It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS A Freemasony Front? No wonder good posts go un-noticed.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Psych3d3licPsych3

Try not speaking about drug use while posting some other point. It tends to discredit your point when people think you need to be stoned to see it...which is part of the reason drug talk is forbidden on ATS. Hard to convince someone that you saw this wonderfully colored UFO right after mentioning that you stepped outside to drop acid.

The UFO might have been real, but you will be discredited by the "guilt by association" bit. Hence the no drug talk policy on ATS as even serious topics get derailed by conversation of drug use. Don't believe me, then see above posts that were removed for that reason.

But in all fairness, the videos that were on that post:

John Lear, who is still a member and also had some interesting stories of breathable air on the Moon and Mars as well as some other whoppers. Personally, I like tall tales and folklore and would love to have a coffee with him sometime and swap stories because storytelling is nearly a lost art today.

And a former member (name escapes me) that did a Youtube rant over some things done and admitting on video that the T&C's were disregarded (stealth marketing and activism/petitions, in addition to publicly attacking a member)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

: I don't remember talking about seeing a UFO while I was outside taking acid ?/: I'm not sure if I've picked you up wrong but seems like you are trying to discredit what I'm saying, why delete my post then post up the videos again ? I'm confused... I don't even remember mentioning acid at all.. I don't think anyone has ever smoked enough of that evil evil stuff to think they've seen a UFO , its not something that makes you see # that isn't there..Why are we even talking about UFOs? There are many different forums on here where that sort of information would be relevant such as health and what not.. I thought we where supposed to be denying ignorance, and believing all "drugs" ( big scary word ) are bad and make you say and see stupid things is a lack of knowledge on the subject which is in fact ....... ignorance.. sorry if i picked you up wrong tho haha

Heres another one I found , not sure what to think of it

edit on 01/04/2013 by Psych3d3licPsych3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
After reading the OP carefully ... I wanted to throw my two cents of opinion in here.

Majority of enlightening information is tossed in to skunk works, while terrible threads suiting certain agenda's are pushed to the top. While they may not control what material people post, they do however, control what get's to the top and what doesn't.

As one of the higher contributors by sheer numbers, if nothing else, I can't help but feel a little represented in that observation.

ATS is a user contributed, User built and User defined site. The WATS list shows the top 50 contributors by volume and some standard measure they have it making based on that. It's where the Gold and Silver (For the next group below by the same measure) borders come from.

For others to suggest ATS is somehow controlled or agenda driven one direction more than another is basically referring to all the people on that. If one side isn't being represented as much as someone wants, add to the content for that side of things. It would add to the interest for everyone in that way, I'd say.

As for Freemasonry front? Errr.... It's not much of a front when a number of members openly have that affiliation in their Avatar and Profile info ...and post quite openly about it in the Secret Societies forum. Wouldn't a front want to be all covert about having "real masons" as members? (I'm still a bit lost on what made Masons inherently negative or bad to begin with...but another post perhaps)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That is called an example. A hypothetical situation to explain why the drug talk is not allowed. Clear your mind and you may understand that a bit better.

And for the record: Official Anonymous videos have much different audio track than that video. Several of our legitimate Anonymous members that are members here on ATS can confirm that as well.

But then again, things like this certainly are not new. Here is one from 2008 that nearly became ugly. We almost engaged in a lawsuit against our detractors...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You posted exactly the same thing I did. Literally, the same exact thing. Same link, just a prettier picture. And you got more stars. Like, a lot more. I hate you.

edit on 22-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Didn't know there where members of anonymous lol from what I see on the videos anyone can be anonymous and it is simply a name to use .. Arnt we all anonymous? "Clear you mind and you might understand that better" why do you think my mind isn't clear? Well obviously drug talk and UFOs arnt going to go together but as you know yourself there are many different other things discussed on this website where it may be relevent to bring substances up.. There is just a hint of smartarse in each of your posts to me, I wonder why
do you have a massive ego for yourself as you see yourself as some badass thread moderator or do you think you are somehow superior and smarter than I?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sometimes that would mean placing the warning graphics in more than half of the thread's posts. At that point, it's not salvageable.

Well it does cause the trouble maker-makers to be able to kill a thread at will though.

ATS is very well made, there is a lot out there but not so organized and easy to use actually there is nothing like it I can find. I am sure it has been and is a lot of effort to maintain.

I don't think you guys are liars, I feel you are strong, opinionated persons. I thought about it last night and I think I would be much worse if it were my website. I would probably get rid of a lot more and some persons with all the constant personal attacks on people would be gone!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just a little observation and one thing becomes clear...Most of the members that are having problems are typically newer members.

I say if you have a problem with this site discuss it privately with the admin and leave it out of threads, and if the discussion doesn't help you do have another alternative....

So it is up to you as to what experience you have on ATS.

You can make it a memorable one or you can not be remembered either way it is up to you.

edit on 22-6-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi,

I just linked myself back to this thread from the front page and I wanted to drop a little note to the membership that might be hanging about.

