It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery as dead 'dolphin' body appears 3km inland on a hillside.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not really sure where to post this odd story, mods please move this to another forum if necessary.

So a dolphin has been found 3km inland on a hillside in County Donegal here in Ireland.

The mammal, with distinctive black and white markings, was found on a remote hillside near Meenbanad. It had injuries to its head but it is not clear how it died or how it ended up so far inland.
Niamh Bonner, who came across the creature, said people are baffled about how the creature ended up in the hills. "It is not like it is even beside a road and was dumped off a lorry," she said. "It had to be dragged there because it is about 100 yards off the road. "It's a bit of a mystery as to how it got there."
Padraig Whooley of the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group thinks it was part of a group of Atlantic white-sided dolphins that beached at nearby Traigheanna Bay in Dungloe on 21 June. Mr Whooley says sightings of such dolphins are fairly uncommon as they tend to stay much further out to sea. "The only thing I can think of is that it was taken there to decay naturally by someone.

so how did such an uncommon dolphin end up on a remote hillside in County Donegal with no road or river even near by?

Maybe the guy is right and someone brought it there to decay naturally so they could have the skeleton?

Still seems odd to me.

Link 1
Link 2

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Flying dolphin.

Looks like it beached itself or was taken out by a duck hunter.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
waterspout?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

nah I dont think so, i've never heard of one them occurring here in Ireland, especially inland, it would be extremely rare.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ah. It's Jonathan Livingston Seamammal, and obviously he didn't make it to the next world.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
unless i see a 360 panoramic view of the dolphin/baby Orca in situ then i guess this story is meaningless.
It could be beached and 20 yards from shore for all we know. Certainly looks like it's lying in shingle in the pic..

edit on 29-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say mate but someone beat you to the thread but it was posted in UFO forum ill see if I can find the link

www.abovetopsecret.com... There we go
edit on 29-6-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added link

An abducted baby whale then dumped in Ireland .. Poor whale/dolphin lol
edit on 29-6-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

Sigh .. Another edit. Didn't read you profile name didn't see you were of a female gender, so at the start of my reply .. Mate now = madam lol
edit on 29-6-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Last final added text and edit otherwise I'm going to shoot myself

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

could be, but the links seem pretty reliable.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
I'm sorry to say mate but someone beat you to the thread but it was posted in UFO forum ill see if I can find the link

www.abovetopsecret.com... There we go
edit on 29-6-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added link

An abducted baby whale then dumped in Ireland .. Poor whale/dolphin lol
edit on 29-6-2013 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

ah thanks! oops,

I searched the term 'dolphin' so that thread didnt show up for me. sorry for the double thread folks.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Sorry I wasn't trying to get your thread the chop .. In all fairness I reckon your thread is in the correct place ... An abducted baby whale/dolphin, I like my aliens but I think an abduction and dumping of a whale is stretching it

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't think it was Aliens, I agree with the "someone wanting the skeleton" theory.
I guess you could say that it was left there on porpoise.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Being a rational sort of fellow, I suspect it simply fell out of the sky.

No, really.

Raining animals

In Honduras it rains fish every year.

Yes, I know a dolphin is not a fish.

new topics

top topics

join