It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Asia, Bush means global warming, insurgencies, and free trade: analysts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
"For people and governments across Asia, four more years with George W. Bush in the White House promise global warming and rising Muslim insurgencies but also free trade pacts and jobs, Asian analysts said Thursday.

Governments in the region that are allied with the United States rushed Thursday to congratulate the winner of the US presidential elections. And business leaders said his promotion of free trade bodes well for jobs in India, China and Japan."

www.spacedaily.com...

"Terrorism experts meanwhile warned that unless US foreign policy changed, particularly in the Middle East, the United States risked fanning the flames of Muslim insurgencies in the region.

If policy does not change, Bush's re-election will mean that "the war on terror will continue to be complicated and problematic, given the huge anti-Bush sentiment that we are seeing in the Muslim world, and particularly in this part of the world," said Andrew Tan, a security analyst with Singapore's Institute of Defence and Strategic Studies."

Well, everything has a good side and a bad side...I guess.

Surf

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I guess you have to ask your self whats better for the country , Jobs? Or The risk of being hit by another terrorist attack?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX 1138
I guess you have to ask your self whats better for the country , Jobs? Or The risk of being hit by another terrorist attack?

I wonder what were the people who voted for Bush had in mind.

Surf

new topics

join