It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blog source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I believe there should be a new rule introduced.

I am requesting that anyone who is posting a new thread and where the primary source is 'a blog' , this should be alluded to in the title.

A lot of the most dramatic threads seem now to be using blogs as there source.

Yes, I know we cannot trust MSM. I also know that bloggers are full of crap too.

I am afraid that as soon as i see a thread that is using a blog as source I generally close immediately.

It turns out that I am doing that a lot recently.

So, I think threads like this need to alert us to the fact they are a blog source.

This is only because it is only the most shocking and striking thread titles are using blog sources. otherwise this would not be bothering me,

I would suggest that a user must simply place the word 'blog' at the end of thread title if this is the primary source. that's all i am asking.

i am not asking for much but don't expect it. i can dream.

they could also place just initials at the end of thread title with blog source i.e. BS

but the word 'blog' might be preferred by some.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Some blogs though are really good sources. I use several in the Aviation forum all the time that are some of the better sources for information in the aviation industry. Blog doesn't automatically mean crap, it just depends on the blog, and the information being given.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would like to see honesty and correctness in thread titles. Won't be holding my breathe waiting though.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
While a lot of blogs tend to be full of crap, you will find some which are actually accurate and objective. As an example, i myself have a blog, and i write analyses of prominent events and make sure my readers are kept up to date on news. How do i do this? I use a range of sources from every legit, and reliable news organisation i can find. This ensures that i, and the readers get the whole picture and not just a specific perspective pushed by one organisation or another.

Not all blogs are unreliable.
edit on 21-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join