It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineer - Mostly Concerned with Central Banking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
All,

I'm an engineer in the States who reads a lot - mostly Zerohedge - and always look for ways to end the Federal Reserve. I am also a proponent of decentralization and would appreciate any tips on ways to provide services to local communities in order to earn a living. I do have a 3D printer, a Makerbot 2X, so I know that is a major possibility for earning a living, but I am looking for any ideas on what I can make.

Glad to be here and best wishes to everyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Welcome....
I want a printer...

Be like me.
Advertise for investments in FOREX to the everyday man trying to pay the bills. In the forex scene we do battle with the central banks around the world, each in their time session.
The fed.....sap suckers.. Bernanke's speech next week will make the everyday man a bundle. it will end this latest market slow-down.
Yep, do battle with big banks.

edit on 14-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

What are the dimensions of the objects you are able to print with your printer?

Start with household items like cups/plates, so you'll only need to visit the stores for things you cannot print.

Not sure if you can make a living from manufacturing objects though, since usually you'll have to pay for the blueprints you use to print them, unless you plan on designing your own. The cost/benefit of selling your products probably won't beat the mass scale manufacturing in supermarkets.

Have fun with the 3D printer, thinking about getting one in the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Howdy do...

I'm also concerned with banking and used to work for one in the loan processing department.

My printing idea's would be anything needed in the medical field, eye glasses, hearing aids, and toys.

If you get a chance post some pics you may have of the things you've printed...I'm curious about this 3D printing.

I believe it would also be cool if I could print out some shoes, belts and hats....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

What to Make. .. ?

Currency Plates. . Most certainly.

Right away you might want to apply for a Firearms Manufacturing License. It takes about 6 months to get one.

P.S. .. ... . Welcome
edit on 14-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Answering several questions here, sorry for the length.

Here’s the example I like to give for the uninitiated to the modern miracle that is 3D printing: Jay Leno had a part for a 1907 steam car break. Obviously, no one makes those parts anymore, but he used a machine (a Kinect can actually be used) to “scan” the part’s shape, he 3D printed the object, put the part back in the car, and the car worked!

www.popularmechanics.com...

Basically, you have a spool of plastic that feeds into a small furnace and a robotic track moves the extruder around and places plastic layer by layer to fabricate real objects (I'm a visual person - you have to watch a video to really understand what it does). Right now, 3D printing is mostly ABS plastic, but metal 3D printing is also common and I am reading stories about 3D printing of food, leather, and biological parts. What you can print is truly up to the imagination. Some 3D printers are only a few hundred dollars now and 3D printers can even assemble new 3D printers! You just have to buy the metal frame and motor essentially.

We plan on creating our own models using CAD software (right now FreeCAD because it is free and we are broke), but you can also scan real parts to save the effort of modeling something (since it can get difficult quick). Patents are one area that current companies will use to fight 3D printing, but you cannot patent useful things like gears or chairs, only designs or unique features. The build volume is about 10” x 6” x 6”, which doesn’t sound like much, but when you think about it, there are millions of small plastic objects that frequently break.

It is true that you can make your own cups and other such objects, but at this time the plastic costs about $15 / kg (2.2 pounds), so smaller objects are much more economical. The ABS plastic itself costs about $0.10 a pound, so if we took raw plastic and melted it ourselves with an extruder, it would be much cheaper and thus economical to make larger objects. Eventually, though, the price of ABS plastic spools will come down substantially as more people make them.

It is possible to compete on price because it doesn’t cost millions of dollars to buy a mold for plastic injection and you aren’t shipping the parts all the way around the world. I was planning on focusing on high profit margin items. For example, one of my friends is into guitars and he designed a “truss rod cover”, a decorative piece on the end of a guitar. They sell online for $9-$29 and cost us about $0.10 in material to make. There are just technical details in making it look nice and finding a design that will sell.

I had thought about medical items since there are so many baby boomers retiring and home health care items since many are taking care of their parents at home, but not sure what specifically to make.

Some pictures:

Guitar knobs with indicator notch so you can feel where the knob is at

imageshack.us...

Custom made bracket for guitar pickup (some can be hard to find in certain shapes evidently)

imageshack.us...

For more ideas on what can be 3D printed, thingiverse.com hosts files you can simply download, push a button, and the 3D printer will get to work making that object.

www.thingiverse.com...

The currency plates idea is hilarious – that is definitely possible with 3D printing. The Fed counterfeits money every day, so why shouldn’t we?

I am curious how common people can use forex as a tool against central bankers. It would seem that it would be tough to fight a torrent of quadrillions that simply appear at their whim.

I think that covered everything

Thank you all for the welcoming!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

Hi 3D printer technology is interesting stuff hope to learn more about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Engineer - Mostly Concerned with Central Banking,

Oh but there is so much more!

And you are welcome to explore!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

I have had several things printed through Shapeways. I have been pretty impressed with the level of detail. I have Not been Impressed with the price although I always make a good profit.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Hi 3D printer technology is interesting stuff hope to learn more about it.

If you had any specific questions, I might be able to help get you started!

Originally posted by Magister

Engineer - Mostly Concerned with Central Banking,

Oh but there is so much more!

I do actually have quite a wide range of interest from computer programming to technological advances to psychology to NWO to international finance, etc. But, I just listed that because taking on the Fed was my top priority.

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
I have had several things printed through Shapeways.

I would upload designs on Shapeways if I was artistic at all lol. One of my two friends that is in on the 3D printing is really creative and I’m hoping he can come with some cool designs to upload. One of my two friends is pretty artistic, though and I found the software Sculptris, which appears to be pretty amazing and also free.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by apcbm4

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
I have had several things printed through Shapeways.

I would upload designs on Shapeways if I was artistic at all lol. One of my two friends that is in on the 3D printing is really creative and I’m hoping he can come with some cool designs to upload. One of my two friends is pretty artistic, though and I found the software Sculptris, which appears to be pretty amazing and also free.

I know a few people that use Sculptris and they love it.

I have been using Blender 3D for about 11-12 years. It is the best piece of Free software I have ever used. It has a GPL license which is great. It is good for manufacturing artistic items as well as Precision Modeling Mechanical items. In my opinion it is better than any CAD software I have used..

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by apcbm4

Surely out of all these people someone can give you some ideas.

Enjoy yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I've looked at Blender a little bit, but it does not seem very intuitive to work with objects. Also, I'm not sure about how to make accurate dimensions in Blender (there was some kind of plugin I found, but it didn't work). I will admit, though, that I probably haven't given Blender enough of a chance and taken the time to learn the software.

I've been working with FreeCAD, but I think it is still under massive development and it has its own quirks to work out.

top topics

join