It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
I understand that there seems to be a feeling that someone is losing ground to someone else, but it is only natural. I say embrace it, allow for new ideas to flourish in a heterogenous way. The old ways are gone and cannot come back.

Embrace what?

Media bias against whites because the media thinks minorities can't succeed otherwise?
(Not true but the media thinks it is)

Legal bias against whites because affirmative action is the only way minorities and women can succeed?
(Not true but politicians would have you think so.)

Social bias against whites because it's fashionable for everyone to hate the majority?
(Popular people actually believe this.)

Financial bias against anyone who isn't already famous, connected or wealthy but blaming it on whites as long as they aren't famous connected or wealthy?
Actually true.

Divisive politics that guarantee the powers that be continue to control the vote by inflaming racial hatred?
Unfortunately true.

The continuing manipulation of minorities by wealthy politicians and activists with outrageous broken promises in order to buy a vote?
I wish this wasn't true.

The same old story of "Well, we tried to stick with the plan to make every minority rich and every white person suffer (except for the famous, connected and wealthy) but things just didn't work out this time. We'll get em next election"?
You know it's true.

I think I'd rather not embrace any of that.

Seems to me that the "ground lost" is in the idea that actual equality would ever be allowed to exist by those that scream the loudest for equality.

edit on 4-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Take a trip to Detroit,Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids Michigan and you would agree with those stats I guarantee you.I almost lost my life a black gang attacked me and am now permanently disabled.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61
Take a trip to Detroit,Kalamazoo or Grand Rapids Michigan and you would agree with those stats I guarantee you.I almost lost my life a black gang attacked me and am now permanently disabled.

sad part, had the roles been reversed, the WHOLE COUNTRY

via media, would of made sure the whole world heard about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have seen racist of all colors and backgrounds. Being mixed I have been even called a mongrel and that I should only date girls who are mixed like me. To me I cannot understand why people subscribe to racist views and yell racist names to random strangers. Show yourself some respect and others too.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

workng-class whites resent working harder and harder and seeing thousands of blacks on welfare etc.
this is a powder keg. I wouldn't be surprised to see major major race conflict in this country very soon.

not only do some go against the welfare, thats dumb, and i refrain from blaming the destitute.

I feel it more the resentment at the CAREER ladder level. I personally was passed over for promotion because "a black guy" had to get it for EEO.. in the military there are pathways to commission. and then there are EXTRA pathways for 'minorities'.. yes. actuallly being a minority gives you carpool lane privs, and you can have LOWER scores and still get it!

Or, how about college entrance criteria, lower scores and STILL get in.. OVER a higher scoring underprivileged white kid.

Dont even begin with all the frivolous claims to every state's labor board.. couldn't have been the poor performance, or the showing up late...nope, got fired for being black..

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I had no idea how racist blacks were until Obama was elected. It's much worse than I ever realized.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
Well, well well.

A survey that says white people think black people are more racists than everybody

America, it's quite something eh?

edit on 4-7-2013 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

You obviously didn't read the article.

Or you just chose to ignore the points that were made that you didn't like.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Being mixed I have been even called a mongrel and that I should only date girls who are mixed like me.

Just kind of joking, but I say go for it! Mutts are stronger than purebreds. Usually stronger immune systems, higher intelligence, looks, etc, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Im not surprised at all, this is from asking real people what their opinions are. Not asking the public where political correctness trumps logic every time. I think white people in general just have to be super careful about how they talk in public now as nearly anything can be stretched to called "racist". A great example is here on ATS the other day, i said i didn't like the black guy who broke into my house and robbed it. That was a "racist" comment for some reason.
This zimmerman trial is another good example, zimmerman was asked to describe the person he saw and was called "racist" for saying he was black. On the phone Martin called zimmerman a "cracker" which is seen as not racist at all.
I have seen and heard many black people go on about how its not possible for blacks to be racist because according to their definition racist is something only a white person can be.
So while the media has not mustered the courage to call anyone besides a white man racist yet i guess it is good to know that individuals can recognize it at least.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

after the 'black history' class freshman year ----->WTF dude(s)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Meh... if we were all Gray then it would be the shorty vs. the talls

Ya gotta keep em separated!

link   

Well thanks. I don't really care about race, color, or ethnicity in dating. I would like a girl who is all natural and has her head on her shoulders. I have seen a lot of people who messed up their lives and it effects everyone. It's sad, but it's reality because many people do not take care of themselves.

link   

I think white people in general just have to be super careful about how they talk in public now as nearly anything can be stretched to called "racist". A great example is here on ATS the other day, i said i didn't like the black guy who broke into my house and robbed it. That was a "racist" comment for some reason.
reply to post by Superhans

Let me explain why you were called racist.

