It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I will get straight to the point. I want some thoughts on a petition I am working on. This petition will involve Governors of every state. The Military and congress. The petition would require 2 phases to be followed. A cease and desist order regarding all phases of prism and anything regarding NSA telecommunications, drone strikes and missions. The complete halt in the making of any new laws and the non enforcement of laws that have been passed since 2001.

This is just a summery, I will put forth specific details at a later date. I do welcome advice from all points of view. I'm purposely hiding hand written notes I have until I am fully ready. I have spoken to a local Judge and a attorney about this petition and both thought I should get insight as to what other people think.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

The judge and attorney were trying to let you down easy. As in: give it up. Youll never make it happen, nor garner enough support to have any effect.

Because of their advice, I'd agree. See what others think of this....and add them up. And see how many you'd need to make it happen. Remember OCCUPY? Where are they now? What is their current agenda? What is their current standing?

Also, these "people" and parts of the government you want to effect change in...would require legal changes...laws changed...and implementation after much debating. No "petition" itself will ever be enough on it own. It will mostly be a scrap of paper with a few hundreds, thousands...and if youre lucky...tens of thousands of signatures...agaisnt the millions of Americans who wouldnt sign it, never saw it...nor care about it.

Still...this is America.
edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Actually Much to my surprise the Judge said she would sign such a petition after she read My notes and the way at which I had came up with for a complete removal of all current congress members/ president. and how a temporary government would be installed. How emergency elections would performed and so forth. I am still working out details and ways at which I think I can approach certain elected and non elected officials.

From My research and from conversations this petition is borderline treason by all definitions. I wanted to be sure so that is why I had the judge and attorney look at my notes. I was advised it would be all in the wording and in about how I approached certain officials.I have been working on this since Snowden had broke the news. My anger has not subsided since. I have always been upset since the Patriot Act and when the NDAA was signed that really got My blood boiling. Snowdens release was the fuse that exploded My anger into actually doing something about it or at the very least a first attempt.

My current goals are..

Finish petition

Find the most efficient and honest way of explaining the petition. So as not to bore someone into rreading a mess of confusing legal terms.

Then approach target parties about the petition. ( A lot depends on what happens here)

Then start the petition drive.
edit on 26-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: grammer and wording

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

Let's assume for a moment you get a petition with a million signatures, telling Obama he has to dissolve the government, and do a hundred and one other things. What do you do when Obama throws it away. We had what, 40-50 million people tell him he shouldn't have a second term in office, but he's still there.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I have thought about that. That is why I had figured this petition needed certain signatures at the very beginning of the list. 52 to be exact. That is why I said in My previous post I mentioned a lot depends on what happens when I get if I get a reply from the parties I wish to contact.

Let Me make this very clear I am not targeting Obama just because whatever. He had his shot to do the right thing and repeal the patriot act and shove the NDAA into the desk drawer of the oval office and not respond to it. The democrat congress had it's shot to repeal the same. The same also applies to all republicans in congress. Not a single one of those elephants have done squat to even try and submit anything to repeal any of the garbage that was passed. Sorry they all need to go every last one of them.

new topics

top topics

join