It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing trend in my life, the need to connect with nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Lately i have been having this need to connect with nature more. I dont really have an explanation for it but it find it soothing, sort of meditative. A few days ago i went on a powerline hike through the mountains with a friend of mine for a grueling 5 hours in the rain. We picked some fresh ripe oyster mushrooms and ate them. Then i found some fresh mugwort down by the road and decided to pick some to bring home. Now today i am contemplating going on a hike somewhere because all i see and hear is the city.

Anyone else experiencing this lately?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Grew up in a Big City, Traveled the world and there is nothing like a good old walk in the woods away from the hustle and bustle, I know live in a rural area with woods, Need to move again soon, Society is creeping down my street, will need to move deeper into the woods soon.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

Yeah me to. I cant wait to move into the country.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yes, so much so that it has changed how I live my life and how I see the world.. I can like feel energy coming off trees, and being around nature just feels so good and positive. I live in the Irish countryside so I am so lucky to be able to wake up to this beautiful place everyday. Ever just sit in a field on a sunny day , close your eyes and listen to the bird song? Simply amazing, people in big citys don't know what there missing haha
edit on 01/04/2013 by Psych3d3licPsych3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by onequestion

yep been takin hikes and camping in the woods for many years and it never gets old. it seems to make me feel more connected to nature.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thats because it is beautiful especially during spring summer,you seeds sprout, fruit grows and animals with their new borns, just the other week i saw a duck with 10 chicks lol. Life grows litterally, well in the seasons we have here anyways. Even people's heart's grow in this time a year.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yes, definitely yes!

Happy to hear you had fun on your rainy hike!

Growing up I always lived in the city and thought of myself as a city boy... But in the past 5 years or so I've been having this urge to remove myself from that a bit and try to connect with nature like you say. I've bought a home in the outskirts of the city and what a difference it makes to be surrounded by trees, flowers and tranquility.

For city folks (if they have the space) I would definitely recommend gardening, it really is fun and rewarding. Although I personally don't have a green thumb, I really appreciate it. My friends are also really big on having at least one weekly hike or walk in the national park near where we are, it makes a nice change from city life.

D@mn nature, you' awesome!
edit on 27-5-2013 by Dominar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I walk through the woods daily. Only thing that brings me peace sometimes.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Lately i have been having this need to connect with nature more. I dont really have an explanation for it but it find it soothing, sort of meditative.

City folk often do.

People who actually live in the country aren't so keen on nature. They're all for the bright lights.

top topics

join