It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short, quick and perplexing dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I had an odd dream the other night. In it I saw a door that looked to be in the center of a wall . It was white and not unlike the door to my basement...and it was closed. I watched as the door opened away from me and I knew something supernatural was opening it.

Now, in my dream I also knew that calling on the name of Jesus would drive it away. (Maybe I've been reading too many ATS posts?) So I began to speak "In the name of..." and just like that I couldn't say His name. It was like trying to articulate the name Jesus Christ made me mute. I became afraid at that point...and suddenly woke up.

Now I've done some reading on dreams over the years and realize the color white has significance. I also know a closed door is an obstacle and even a ghost in a dream can have meaning. What bothers me is I've never dreamed of anything religious (that I can remember) and not being able to invoke the name of Jesus bothers me. I still get the heebie jeebies when I think about it...like that feeling of fear is still with me.

Apologies to the mods if I posted this in the wrong place. I just felt like I needed to write it down and vent a bit.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

I am not much into horror movies but I love classic Vampire ones.

One of my favorite is "Fright Night" and in one scene the so-called sham vampire hunter holds up a Silver Cross to thwart the Vampire, the Vampire just laughs then crushes the Metal Cross in his hands.

He then says still laughing..."You have to have faith for this to work on me!"

I am going to stay vague and bit cryptic, let you mull it over. But I hope that helps.

edit on 1-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

P.S. There is a Dream forum you might ask to have this moved to and you might get more responses.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yes, I also loved Fright Night (the original, not the poor excuse for a remake). I've also wondered about the whole faith thing. Is it because I lack faith? Or does something out there have power over me to prevent me from calling on it? On a side note, I was raised Catholic, still consider myself a (non practicing) Christian but I'm really more spiritual than anything else.

Also, many times objects in dreams have a much different meaning than you would think. I have an old dream dictionary laying around...I'll have to look this one up.

Thanks for the tip on the Dream forum (I'm fairly new here). Mods, please feel free to move this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomaSempre
reply to post by abeverage

Yes, I also loved Fright Night (the original, not the poor excuse for a remake). I've also wondered about the whole faith thing. Is it because I lack faith? Or does something out there have power over me to prevent me from calling on it? On a side note, I was raised Catholic, still consider myself a (non practicing) Christian but I'm really more spiritual than anything else.

Also, many times objects in dreams have a much different meaning than you would think. I have an old dream dictionary laying around...I'll have to look this one up.

Thanks for the tip on the Dream forum (I'm fairly new here). Mods, please feel free to move this thread.

I did like David Tennent but that was about it...

Oddly I found I had more nightmares or dreams I would be startled awake by when I was having trouble dreaming. Think of it like an escape mechanism, something disturbing happens and wakes you out of the dream because in the real world your having some wrong.

But if you want to get deeper. Has something happened lately to challenge your faith? Do you feel weak in it?

I believe nothing has power enough over you from being able to compel through the name of your creator or savior. You said you were raised Catholic perhaps you doubt the power you wield as you might feel you need a proxy (I am not Catholic so going by what I know).

Or as Freud was fond of saying Maybe it was just a cigar...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
wow, dreams can be really crazy. have you ever thought that something could be trying to communicate with you through your dreams?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StarbuckWhale

Yes, that thought crossed my mind. Communicating with a spirit, ghost or whatever else is something I'd rather not do. I don't think any good can come from it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I had an odd dream the other night. In it I saw a door that looked to be in the center of a wall . It was white and not unlike the door to my basement...and it was closed. I watched as the door opened away from me and I knew something supernatural was opening it.

Now, in my dream I also knew that calling on the name of Jesus would drive it away. (Maybe I've been reading too many ATS posts?) So I began to speak "In the name of..." and just like that I couldn't say His name. It was like trying to articulate the name Jesus Christ made me mute. I became afraid at that point...and suddenly woke up.

Now I've done some reading on dreams over the years and realize the color white has significance. I also know a closed door is an obstacle and even a ghost in a dream can have meaning. What bothers me is I've never dreamed of anything religious (that I can remember) and not being able to invoke the name of Jesus bothers me. I still get the heebie jeebies when I think about it...like that feeling of fear is still with me.

Apologies to the mods if I posted this in the wrong place. I just felt like I needed to write it down and vent a bit.

Thanks.

If I were to translate the symbology of this dream my first instict would be that it's pointing out a blockage in your life ... and the blockage seems to be you own fear of moving forward / change etc because of the 'unknown' factor.

For example;

The wall = the blockage ... it is also preventing you from seeing what's on the other side.

The door = initially it was closed which would indicate that you have been in a rut / at a standstill (enforced by others or self-inflicted) ... the door opening represents the opportunity to progress ... but your fear of taking the chance / grasping the nettle / taking a leap into the void brings back the old childhood fear of the 'monster in the closet/cupboard etc.

The colour white (door) = cleansing ... purity ... refreshing ... newborn ... positivity.

Now by your own admission you are a 'non-practicing' catholic therefore you have no reason to have any strength of belief / trust / faith in the thought that calling on the name of Jesus Christ could or would save you from your unseen / self-created demon on the other side of the door ... therefore your fear heightened.

We have to use the protection we can relate to eg; for a Christian it would usually be Jesus ... to a Pagan it would be Pan / Hecate and so on ...

You said that these days you are more spiritual so you would have probably had more success if you'd drawn the pure white light of Divine energy towards you for protection ... spiritually speaking this is our connection with the Divine / Creator Energy / God-source (call it what you will) and if you visualize this Pure White Light of Divine Energy wrapping itself around you like a mist or silken veil it will form an impenatrable barrier of protection around you that no unseen evil / negativity can ever break through.

You must find the path you are comfortable with (the one that fits like a comfortable pair of shoes) to feel safe and protected in times of need ... it's no good expecting something to save you from terror if you doubt it even exists in a certain form.

In a nutshell your dream is telling you not to fear forward progress ... it's time to move-on to the next chapter so that you can grow.

Woody

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody,

I U2U'd you as I don't want clutter up the thread.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody,

I U2U'd you as I don't want clutter up the thread.

Thanks again.

I just replied

Woody

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
invoking the spirit of the Christ works very well with what some refer to as 'demons'

however, there may be some other things in this world that are not demons, and are actual physical entities--and yes, i am referring to the extra terrestrial visitors

as they are not demons(or angels)they do not respond to prayer(except to make you think they did). it's the same thing with a human; ask in the Christ's name for them to stop doing whatever heinous thing they are doing and will they? sometimes...but too often not

because some things are not bound by those laws..the Bible says that Jesus can cast out demons..period.

so..it coulda been something else..or it could just be your crazy ol' head and some interesting symbolism, who knows

top topics

join