It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb threat at Princeton University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Bomb threat at Princeton University

Princeton Twitter

Princeton University ‏@Princeton 34m

Bomb threat on campus. Pls evacuate campus and offices and go home. Updates to follow. Check email. NOT A TEST.

PRINCETON (WABC) -- Students and faculty are being evacuated from Princeton University in New Jersey after a bomb threat was made to multiple unspecified campus buildings Tuesday morning.

Those on campus were told to leave the campus and all University offices immediately and go home unless otherwise directed by a supervisor.

Public Safety officers and Princeton Police are directing drivers leaving the campus, while those wi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
abclocal.go.com
edit on 11-6-2013 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That is from the princeton University twitter page, it is now being confirmed also on cnn and other sites.

I really hope this is a false alarm. It was sent to multiple places along the campus.

This is as a half hr ago, keep checking their twitter page, they are posting but no new updates at this time, I hope all will be ok, because this is getting a bit ridiculous. Every day it seems another threat somewhere, keep the fear going

Princeton Twitter page
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add, an update 6 minutes ago from the website:

There has been a bomb threat to multiple unspecified campus buildings. Please evacuate the campus and all University offices immediately and go home unless otherwise directed by your supervisor. Public Safety officers and Princeton Police will direct drivers leaving the campus and those without cars will be directed to evacuation sites. You will receive an update later today. Do not return to campus for any reason until advised otherwise.

Princeton.edu

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There are lots of false alarms like this at universities

I hope this is another one, i suspect it probably is

it would be good to keep this thread updated however until we know for sure.

i just hope whatever has happened everyone is ok

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So who had an exam scheduled and didn't want to take it today?

I could always be wrong... This could be the real thing. 1 out of thousands over the last few years tho? If I were a betting man, I'd say the odds are heavily in favor of calling it a crank.

I know.. gotta take everything seriously. I think the only way to put a stop to this crap is to put a stop to the PEOPLE who pull it. Make a false threat a multi-YEAR sentence in prison. Not jail. Not probation and no exception. You call in a threat? You're life just ended for a few years, even if it's false.

Enough of the crank bomb threats every time someone has a personal issue or thinks it's cute.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree. Seems like it wasnt a crowded day there, as this was posted about 10 minutes ago:

Princeton University ‏@Princeton 9m Regular classes are over and Commencement was last Tuesday. Most students left campus days or weeks ago.

The best to keep informed is through the website and twitter page.

Still tense I would think til they get an all clear

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, what are these people facing in terms of jailtime? I thought you do a couple of years for something that serious...That should be scary enough...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'm not sure what the New Jersey statute is for maximum possible sentence, but actual outcome is a pathetic joke, IMO.

N.J. teen sentenced in bomb scare case

^^^ That one got a whopping 5 DAYS in juvie hall.

Wrightstown man sentenced for making bomb threat to Medford medical building

^^^ That one got a year of probation.

15 month sentence in Philadelphia Airport bomb threat hoax

^^^ That one was a complete idiot, apparently, and did it against a Federally covered facility. Oops. He actually did some time for it.

Ridiculous, huh?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Loss of freedom for an extended period might take the fun factor out for future callees.

Or the person can spend a few months defusing IEDs in Afghanistan, training optional. bet that would take the humor out of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What in the HELL?!

That is a complete joke! More money is spent tracking down the fake threat for a few hours than what it takes to punish the idiots that call it in!!

Minimum 10 years, lets see who does it now smh

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Posted 5 minutes ago from the Princeton Police twitter page

Princeton Police ‏@PrincetonPolice 2m Traffic inbound to Princeton from Rt 1 is closed at this time. Outbound traffic is being allowed at this time. Please avoid downtown.

Princeton University ‏@Princeton 1m Roads around campus are congested. Please allow extra time if you are driving, cycling or walking on the outskirts of campus.

Princeton University ‏@Princeton 1m If you've left campus, you may go to Nassau Inn, Princeton Public Library and Princeton Arts Council building downtown.

At this time, Rt. 206 both north and southbound and Rt. 27 northbound are open to traffic and are recommended routes heading out of town...

Princeton Twitter page

And this little snippet from Abc7

School is out of session, with commencement being heldo on June 4. The university is unable to provide the number of staff members and other personnel actually on campus grounds at this point.
Abc7

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Come on, Wrabbit -

Each guy we jail is another guy not showing up to work and paying taxes.

Of course, if I get a kickback from my buddies who run things downstate then of course throw the book at them, we all gotta eat.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Surely this was just some young lad looking to delay a final exam due to a hangover or illness. Unfortunately, most of these turn into more kinder for the furnace of the police state.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

* * UPDATE * *

6:25 P.M. UPDATE -- Princeton University reopened its campus at 6:25 p.m. Tuesday, about eight hours after students, faculty and staff were evacuated because of a bomb threat.

The University received a phone call from someone who said multiple bombs were placed throughout campus at unspecified locations. After determining that the threat was credible, University officials ordered the campus evacuated. Faculty and staff were sent home; students were told to go to public places in the town of Princeton, including the Princeton Public Library, the Princeton Arts Council and the Nassau Inn.

Considering they now KNOW it was all bogus, I think the term and criteria for "credible" need to be looked at a little closer, eh?

Bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in from law enforcement agencies and searched campus in a coordinated effort with University staff members. No explosive devices were found. The University takes all threats to the safety and well being of its community members and visitors seriously.
Source

I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting the update but since I figure ATS may have people who are watching this close enough to care but not enough to hunt the news down personally, I'd get it up as soon as I came across it.

All clear and no threat this time! (Now bury the sucker who did it
)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

There wasn't one in New Jersey but there was one in 'Santa Ana' California.

A video of the blast:

news.sky.com...#

media.skynews.com...

edit on 12-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Agree. They should be punished heavily for their stupidity to warn other idiots.

top topics

join