It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myth is only a myth because we deem it so.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownKnower

Oh I know right? All religions are, are the biggest works of fiction ever. Don your flame suit, because the religious fanatics will be here in no time.
edit on 11/6/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/6/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
By virtue of the verbal and written words contrived and contained within the 'holy writings' and their subsequent 'holy books' during the development of the first two Abrahamic religions as well as the later Abrahamic religion(s), it is safe to say that the known ancient religions consisting of the contemporary polytheistic beliefs as well as any other known beliefs during and prior to said development(s) were regarded and taught to their respective followers of these two first Abrahamic religions as well as the subsequent Abrahamic religions, as being myths.

It is relatively safe to say that we can include the majority of aboriginal beliefs/religions from across the globe as also being regarded and/or deemed as myths in the 'eyes' of the current big three belief systems... Judea, Christianity and Islam... and in some respects the small but growing newest Abrahamic faith system the Baha'i Faith. In spite that many of the aboriginal beliefs/religions are not so ancient given that many have been discovered throughout the past 4 centuries.

Ok so I clearly pointed out the quite obvious... and no, it does not answer the question as to "why they are deemed as myths".

In my very humble opinion, the answer to that is simple... it is inherent to each new religion to put asunder all competing faiths. And that competition is clearly for followers for the funds and social / political power they bring to the new religion(s), or more specifically the leaders of said religion(s). The proof is in the pudding as it were, just look at the big three and their political clout.

Here is something that no one in this thread has touched on as yet... this competition for followers between the big three is made very difficult and quite violent over the past, at least, 1900 years by virtue of their stark similarity... they all believe in the same godhead, albeit through different methodology.
That being said, if one says the other is a myth, they create a paradoxical paradigm. But religion being what it is, of course in spite of that paradox there is one that does openly imply that point.

None of the big three have ever been able to provide any scientifically verifiable evidence to substantiate their given godhead. In spite of the fact that they have had at least 1500 years to do so... ergo... I support the contention that all Abrahamic religions - and by extension of the same question of substantiation, all religions - be deemed as myth.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Thought comes before words, words are an inaccurate and inefficient way to convey thought because they restrict description of thought through a pre-conditioned way of expression.

I suppose one could invent one's own words and language, but then it would be impossible for others to understand until they went through the indoctrination or training to understand it.

Of course anyone who claims affinity to another doctrine would consider me to be an evil person who cannot be understood according to their conditioned way of viewing their world and other people.

Myth is nothing more than belief, if enough people believe something it becomes real in a way, but it's still nothing but a myth.

I see a world in which many believe in things that cannot possibly be real or true, I suppose that's what has to be done to avoid admitting we are all separate and alone so we have a group to cling to and protect us from the big bad world.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join