It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange shiny cd like object? sol 309

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It's probably Britain's 'Beagle 2'

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I bet NASA is going to say "it's a piece from Rover" or the likes. They always do.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by goou111

I bet NASA is going to say "it's a piece from Rover" or the likes. They always do.

Perhaps they should build the rover better next time. They seem to be far too happy with bits breaking off and contaminating Mars!

What scale is that pic, how big is the 'disc'? Looks anything from a few mm to a few cm

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S and F. Interesting find.

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the scale? How large is the object?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Nice find, and I think it may be something natural, but unless a clearer pic is taken, all we can do is speculate. Going on a tangent though, if it was a CD, odds are it would say AOL on it haha. Damn things are everywhere

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
People keep saying that it must be something that fell of a man made item.....seriously? What are the odds that you would come across so many items like this on a planet that big? Needle in a haystack doesn't even begin to touch it. There is no way you would come across something that small that fell off something in the atmosphere miles away from landing spot. I've lost house keys in a 12 x 12 room before and spent days looking.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
reply to post by goou111

That does look out of place. Could be a sand dollar! Good find!

edit on 22-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)
Yep I Think It Is ROCK.
Probably AEROSMITH LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
That looks to be a metal of some kind. Silver or other valuable resource. Could also be debris from one of he craft that landed such as a piece of the balloon?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
These deposits are all around the Glenelg area, but I must admit that the "object" in the OP has an interesting shape. Check out this one (on the bottom). I thought it was a little alien skeleton at first (before they filmed it with the MAHLI camera), but it's not. Looks can be deceiving!

gigapan.com...

This is from Sol 158 - over 150 days ago. I can NOT believe that ATS missed this. I was tempted to post it, but I didn't because it turned out to be nothing.

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by goou111

A little research goes a long way and can prevent you from looking like a fool.
edit on 6/24/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
it probably fell off a rover...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's a gear shifter knob from a Millennium Falcon.. solved.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
People are so lame.. Sand dollar? Like seriously?

It doesnt look anything like a sand dollar - thats like saying a cat looks like a dog because they have the same shape, but in detail complete different - same applies here.

Sand dollar would be on the bottom of water - not the surface of Mars. We ask questions if mars even had water, and now we throw "sand dollar" around like there was water all over Mars? Wtf is wrong witih people here? So in denial...

That looks more like a CD then a sand dollar - its REFLECTING - sand dollars dont reflect. Its has those "reflective rays" when a CD hits light (you know what im talking about). A circle in the middle..

Be in denial all oyu want people - NASA robbed the America tax papers, simulated a landing on Mars and has been roaming the Mojave Desert ever since. That piece of crap rover does not cost billions of dollars - more then a line of private jets.. It probably costs NASA as much as a Volkswagon Golf with a turbo engine - and they lied about the billions so they could take that finance form the tax payers without them complaining - so they could put the REAL Billions into a REAL SECRET project.

People are so gullible and in denial - its not even funny anymore

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Be in denial all oyu want people - NASA robbed the America tax papers, simulated a landing on Mars and has been roaming the Mojave Desert ever since.

Yeah! I want my tax papers back!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by goou111

I doubt that it is a CD! Most likely it is just a rock that reflects light in such a way that it appears to be what seems like a CD! After all our minds tend to make sense of what we see and just because it resembles a CD does not make it one! Even if it is some foreign object from some extra terrestrial beings what are the chances they would have the same technology as us? This is extremely doubtful! Good find never the less.
If you should ever come across the statue of liberty buried waist deep in the Martian terrain don't forget to yell "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

You only doubt because you dont want to beleive NASA has lied and screwed you as a tax payer - you are content with what they tell you, and desperately want to take it as truth - which is why its easy for them to deceive.

Like taking candy from a baby.. And with THAT much moeny - a grand SIMULATION is indeed easier then flying a rover to Mars... Wonder why the rover never went to Cydonia or any interesting places? BECAUSE ITS NOT THERE!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther

I doubt that it is a CD! Most likely it is just a rock that reflects light in such a way that it appears to be what seems like a CD! After all our minds tend to make sense of what we see and just because it resembles a CD does not make it one! Even if it is some foreign object from some extra terrestrial beings what are the chances they would have the same technology as us? This is extremely doubtful! Good find never the less.
If you should ever come across the statue of liberty buried waist deep in the Martian terrain don't forget to yell "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

You only doubt because you dont want to beleive NASA has lied and screwed you as a tax payer - you are content with what they tell you, and desperately want to take it as truth - which is why its easy for them to deceive.

Like taking candy from a baby.. And with THAT much moeny - a grand SIMULATION is indeed easier then flying a rover to Mars... Wonder why the rover never went to Cydonia or any interesting places? BECAUSE ITS NOT THERE!

Those with your delusion would not even know about a place like Cydonia, if it were not for the great NASA science that showed it to you in the first place.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So much angst over a rounded bright object

Please read earlier posts in this thread (including mine). It's a very small object, and most likely some kind of calcium / gypsum deposit, exposed through erosion.

Whaaa-whaaa-whaaa, NASA are lying to us, they robbed us of our tax money, and went to some desert on Earth instead.
Meanwhile, the USA government spends billions on defence and global military presence.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

simulated a landing on Mars and has been roaming the Mojave Desert ever since.

It must be an empty, battered coke can then!

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Safeguard yourself and your denial - they are still robbing you. And will continue because people like you obviously show you dont care.

Hollywood can make a better Mars rover, and planet Mars simulation via CGI - what do you think NASA could do with over $4 BILLION?

I have an idea
but you and the NASA fiends wont like it

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by charlyv

Safeguard yourself and your denial - they are still robbing you. And will continue because people like you obviously show you dont care.

Hollywood can make a better Mars rover, and planet Mars simulation via CGI - what do you think NASA could do with over $4 BILLION?

I have an idea
but you and the NASA fiends wont like it

Why, why, why, why?? It makes NO SENSE. Why not keep the rover totally secret, then?
You guys - you never think about the most obvious stuff first. Let's tell everyone we're sending a rover to Mars but edit all of the images and lie to the public!

Yeah, really smart.
Give me a break with that and your fear mongering/guilt trip or whatever it is you're trying to do.
What's the thinking??

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I doubt because it is very unlikely that there is a CD on the Martian surface!
Next, you don't know me but if you look at some of my responses you would see that I don't believe
much of what the US government tells me! I have a very open mind and believe anything is possible but I find it very unlikely this is what you think it is!
I know we are all being screwed as taxpayers!
One more thing~ It's not nice to assume things about those you don't know!
You get mad because we don't believe you but believe NASA !

edit on 1-7-2013 by nosacrificenofreedom because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join