It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-CIA worker Edward Snowden revealed as US spy agency whistleblower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is the guy Alex Jones wishes he was:

Britain's Guardian newspaper has identified a 29-year-old former CIA technical worker as the source for leaks about US spy agencies that have rattled Washington's security services in the past few days.

The Guardian, which published revelations that US security services monitored millions of phone calls as well as
tapping into internet servers, said its source, Edward Snowden, had asked it to reveal his identity.

"I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong," Mr Snowden told The Guardian in an interview posted on the newspaper's website.

According to the Guardian, Mr Snowden has been working for the National Security Agency (NSA) for the last four years, employed by various outside contractors, including tech consultancy Booz Allen, and computer company Dell.

Three weeks ago, he copied secret documents at the NSA office in Hawaii and told his boss he needed time off for treatment for epilepsy. He packed his bags and on May 20 flew to Hong Kong, leaving behind a salary of about $US200,000, a girlfriend with whom he lived in Hawaii, a stable career and a loving family.

"I'm willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the US government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're
secretly building," he said.

(Source).

The real whistleblowers have proper intel and make personal sacrifices for their principles.
edit on 9/6/13 by Sankari because: fixed url...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

So it would be ashame if people started to become complacent again on the matter. Meaning - support media outlets as well as people like this with the tools at your fingertips. I'm waiting for media to go quiet on this soon. Which would mean someone threatened them.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Posted HERE earlier.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

A little late to the party.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Reading that one has to wonder why is government NSA intent on spying on citizens. The Yellow, Green, Red lists for the Fema or some other motive?
edit on 9-6-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join