First, I wanted to say that having an above top secret code name is fun; I would suggest that you all enjoy it while you can, very soon you will have to be exactly who you are to dwell on these networks, it's the only way that we are really going to be able to keep your grandparents from sending your inheritance to some guy in the Congo. Get me?

Listen, one of the first things that I did, about three months in to being a member, is I went and learned what User Generated Content (UGC) is. No, you are not going to get it from the name, it is best understood as a protocol for HMI, with many components all coming together to deliver an experience.

User-generated content (UGC) covers a range of media content available in a range of modern communications technologies. It entered mainstream usage during 2005, having arisen in web publishing and new media content production circles.

It is used for a wide range of applications, including problem processing, news, gossip and research and reflects the expansion of media production through new technologies that are accessible and affordable to the general public.

All digital media technologies are included, such as question-answer databases, digital video, blogging, podcasting, forums, review-sites, social networking, social media, mobile phone photography and wikis.

In addition to these technologies, user-generated content may also employ a combination of open source, free software, and flexible licensing or related agreements to further reduce the barriers to collaboration, skill-building and discovery ("'UGC'") has also gained in popularity over the last decade, as more and more users have begun to flock to social media and "'content-based'" sharing sites.

Sometimes UGC can constitute only a portion of a website. For example, there are sites where the majority of content is prepared by administrators, but numerous user reviews of the products being sold are submitted by regular users of the site.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now, ATS is very, very close to being 100% UGC, baby. Take a look at the list of technologies that are brought together to bring the UGC. Now open a window to post and look at what comes with your membership and ask yourself which of those tools were not provided to ATS members when the staff created this site. They are all there.

ATS is a UGC Tool, but if you don't know what it is, how can you appreciate what has been provided?

Now is it clear why we are right next to the NSA on that map? You put it there, ATS.

Congratulations. I don't know, seems to me that that is something to deeply ponder over the weekend.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Bybyots because: link

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Its pretty humorous that we are supposedly a “freemasonic” group, when roughly half of the staff here is female. The last time I checked females are still not allowed to be Freemasons. For that matter, a little searching around the site about me will show that its against my religion to join freemasonry.

As far as plants go, as long as the federal government has a law against that plant (which means its not “freely growing in the ground” BTW), it violates the clear T&C of the site. Allowing such discussions has been tried ad infintum here, and it always went to same way...

People could just not control their enthusiasm in posting about their personal experiences with such things, and eventually ruined it for everyone. Don't blame the staff for not being able to discuss this matter, the responsibility rests solely with members who couldn't follow even simple restrictions placed on that topic.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

wow, havent read the whole thread JUST THE OP !!

but im heading over to skunkworks...

just to see the good stuff ive been missing

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by siliconpsychosis

And what is your agenda in claiming some big conspiracy behind ATS ?

Threads without content, threads without a shred of reason or logic and threads with no proof (or even debateable proof) will largely go unanswered, or at worse, end up in a forum fight between the "blind believers" and the "paid disinfo debunking shills"

If you post a thread like thus:

"I have a talking banana that can dance the Macarena while making pancakes" (or substitute your whacko topic of choice) and cannot prove it, and cannot post any evidence, you are going to get people who don't believe you in the slightest because they need to see real, hard evidence. Most topics like this start off with us "paid disinfo debunking shills" asking for the proof. When none is given, it degenerates.

This is the human condition, not everyone is stupid or will blindly follow a silly theory. It is not a conspiracy

EDIT:
What have you got against freemasonry? it isn't evil. And neither were the illuminati, who were disciples of real, hard science and opposed the draconian rule of the Vatican. Again, NOT evil
edit on 21-6-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

See that is exactly the sort of nullification response a Freemason would post. The psych out about the talking banana that can dance the macarena while making pancakes. That's like the types of spells masons weave on other people to play keep-away with the knowledge. I'd expect a few hand tricks as well, like pointing around, pointing on the face, making eyes trace a pattern, sleight of hand stuff they add to manipulate the spirit that senses something is wrong.

And then the second spot, the agitation of getting defensive. See that's human ego-protecting nature of someone who is in a Masonic group and is working to defend his "brothers". At the core of that is a man going to meetings on Thursday nights doing all he can to complicate the world that doesn't know about the agenda, until the higher degree ones tap him for a promotion. It's a soul-collecting agenda accepting any God and practicing ritual magic to get a series of agreements out of people, for the power.

So why get defensive or when someone opens their mouth and the truth escapes? Does it break the spell?

