It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News for Survivors of NC Forced Sterilization Program.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is something that happened between 1929 and the 1970s., and now they want to compensate the victims.

According to me, they took a lot of time to do it. Maybe back in the 80's or 90"s there were too many survivors still around, a budget issue. Looks like they did the math again. So political moves in NC, I must say.

RALEIGH (AP) — House Republicans would provide $50,000 each to survivors of North Carolina’s forced sterilization program, according to their state government budget proposal released Sunday night.

The two-year spending bill, expected to be voted on by the full chamber later this week, would set aside $10 million to compensate people who lost their child-bearing abilities through the state-sponsored program from 1929 through the mid-1970s.

Read the rest :

www.salisburypost.com...

edit on 13-6-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, have to be optimistic here...... But at least some people are finally getting something as compensation. You know, what really chaps my arse is that there are still people out there that refuse to believe and acknowledge that these programs were around in the past.......

Anyway, some compensation is better than none, however small the amount. That is, IF the budget gets passed

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dothedew

Right. These programs had been there since who knows when. Back in the 30"s there was one in California, Hitler used it as a model. Part of USA history nobody want to tell.

join