It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you think people have passed background checks? Think again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It's always the jobs that need a background check the most that are left unchecked. Disney world didn't for a long time. (I don't know if they do now-a-days, but if so, then only because of outrage over certain cases). How many pedos do you think they hired in that time?
So it's ok to risk people with sensitive info or that are around children constantly, but you can't apply to Walmart or most apartments without a background check....Makes sense.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

@ Wrabbit2000 : I've joined this site back in 2011, but I've been visiting almost every day - I just never post anything. I now AM posting because I want you to know just how much I appreciate some of your posts! You're obviously an intelligent individual and you demonstrate to others just how much that you care about our society. I can't thank you enough for your insightful posts & what a great service that you do in sharing so much information within the ATS community.

Please, keep up the good work! We ALL benefit from what you post & share with the rest of this cyber-community.

This is my FIRST post & I dedicate it to you for your truthfulness and honesty. I just want to say a great-big THANK YOU to you - Wrabbit2000!

Domari Nolo

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I hated doing a background check. For the job I have now I had to do a complete FBI background check and it made me nervous even though I have nothing to be nervous about. It cleared of course, but you just never know what the heck could be on something like that. Made me wonder about some of my posts on ATS....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Its not out of the ordinary. 99% of all background investigations done by OPM are conducted by a contractor. At one time the background investigations were conducted by government employees. A lot of these contractors conducting the backgrounds now are college interns or or young guys trying to get a paycheck.

Its a work intensive job, on your feet all the time and requires a lot of travel. There just isnt enough interviewers/investigators to conduct the huge number of investigations that are needed. The government (OPM) knows this and does nothing about it. Each investigation cost in the realm of about $5,000 to complete even if it is not followed through. (that is a public trust position). Top secret with polygraph will cost you around $8,000 to 9,000 bucks even if they fail per person.

Do you have any idea how many of these things are done? Too many to number.

Snowden (I think this is his name right?) could have passed all the required background checks and it still wouldnt have come up with the idea that he would eventually turn whistleblower. How could it? Most background investigations by law go back 10 years into your history. Could it have found something of interest? Did he lie about his history? Did he take drugs? Did he register for the draft? Did the interview of his neighbors and past co-workers go well? Other than that what can we learn from the background investigation?

I think the media is fishing for a bad past...something that would explain his behavior.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by takaris7

I think the media is fishing for a bad past...something that would explain his behavior.

I think you're right. The media and others out there seem to be grasping at anything to "explain him", while missing the obvious truth and forest through the trees. It really is that hard for many to just grasp the reality, I suppose. Some segments of the Government we all support in one way or another, really ARE that bad. Hollywood movie level bad. Not everyone who comes to serve in those areas can handle that level of ugliness as it's gone right off the deep end and kept on swimming, seemingly for a distance record.

Perhaps when they run out of avenues to hunt and see, as it seems, Snowden is what he appears to be and isn't nursing some hidden 'defect' to explain what is so obvious to most of us as a ...conscience... they can help be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Then again, perhaps I've just lost myself in wishful thinking here too. We can hope though. What's life without hope?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

They are investigating his girlfriend...(oh she is a pole dancer...Who the hell cares if she is a poll dancer)..his parents (how did he become a high school dropout...Who the hell cares if he was)...and anything that can make him "bad" in the media/public eye. They want to make him a villian because they just cant lock him up and throw away the key (yet).

They are doing anything they can to move the focus away from the horrible things they have done and focus on the stupid....

I hope he continues to come out with more information.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by takaris7

Oh yes... His girlfriend. There is that. Now if anything suggests he might be a little crazy? Well.... (imagines a set of old balance scales) Lets see..... National Good Waking up to that every morning? The good of all mankind waking to her every morning.

Hmmmm.... It's enough to wonder and I better stop wondering too. My wife does have her own account here to login every so often. I won't be waking up to mine if I keep speculating like that.

Lets just say his level of dedication is beyond question, given all the...ahem..factors involved.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know a guy who lost his Top Secret clearance, and by default, his job because his credit score was destroyed due to a divorce. Should he have lost his job over that? I contend that he shouldn't have. If this type of situation warrants some records being falsified in order for a good person to keep their job then so be it.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Unfortunately that was after the fact. IRS employees can get fired because of bad credit or "not paying their taxes" no matter how good of an employee they are.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Originally posted by hp1229

All I can go by is my own background check (NACI) and it's a low level clearance. I had to submit a ton of forms, affidavits and references, all of whom were interviewed. I was interviewed for almost two hours on every aspect of my life. After the interview, the answers were verified through a different person than the interviewer.
I suspect that I could not have gotten one lie past the process.
All that for a NACI? Hmmmm doesn't make sense. How long ago was this?
edit on 20-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

I thought it didn't go that far for NACI. Only for Secret and TS/SSBI and other forms of TS with or without Poly. Unless they wanted to verify just incase if needed elevated due to the nature of your work?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

All I can go by is my own background check (NACI) and it's a low level clearance. I had to submit a ton of forms, affidavits and references, all of whom were interviewed. I was interviewed for almost two hours on every aspect of my life. After the interview, the answers were verified through a different person than the interviewer.
I suspect that I could not have gotten one lie past the process.
All that for a NACI? Hmmmm doesn't make sense. How long ago was this?

I thought it didn't go that far for NACI. Only for Secret and TS/SSBI and other forms of TS with or without Poly. Unless they wanted to verify just incase if needed elevated due to the nature of your work?

Nope. I just have the "Public Trust" clearance, but that's what it entailed. I know people who have Secret clearance and they really get put through the ringer! In the interview, he asked me about my finances, my ex wife, my wife, my friends and family, old debts, credit rating, student loans, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join