Somewhere there is an etheric talking banana that can dance the macarena while making pancakes hovering around the minds of people. See the subconscious doesn't discern the truth from the lies. Banana split.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I have made the same observations here as of late. I don't know about the masonry angle, but I do think that whoever runs this site has a very specific agenda. I have noticed that here lately members can get banned for getting too close to certain truths, with no other pretext, and then the leadership of ats refuses to be accountable as to why these members got banned. For instance, the starter of the Russel Tice thread got banned almost immediately after the thread started. Why? Especially when, at the same time these members are being banned, ats maintains a thread by some seth dude about how he is christ's brother. Hmmm, I thought that unsubstantiated and completely ridiculous crap like that got people banned and threads closed, not the truth. I think the talking heads of ats need to reveal the rubric that they judge us by since it seems like even they do not follow the almighty t and c's.

Something else that didn't sit right with me was the thread about Rand Paul's lawsuit. They removed the link to sign up to support Rand. What kind of crap is that? Shouldn't we as a community be standing behind that man as he goes toe to toe with the nsa? Doesn't that come with the territory of this site? The funny thing is, I asked the ats leadership to explain to me why they feel justified in this type of behavior. To no ones surprise, I was ignored. Makes you wonder if the leadership here are junior analysts for the nsa or something. Sure seems like it.

Hope I don't get struck with the ban hammer for speaking the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I am saying clear your mind and you might understand things better. Right now it is clouded by a preconception so everything you see is being twisted to fit that perception. Not a good way to look at things. The opposite of looking through rose colored glasses which is just as bad for similar reasons.

Everyone is Anonymous? No one is Anonymous. Well except the ones that are Anonymous who say that everyone is Anonymous. The reality is that Anonymous is Anonymous, they just let others claim to be Anonymous to add a layer of separation from those that do not wish them to continue. It is a transparent wall, but a wall just the same. And no, I am not Anonymous but I know of the origins which harken back to the pheaking community and original participants in Devil's Night...but those are different stories altogether.

Bottom line best advice: Enjoy the site for what it is and how it is which are the Terms and Conditions. Failure to follow them result in post removals. Continued efforts to post outside of the T&C are dealt with accordingly. You can many testimonies of various people that have been banned from ATS all over the net. What you very rarely ever find is the simple truth: Members ban themselves for refusing to follow the T&C. That they felt they did not have to follow it or were somehow above it. No one is banned from ATS for following the T&C or by arbitrary staff action. Any such "power tripping mods" would be removed from the staff.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
it is interesting to see that a thread with this topic has made it this far, i started a similar thread once...
after lurking years and shortly after joining i came to a similar assumption, the thread i made is linked in my sig.

This idea though isnt intended from detracting from the user content itself, you can still find what you need if you where to look and after all , it may be user generated content, but it is NOT a user owned site.
Really all i have to say on the matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by southofheaven

I'm not familiar with the first thread or user you're referring to so I can't comment on that. I can however comment on the unsubstantiated and ridiculous threads. Those are pretty much this site's bread and butter. Nowhere in the T&C does it say such threads are not allowed. We even have Skunk Works and The Gray Area specifically for these threads. What is against the T&C are people knowingly posting hoaxes.

In regards to the petition, ATS has a clear no solicitation policy. ATS is neutral ground. It caters to a wide demographic of people. It wishes to retain this neutral position. If it allows one petition and then disallows others it sends a clear message as to what ATS supports and what it doesn't. The staff here tries to nip this problem in the bud by disallowing solicitation of any kind. That way we can appear inviting to as many people as possible and as a result have a greater number of varying viewpoints that help promote healthy debates and discussions.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yet I have seen threads closed because of "unsubstantiated claims", regardless of what you have said. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, I wish that's how things truly were. I have lurked on ats since the early 2000's and I didn't make an account until 2010. Furthermore, I hardly ever post anything because I have long ago made this observation. Some people on here do what ever they want to do, regardless of what the t&c's are, and that's that. I know you guys have seen this before.

On to the petition deal. Regardless of ats's neutral stance, this is a super high profile issue that effects the very basis of ats and the metaphorical ground it stands upon. It is time for our community to take a collective stand before we are no longer allowed to do so. Complacency is the entire reason that programs like PRISM exist, so hiding behind the t&c's in this instance isn't doing anyone any good, especially this site. I can tell you now, if that's the kind of stance ats will take when it comes to this issue with the nsa, we are all going to lose.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Classic "my crazy threads don't get any attention. Must blame everyone else except me!" post.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think your the one with the clouded mind my friend haha

And yeah that kind of makes sence , but I've followed anonymous since the 4chan days when they where nothing but pranksters doing raids on websites and stuff, and I happen to know that anonymous is just a name that anyone can use, hence the symbol of the suit with a question mark instead of a head, everyone and anyone can be in that suit.. Although I understand it is evolving and there are more devouted anons it remains the same , everyone.. Anyone that claims to be a member of anonymous is a lier, as it is not really a group rather a idea..

Righteoo man, sick of talking about it myself.. I guess I always have bluelight

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Seems like you aint the only one to think that ATS is controlled by someone else. I dont know how many people have seen this but i just thought i'll post a link.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-6-2013 by dman456 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join