It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. Utility Says It Will Retire Nuclear Plant (San Onofre)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I searched for the proper forum for this OP. Mods, I didn't know where to put this. Please feel free to move.

The troubled San Onofre nuclear power plant in Southern California is closing, after an epic 16-month battle over whether the twin reactors could be safely returned to service, officials announced Friday.

Operator Southern California Edison said in a statement it will retire the twin reactors because uncertainty about the future of the plant, which was facing a tangle of regulatory hurdles and investigations.

Link

Well here is some good news. I live here and there has been a lot of uproar about restarting the plant. It seems that the citizen action and hearings that took place last month did some good. The moved the hearings up to Northern California to try to keep away the residents most affected. They weren't going to televise them and there was a resident uproar that forced the Commission to relent.The plant will be shuttered now.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
And they're not too keen on the publicity. Just one more reason to investigate them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Awww That was my favorite Nuke plant! Every time I drove by in the evening my girl and I would shout out BOOBIES! I will miss that......

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Awww That was my favorite Nuke plant! Every time I drove by in the evening my girl and I would shout out BOOBIES! I will miss that......

They're not going anywhere, so shout to your preverted hearts content!

new topics

top topics

join