It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Assad government used chemical weapons on rebels, US officials 'conclude' RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Again just seen this on Twitter and assad is trending as I type.

Assad government used chemical weapons on rebels, US officials 'conclude'

American officials say they have confirmed that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons against the insurgency seeking to remove it, the Associated Press reports.

An internal memorandum circulating within the Obama administration has assessed that chemical weapons, most likely the nerve gas sarin, were used multiple times in battle against the Syrian rebels.

The “intelligence community assesses that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year,” according to that memo, as cited by The New York Times.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

rt.com...

With the announcement of this and the announcement of a possible no fly zone enforced from Jordan then things might be getting very interesting/ugly very fast very soon.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How can one conclude chemical weapon s were used and yet in the very next sentence say Most likely nerve gas! you either know or you do not freaking know!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Didn't the UN say that it was the rebels who used Sarin?
This stinks to high heaven this....The rebels had that guy cut out someones heart and eat it, and the US,France and the UK are backing them? the Muslim Brotherhood?.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Remember all those people who said 'oh no! the Patriots to Jordan are all part of an exercise...nothing to see here! move on!'. Where are they now? I'd say the others calling the troops and equipment into Jordan a pre-positioning were 100% right on.

I also said, just yesterday, the level of desperation of the Obama administration as evidenced by their increasingly outlandish attempts to divert public attention was going to get physically dangerous for someone. I even mentioned war, outright. Well.... I really *HATE* being right sometimes and I was hoping I would be in this case.

Looks like war is on the docket though and the Court of public opinion is in session.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The Plan is:

Syria > Hezbollah > Iran

But this is how it will really go down:

Syria.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I call BS. One of the interesting things about this week was the leak from the PRISM internet monitor slides. ( explaining the that software has a friendely user interface.)

They showed the slide where in the world the most is being monitored. Red = Heavy , green = none.

Syria was as green as it could get. For a dire situation you would expect them to make use of this system no?

Smokes and screens hurt no bones?

join