If you would have said "I don't like the guy who broke into my house"... that makes perfectly good sense. I wouldn't like anyone who broke into my house either.

Since you had to qualify guy with "black"... you've now added race to the equation. Race has nothing to do with what happened to you.

A criminal robbed you, their race should not enter into the equation here as you don't have to be black to commit a robbery.

Its not really your fault though.. we're so conditioned by the media to identify race that its hard to realize that what you said is wrong.

I'm honestly happy that my mother raised me to not care about skin color.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

I don't care about skin color, the guy was black and he broke into my house to rob me- im not racist. It would be racist if i said he broke into my house because he was black. But see? Mindless PC crap, i mention race and the bells start going off in your head to find out how it is racist. Its really hard to describe someone without using race...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i was born in the motor city, motown, detroit, heart of rock n' roll. at 15 we moved to a small town. i dressed like i always did in the city. this went over like a lead balloon. they started calling me motown, and they used it like a racial slur. i'm white as white can be, i mean WHITE. lol turns out the town was the seat of the KKK for that part of the state. so i know first hand what prejudice is, and in the strangest way you can imagine -- they didn't like me because i was citified. hehe they said my flamboyant and over the top choice of attire was a "black thing", which made me laugh cause i was a fan of david bowie at the time, and was into the glam rock fashions-- nothing particularly white or black about it.

i made friends with a native american girl. they didn't like her either. lol i didn't care if they did or not. i liked her and thought the rest of them were silly. i made friends with the only black person for miles in any direction. she had been adopted into a family in a nearby town and we met during a jam session (musicans/singers). she related to me the hardships she had to endure as a black person in that part of the state. it was not a good thing. i thought that was horrible.

this was 40 years ago. i was hoping it was getting better, not that it was going to be a problem in reverse now.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I agree fully that there is more racism put forth by the black community versus white...it's entitlement...and it's so played out...we can't move on because certain morons in the black community won't allow it...they need to spin facts just like the media does...such a shame...we could be a great country if we just looked beyond what we see and here on tv and radio

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If you view real crime stats, it is clear who the real racist are... And we are called racist for having a brain which those who call us out don't have.. I hate saying percentages in the 90's when it comes to them cause id be a racist.. Walk down a poor trailor park white "hood" then a black "hood" and you will see a huge diff.. It has nothing to do with being poor. They are savage period. I am sick of the liberal whites trying to justify their actions.

Every race has been put through hell.. Whites, jews, indians,etc.. Yet the only race that cant get their # together is WHO? Enough said.

Gs
edit on 4-7-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It seems to me also that racism is making a comeback.

It's a shame we can't go back to the mindset most of us had as kids. I never saw color, my best friend growing up was a black girl and truly one of the best people ever to have been part of my life. I miss that...not caring..not even really noticing a difference at all.

I thought when Obama came into office that racism came to a halt that day, yes I am one who was proud of my country for seeing past his skin. At the time I was a believer of his (don't hate me for it). I really thought we all had changed for the better that day, blacks, whites, hispanics and everyone else. But I believe things are worse now. You can't possible disagree with Obama and not be a racist. It's not right....this racism needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

It's a shame we can't go back to the mindset most of us had as kids. I never saw color, my best friend growing up was a black girl and truly one of the best people ever to have been part of my life. I miss that...not caring..not even really noticing a difference at all.

This totally makes the list of stupid PC crap people need to stop saying, really? You were saying that as a child you were that unobservant and oblivious to the world around you that you didn't notice that your best friend was black?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
obamas mother is white so obama is half white ?
never judge a book by the cover and all that .

i think if you look into bob marley he was the same [ white father ] so i have been told .

and as for the slavery thing who were the money men running the ships ?? as many white people were slaves and treated worse than africans .

black ? people had slaves as well as native indians look it up on youtube it shocked me watching it not everything is the way we see it in history .

and from a painter if you told me to paint your woodwork white and came home to find it slightly pink would i get paid
i am not white as most blacks are brown confused i am
. .

if we did not have color to argue over we would argue over religion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join