It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free PDF Downloads : "UFO Britannia"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Some time ago, in another post, it was discussed making some of the more interesting threads from ATS freely available in pdf format for members to download and view on their PCs or other devices. This was done about 5 years ago but has long ceased.

Although the T&Cs imply that user content can be reproduced as long it is not for commercial gain and credit is duly given to the content creator I have only used my own posts as a basis for creating this pdf file. (There is also an extended write up on Rendlesham which did not appear in the original threads).

The link to the file is: minus.com...

Hover over the top, to the right of the document and a download icon should appear. The file is only about 5mb.

Anyone is welcome to download it (although you'll have to decide for yourself how interesting it is) and I'll apologise in advance for any typos or grammatical errors.

However the main point is that this is just an example. I would like to gauge the feeling of other members if this would be a worthwhile exercise in the future?

Or maybe it's a bad idea and you'd all prefer to stick to reading the forums?

Once again the free UFO Britannia file can be download from here : Download link

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Think it's a good idea mate, pdf is a good filing system for collectors and archivists

edit on 6-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well thanks for the flags and the stars, which sort of indicates a few people like the idea.

But if I go ahead with another pdf collection any ideas on what to include?

Jkrog's New and Revised Chronological UFO Thread Directory has some brilliant posts included:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe that would be a good place to start?

Then what about a pdf collection of posts on "Roswell" or "1947" for instance?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That's a fantastic resource, thanks for making it available. My first experience of ATS was working my way through your threads on historic UK sightings, which I find particularly interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
Well thanks for the flags and the stars, which sort of indicates a few people like the idea.

But if I go ahead with another pdf collection any ideas on what to include?

Hi Mirageman,

I'd flagged this thread, but haven't previously had time to post some thoughts. (It's been a hectic few weeks in work...).

Anyway, I like the idea of topic-based PDF archives (as you may have guessed...), the making available of those archives on a free file storage website and and your presentation of the archive.

My main thought on a possible improvement would be to include links to the relevant threads (or make them more visible/obvious if they are already included in the archive, since I haven't spotted them on skimming through the PDF document). It would be good if readers could:
(1) Find any existing comments in the relevant thread (which may include additional information/links/corrections);
(2) Know where to go to add their own comments.

Edit to add: Could you also post a brief outline of your process for creating such a document from several ATS threads, in case other members (including me...) want to try their hand at it?

edit on 10-6-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thank you for your very constructive ideas Isaac. I will endeavour to incorporate those ideas into the next one I prepare.

I am also happy to share the process in creating such a document to assist others as suggested. I haven't time myself at the moment to go through a thorough run-down and instructions just yet but promise I will with the next one.

Basically I used Word 2007 with it's built in pdf creation function and a free image editor for creating/editing the various graphics.

So as to make the whole process free of charge can anyone recommend a good PDF creator that is free/open source?

top topics

join