It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST HAVE prepper items,on a budget!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Wow, I'm really going to have to re-examine the prices on these. Last time I looked, they were still pretty high. But, imagine if your sentries had night vision? Would certainly give them the leg up they'd need to protect the location. I've always had it in the plan, but not in the budget...though if they are going this cheap... Was years since I last looked, so I'm just a bit amazed they could be so low...and work.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

of course,mines a bit out of date,but even the new ones of this brand,night owl,are about 160-250 bucks.A lot cheaper than they were a few years ago even.Look at big 5 or such,they have some decent deals on them.Just starting a new job,and low on funds,this wasn't high on my list,but for 10 bucks?? A no brainer!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

I've seen the differences between the different generations of night vision. Gen 3 is AMAZING, but Gen 1 is still quite serviceable for my needs (and budget).

We did a military base night paintball scenario once (where it was so dark in places you couldn't see your hand in front of your face), and 3 guys with nightvision took out dozens of people with not one casualty in their group, because of it. Really showed the power of that advantage.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I knew this was an older model,but for the price,and the cool factor,I had to snag it up.I've seen the same type on craigslist for 60-100 bucks,so I know I can flip it if needed. Like I said,not a must have item like food prepping stuff,but even if I never need it,its still neat.Only problem I've found is that it uses N type battery,hard to find and $$.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join