It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is all the lottery money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I apologize ahead of time if this question has already been asked on ATS. I looked and found questions of fraud, but nothing that questions the "Government" entities that handle all the money. I am speculating it is all a criminal enterprise and does not go to any public benefit.

Has anyone actually followed the money trail to see where this money is and who has access to this money?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by straddlebug

Here's what they do.

Let's say they get a lottery on the ballet by saying the money will go to schools.

Ok, fine.

They project how much they think the lotto will bring in, then CUT the school budget by that much.
Any overflow then gets funneled to other projects. Any shortcoming, well, the schools just have to suck it up.

Sucks, but seems to be the way it is. Granted, it is REALLY difficult to actually prove this, as cuts are stated publicly for other reasons, things are shifted around, etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have no idea where it goes but one cant forget where a bunch of it ends up. Aside from the winning payout there is marketing and advertising costs, I imagine retailers would want a cut for selling tickets. Administration has to eat up some. what I'm trying to point out is that there must be a fair chunk of the profit going back into keeping the thing going, where does the remaining loot end up......?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone remembers this but I would say about 10-12 years ago. There was a CEO of powerball that commited suicide and than a week later the guy under him also commited suicide. They both were investigated for fraud and nothing was found.
Not long after that Bush Jr. changed the game by adding more numbers and I haven't won more than a couple bucks sence.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The same place cigarette taxes go... funding all of our dirty little secrets. I'm sure a generous portion goes to particle coliders as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It all different. There are State Lotteries, Regional Lotteries...and so far I dont think there is a United States and Guam Lottery. So its many different Govenrments holding this money, not just "the government".

To echo your question....where IS all the money...lets say...just for SCHOOLS??????? Here in the Metro Detroit area, theres no toilet paper, books, programs are cut.....what gives here???

PS Thanks very much for starting this thread!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
So its many different Govenrments holding this money, not just "the government":

Yes, my original question was using the term "The Government" in a plural sense. I understand there are various state lotteries and associations. However, I wonder if these lotteries were put into place by a criminal enterprise and corrupt politicians. After all of these years, there must be a honey pot that someone has control of and probably is spending on personal wants. It looks like a huge ponzi.

new topics

top topics

join