific reasoning as things can get. Especially when you have facts and evidence that Evolution happens quite easily by inept human hands.

Just look at how our simple human mistakes change the evolutionary tracks of so many lifeforms around us. Look at how people in such a short time have set in place a chain of events that will change life on this earth as we know it. look at science itself and the men who brought it to you, how they accomplished what the did by simply trying to reach the mind of a creator. Darwin himself believed in intelligent design.

But all this is speculation and opinion the fact is you have a choice intelligent design or not there is evidence and facts for one of those choices and theory for the other.

The Rat.

Let me elucidate that long winded post for you.

"I don't know...therefore God"

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
Your beliefs are your beliefs, and your reasons for those beliefs are fine and good. But the 2nd part of your statement is a bit confusing to me. When you say "you" in that statement, are you speaking about yourself or for everyone else?

I am speaking about myself. But generally speaking if a person does not think something exists they cannot logically have feelings for it. That should apply to everyone. Believers think he exists so it's not the same.

It's a generally well accepted truth that Jesus of Nazareth did in fact exist. Even atheists concede that much. So when you say that you stopped loving Him because you can't believe in someone who you don't think exists, what does that mean exactly? Is that a general rule you live by, or just as it applies in this context?
I was talking about Jesus Christ son of God. A man named Jesus living during that time does not prove the existence of that man as described by the gospels.

I mean, have you ever lost someone, a family member perhaps, who you loved; but then stopped loving them because they no longer existed?
That's tough to say. If one believes in a soul, who's to say they stop existing at death? That's not the same as loving something you believe is a fictitious concept. With a person, you cherish their memory and the person lives on within you. They are very much real.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Of course humans contribute to evolution. All species do. You forget that all evolution is essentially is adapting to environments. If humans create an environment that harms other species or puts their species in danger they either adapt, relocate or go extinct. That is evolution in action, regardless if intelligent beings have effects on it. It happens in non human species as well. A new predator migrates to an area and wreaks havoc on the local populations. In turn they either relocate or die out. The part that turns your idea on its back is the fact of genetic mutations. There is no ID necessary for genes to change when pass from parent to offspring or for solar radiation to cause genetic mutations. Evolution does not require intelligence, bottom line end of story. Extinction level events happen. Sudden environmental changes happen. Some creatures get lucky, some don't.
edit on 6-8-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
dup removed
edit on Fri Aug 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to make a small correction to a few posts here.

Evolution isn't 'mistakenly' called a theory at all. The mistake is that people do not understand what is meant when we talk of theories (versus say, an hypothesis) in scientific contexts.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

beautiful post man.

You hijacked my thoughts...except...I was never indoctrinated at young age....they tried...but it didn't stick with me. Even at a young age...I couldn't come to terms with the fact that people believed in different gods...and they all thought theirs is the right one. Even as a boy...it screamed to me...none of it is right. It's just a power struggle for the numbers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join